LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 249 users in the forums

Suggestions for slot receiver?????

Jared Abbrederis. Can play inside, can play outside, can play any depth of the field. Really, there's nothing he can't do. Unbelievable football player
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Originally posted by Raul98:
Originally posted by Tslope90:
De'anthony Thomas

I looked him up and there's already a article on how the Vikings should draft him Norv Turner is a good coordinator he would know how to use him Roman i don't have the same faith in. I really think we need a Tavon Austin type player on this team who can just burn you for yards underneath.
You realize Thomas and Austin are essentially the same type of player. You can throw Dri Archer in this conversation too.

But Thomas played in the best conference out of the 3, and the pac-12 has had a pretty decent history of having quality pros at the skill position (besides USC)
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
Already on the team- Daniel Kilgore

can he play safety?
[ Edited by lucky_49 on Feb 11, 2014 at 6:49 PM ]
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Originally posted by Raul98:
Originally posted by Tslope90:
De'anthony Thomas

I looked him up and there's already a article on how the Vikings should draft him Norv Turner is a good coordinator he would know how to use him Roman i don't have the same faith in. I really think we need a Tavon Austin type player on this team who can just burn you for yards underneath.
You realize Thomas and Austin are essentially the same type of player. You can throw Dri Archer in this conversation too.

But Thomas played in the best conference out of the 3, and the pac-12 has had a pretty decent history of having quality pros at the skill position (besides USC)
What conference a player plays in doesn't hold any merit to me. If a guy can play, he'll be found regardless of where he played. So I don't know why that's been brought up.
a white wr, they are very smart
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
. . . . And I see no reason to draft a slot guy when we have Quinton Patton. He did excellent to me.

Sure, because WRs never get injured. Depth, who needs depth???

I am really starting to like Herron.
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Brandin Cooks

Don't see us drafting a WR in the 1st.

He'll last until the 2nd round. I wish the niners would add that receiver screen at 1:49 into their offense. The whole zone is just dying to see big plays like that. I'd love to see Cooks bulk up and while being our primary return man as well as getting into a few packages.

Odell Beckham Jr. - LSU - 6'0 205 - 4.3 Speed!!!!
[ Edited by horusking on Feb 12, 2014 at 1:17 AM ]

I know this guy isnt a slot wr's but i like this guy on the outside to develop maybe a 3rd rounder.
I tend to agree, they probably won't draft a "pure" slot guy, so to speak. One guy I am intrigued with though, is Brandin Cooks. He put up some ridiculous numbers at Ore St the past two seasons. He's @ 5-10, 185-190, so is on the smallish size, but the dude's a playmaker with a capital "P".
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
I tend to agree, they probably won't draft a "pure" slot guy, so to speak. One guy I am intrigued with though, is Brandin Cooks. He put up some ridiculous numbers at Ore St the past two seasons. He's @ 5-10, 185-190, so is on the smallish size, but the dude's a playmaker with a capital "P".

I'm okay with a non pure slot guy i just want a speed guy not necessarily to stretch the field but that will always be open underneath to be like a security blanket for Kaep and once he catches the ball he can make shifty moves and speed to get a lot of yards after the catch. Since Kaep struggles going threw progressions a player like this underneath he feels comfortable with can help his confidence. Not all of his throw have to be down field like there making him do. I would love to do some check downs once and a while to a speedster who can make a big play by making people miss and burn them with speed.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by horusking:

Odell Beckham Jr. - LSU - 6'0 205 - 4.3 Speed!!!!

Definitely one of my favorite recievers in this draft. But i dont think he looks like a 4.3 player on tape.
Share 49ersWebzone