LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 325 users in the forums

dp

• DeUh
  • Veteran
[ Edited by DeUh on Aug 2, 2014 at 9:18 AM ]
I guess you think we need a wide receiver.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
[ Edited by DeUh on Aug 2, 2014 at 9:09 AM ]
Given that the 49ers don't do well drafting wr, I don't like drafting one with the first two picks. I know you are just trying to show who you want the 49ers to take. As for who you think is realistic they going to take, until free agency dust clears, no one can say. Even then, with Baalke, you still can't say.

However, I get the game of trying to play gm. Still, I'd rather see peoples projections of who they think are the top picks by position that fit the niners m.o. and their needs. This last year we went saftey and after that picked to fill the gaps in the future and not needs specific. I expect a corner this year since we didn't get one last year and went with what we had and f.a., last years cb position is probably this years wr position.
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
mock drafts are a waste until free agency is complete

I agree but its interesting and I think we all agree we enjoy reading other ppls opinions on who they would like to draft and sign to be a niner..tho a lot I read are crazy bc some don't realize we have limited amount of money to spend on free agents bc our core players have to be paid..mostly ppl on other sites tho..like for instance I seen 1 that had us signing Alex Mack..TJ Ward..Emmanuel Sanders..while resigning Terrell Brown and Boldin..lol
Originally posted by jersey49er:
I agree but its interesting and I think we all agree we enjoy reading other ppls opinions on who they would like to draft and sign to be a niner..tho a lot I read are crazy bc some don't realize we have limited amount of money to spend on free agents bc our core players have to be paid..mostly ppl on other sites tho..like for instance I seen 1 that had us signing Alex Mack..TJ Ward..Emmanuel Sanders..while resigning Terrell Brown and Boldin..lol

Get rid of Carlos and use the money to sign Boldin. Draft a stud CB or if something happens package a big deal if watkins or lee slides (like some rumor of something bad). Draft another safetey.

Although whitner should be cheaper than signing Boldin.
Anquan Boldin is a necessity in our offense you don't replace him with two puds IMHO take him away and you'll just set kaepernick back a year. Q will be even better this year.
I'd take our chances with the FO finding pieces to our secondary ( which they have been great at minus Namdi) then letting them try to find WR's (which they have been terrible at) Q was a gift from John remember that. Tj Ward to replace Whitner get Vontae Davis/Walter Thurmond/ Brandon Browner, for cheap and build wr and cb/ss through the draft. Oh and pick up Toby Gerhart for our Bruce Miller replacement Toby is the type of big back seattle has trouble with stopping. P.s bring Blake Costanzo back.
  • Liono
I'd try to keep Boldin for a reasonable price. But I wouldn't invest in two high priced receivers with a QB that only focuses in on one.

As for Rogers, I'd see if he would take a dramatic pay cut. He'd still be decent depth.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
[ Edited by DeUh on Aug 2, 2014 at 9:17 AM ]

• DeUh
  • Veteran
After seeing:

Let Boldin walk, i didnt read further...
Another poster had one of these last week...multiple trades, cuts, etc. I responded to his, point-by-point. I hope this isn't a trend...because I'll stop reading immediately after "cut Boldin". As for yours, other than Whitner & Dawson, the guys you have the Niners signing are inferior to the ones you'd release, IMHO. That's not a viable mock, at least not for me.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
[ Edited by DeUh on Aug 2, 2014 at 9:10 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone