There are 193 users in the forums

Official Jim Harbaugh Mock Offseason - (Pre-Combine)

Resign: Anquan Boldin WR - The team Offensive MVP last season, imo.
Resign: Michael Wilhoite MLB - Will be needed until Bow is 100% and great ST player.
Resign: Phil Dawson K - Was money in the bank all year.
Resign: Kassim Osgood WR - Was a ST stud.
Resign: Perrish Cox CB - Provides CB depth and good ST coverage man.. not to mention an emergency return man.

New Signing: Bernard Pollard SS - Physically imposing SS who could fill the leadership void left by Whitner for a few years. 2 yrs - 2.2 mil.

Cut: Carlos Rogers CB
Cut: Jonathan Baldwin WR
Cut: Jonathan Goodwin C
Cut: Craig Dahl S

Let Go: Donte Whitner SS
Let Go: Eric Wright CB
Let Go: Anthony Dixon RB

Trade: LaMichael James RB for conditional Draft Pick in 2015. If he does not want to be here, cut him loose.

(NO PREDICTED TRADES IN DRAFT)

1st) Allen Robinson WR Penn ST. - Even though in this scenario we did resign Boldin, drafting a stud WR will be important with Crabs big deal looming. Not to mention Boldin's age. Robinson is big, fast, long arms, catches the ball well. Can make something out of nothing after the catch. Runs good routes.

2nd) Deone Bucannon SS Wash St. - Big Safety that might take a year to fine tune his game. Is not as 'NFL Ready' as Reid was last year, in my personal opinion. He is rangy and has much better ball skills than Whitner.

2nd) Stanley Jean-Baptiste CB Nebraska - Big physical CB who is rising up draft boards fast. Had a great senior bowl and could benefit from a year behind T-Brock, Cully and T. Brown.

3rd) Weston Richburg C Colorado St. - Might be wishful thinking, but I think that this is a possibility that he falls to us here. Will compete with Kilgore for playing time right away.

3rd) Dri Archer RB/RS Kent St. - I think after the combine Archer will find himself going in the 2nd to 3rd round. He is crazy fast and can fill the hole left by LMJ, and I think he is an upgrade over LMJ anyway. Could even develop to a slot WR. But in the mean time he will be a crazy good return man.

4th) David Fales QB San Jose St. - Could be a good back up QB and maybe develop into a possible trade bait down the road. Does not have the strongest arm or the best size. But has intangibles that make him a competitor.

5th) Aaron Colvin CB Oklahoma - Torn ACL at the senior bowl. He can be a redshirt player for us this year. Could of been a 2nd to 3rd round pick before the injury.

6th) Colt Lyerla TE Oregon - Athletic freak who has off the field concerns. Has top TE potential. Could push the backup TE's we have now for receiving opportunities.

7th) Cody Hoffman WR BYU - Big receiver who was the leading WR in BYU history in all statistical categories. Would of been a 1st-2nd round pick last year if he would of entered the draft. Had a mediocre Sr campaign at best.

7th) Ben Gardner DE Stanford -Provides DL depth. Possible Practice sqd candidate.

7th) Nick Williams SS Georgia -Off the filed issues. Big Safety could develop with time.

[ Edited by JimHarbaugh on Feb 12, 2014 at 7:16 PM ]
Like everyone on your mock, except Lyerla. Archer and Jean Baptiste would be nice but they will be available later than when you picked them. Would be pretty happy with this draft.
I'm not sure why many are mocking Richburg to the Niners. He is a solid prospect but watch the CSU tape. The guy is a zone blocking scheme prospect. He lacks physicality at the line of scrimmage and doesn't move the DT off of the ball.

Swanson and Larsen are the two fits in this draft at Center. Larsen is a mid round prospect who won't start his first year and Swanson will likely be gone before the second rounder we acquired from KC.

I don't see Baalke using an early pick on the position. Kilgore knows the system and will be given every opportunity to earn the job next year.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
DAVID FALES
Originally posted by RumorHasIt:
I'm not sure why many are mocking Richburg to the Niners. He is a solid prospect but watch the CSU tape. The guy is a zone blocking scheme prospect. He lacks physicality at the line of scrimmage and doesn't move the DT off of the ball.

Swanson and Larsen are the two fits in this draft at Center. Larsen is a mid round prospect who won't start his first year and Swanson will likely be gone before the second rounder we acquired from KC.

I don't see Baalke using an early pick on the position. Kilgore knows the system and will be given every opportunity to earn the job next year.

Richburg is tough and physical. Kilgore might be needed to play G as well down the road, this way we bring in a dedicated kid who can learn our system. I dont think the fact that he played in a zone blocking scheme hinders him at all. Thats like saying Mike Iupati was gonna struggle going from learning Singletary's system to Harbaugh's system. Players adapt.
I like archer but he's a 7th round guy lol
Talk about reaching
SJB is early too but not as huge of a reach as Archer
Originally posted by solidg2000:
I like archer but he's a 7th round guy lol
Talk about reaching
SJB is early too but not as huge of a reach as Archer

You might be right.. but if he runs a crazy 40 at the combine I could see him shoot up boards. I guess I should of put him later in the draft since this is a 'pre combine' mock but I cant help but feel like he is going anywhere from rounds 3-5 at the latest.
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
Resign: Anquan Boldin WR - The team Offensive MVP last season, imo.
Resign: Michael Wilhoite MLB - Will be needed until Bow is 100% and great ST player.
Resign: Phil Dawson K - Was money in the bank all year.
Resign: Kassim Osgood WR - Was a ST stud.
Resign: Perrish Cox CB - Provides CB depth and good ST coverage man.. not to mention an emergency return man.

New Signing: Bernard Pollard SS - Physically imposing SS who could fill the leadership void left by Whitner for a few years. 2 yrs - 2.2 mil.

Cut: Carlos Rogers CB
Cut: Jonathan Baldwin WR
Cut: Jonathan Goodwin C
Cut: Craig Dahl S

Let Go: Donte Whitner SS
Let Go: Eric Wright CB
Let Go: Anthony Dixon RB

Trade: LaMichael James RB for conditional Draft Pick in 2015. If he does not want to be here, cut him loose.

(NO PREDICTED TRADES IN DRAFT)

1st) Allen Robinson WR Penn ST. - Even though in this scenario we did resign Boldin, drafting a stud WR will be important with Crabs big deal looming. Not to mention Boldin's age. Robinson is big, fast, long arms, catches the ball well. Can make something out of nothing after the catch. Runs good routes.

2nd) Deone Bucannon SS Wash St. - Big Safety that might take a year to fine tune his game. Is not as 'NFL Ready' as Reid was last year, in my personal opinion. He is rangy and has much better ball skills than Whitner.

2nd) Stanley Jean-Baptiste CB Nebraska - Big physical CB who is rising up draft boards fast. Had a great senior bowl and could benefit from a year behind T-Brock, Cully and T. Brown.

3rd) Weston Richburg C Colorado St. - Might be wishful thinking, but I think that this is a possibility that he falls to us here. Will compete with Kilgore for playing time right away.

3rd) Dri Archer RB/RS Kent St. - I think after the combine Archer will find himself going in the 2nd to 3rd round. He is crazy fast and can fill the hole left by LMJ, and I think he is an upgrade over LMJ anyway. Could even develop to a slot WR. But in the mean time he will be a crazy good return man.

4th) David Fales QB San Jose St. - Could be a good back up QB and maybe develop into a possible trade bait down the road. Does not have the strongest arm or the best size. But has intangibles that make him a competitor.

5th) Aaron Colvin CB Oklahoma - Torn ACL at the senior bowl. He can be a redshirt player for us this year. Could of been a 2nd to 3rd round pick before the injury.

6th) Colt Lyerla TE Oregon - Athletic freak who has off the field concerns. Has top TE potential. Could push the backup TE's we have now for receiving opportunities.

7th) Cody Hoffman WR BYU - Big receiver who was the leading WR in BYU history in all statistical categories. Would of been a 1st-2nd round pick last year if he would of entered the draft. Had a mediocre Sr campaign at best.

7th) Ben Gardner DE Stanford -Provides DL depth. Possible Practice sqd candidate.

7th) Nick Williams SS Georgia -Off the filed issues. Big Safety could develop with time.

What is Fast to you as far as Robinson goes? does He have football speed ? His 40 time that I have seen is around 4.52-4.55 that is ok speed But that is not fast to me,if you talking about 4.45 and down that is fast to me.
How can anyone question a 49ers mock draft that was done by Jim Harbaugh himself
Originally posted by jrouter4949:
What is Fast to you as far as Robinson goes? does He have football speed ? His 40 time that I have seen is around 4.52-4.55 that is ok speed But that is not fast to me,if you talking about 4.45 and down that is fast to me.

Yes football speed. The guy plays fast, and I would say faster than people think. Look at that vid I posted about him. At 00:41 seconds you can see his burst. He gets up to top speed quickly and covers ground.

Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
How can anyone question a 49ers mock draft that was done by Jim Harbaugh himself

Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
Originally posted by jrouter4949:

Yes football speed. The guy plays fast, and I would say faster than people think. Look at that vid I posted about him. At 00:41 seconds you can see his burst. He gets up to top speed quickly and covers ground.

And supposedly he's been clocked as fast as 4.43. Also has a 37 inch vert. Will be interesting what his numbers are at the combine. http://www.h4-entertainment.com/2013/10/is-psus-allen-robinson-the-top-receiver-in-the-nation/
This would be a sweet draft sir, I think Robertson stock though will rise if his combine numbers are 4.4 with that vert, has the production and isn't a quiter.
I am down with the draft and the off season moves. As a point of clarification, Goodwin is a FA so he is simply not re signed.

I also would consider re upping eric wright if they can get him for a 2 or 3 year deal with little guaranteed money.

Love the Fales pick. I also like how you went from position of need being the top picks.

#1 need WR
#2 SS
#3 CB
#4 C
#5 back up qb love it....
I would like to keep Colt Lyerla as far away from Aldon Smith as possible.
Share 49ersWebzone