There are 170 users in the forums

Solidg2000 Mock.01

I can't really complain with this mock. I am usually not a fan of projected trades. To me they seem to be a way for the mocker to sway the draft to his favorite players. This draft would be a nice haul in theory.
Good Mock. I especially like the Katherine Webb pick.
Nice mock
Personally I like JV quite a bit. He went up against a lot of great/good receivers and shut most of them down. His size has been concerning some scouts but I think he'd continue to be productive.
I do think k fuller will be around but as a straight football player I think JV is better regardless of his small frame. Look at the honey badger, he's a lol shorter and he was playing really good before the injury ended his season.

Honestly I was going back and forth between the two (ZM vs AJM). In the end I picked AJ because as a back up I would just want him to manage the game and not turn over the ball. And of course I could post a pic of his GF lol. If we bring in another vet to be the back up then he could be stashed away

Colvin is injured and will not play this year, so even if he's the 3rd CB, he won't be ready for a long time. That's why we keep Wright and Cox
Same with Millard, IR for year 1
Originally posted by x--OoO--x:
I can't really complain with this mock. I am usually not a fan of projected trades. To me they seem to be a way for the mocker to sway the draft to his favorite players. This draft would be a nice haul in theory.

I tend to agree, that's why I researched and found this website
http://adamjt13.blogspot.com/2009/04/nfl-draft-pick-trade-history.html?m=1

With that and individual sites that had traded after his research, I attempted to make them as close as history dictates
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
That's a very good mock.
With the 40th Overall pick in the NFL draft, The 49ers Select TCU, CB, JASON VERRETTR

I love the Verrett pick hes been my draft crush so far i think he can be pretty close to a shut down corner hes a play maker and has shut down some good receivers he can be physical to even if he is small every corner we have right now is his size. I would stay put in the 1st round at 30 and get him there and then move up in the 2nd for a WR.
[ Edited by Raul98 on Feb 7, 2014 at 9:33 PM ]
brent musburger is viewing this thread
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
If this was to happen I would walk straight into my flirty coworkers office just to whip out my staff and beat the wet seal all while blooding up the table and then succumbing to exhaustion like Australian marsupial rat. Additionally, making sure to purposely empty out every last bit of my unborn child's sperm DNA up in her leaky itty-bitty foul filthy little hello kitty.

On a sided note Solid. what say you regarding K Fuller instead of JV? Do you not invision K. Fuller being there at that spot. Also, I got a chuckle out of the pic of AJ's GF but am wondering if QB is what you want at that pick wouldn't Zach Mettenberger from LSU be a better pick. As the you folks know I'm a RTR fan and I can tell you first hand that AJ sucks major ass. If you look back at all the Bama QB's of the recent past they were all there to manage the game. Am no intrigued by such prospects. Zach on the other hand has all the qualities one looks for in a QB.

overall the best mock so far on the zone I PERSONALLY like.

WTF?
double post
[ Edited by matt49er on Feb 8, 2014 at 3:45 PM ]

• Garce
  • Veteran
Millard is more the just a FB. He would be the #2 FB on the team but can also be used in many different ways. I like the pick late. If it doesn't pan out then nothing was waisted
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
It's no secret Baalke's not afraid to trade...up or down. Not sure he'd do what you're suggesting, though.

-Verrett. Quick, yes, but he does nothing to get our secondary bigger...not many 175 lb CB's in the league. My pick would be Kyle Fuller, 6 ft 190 . VA Tech has produced quality NFL DB's for years.

- Matthews. He's good, but he really adds another possession receiver to Boldin & Crabtree. I'd like to see Baalke bring some real speed to the receiving corps...Beckham or Cooks would do that.

- Bucannon. Great pick. I think he's one of the most complete S in this draft.

- Richburg. Good C, but with Kilgore & Looney waiting for their opportunity, why use a 3rd rounder to get another one. Snyder can also play the position and Seymour played everywhere on the OL in college. Here's where I'd take McGill or Jean-Baptiste.

- With the 2nd 3rd rounder, you could go DL or a pass rusher.

- Easley. I like the pick. They drafted Carradine to be Justin Smith's heir apparent. Even though we have TJE, Easley's versatility is something to like.

- McCarron. There's been something about Tide QB's that hasn't equated to NFL success (besides Joe Willy Namath). Think I'd go Fales, instead. The fact he played just down the road at San Jose would be a boon for Niner & Spartan fans.

- Hurst. Good redshirt pick. I like it.

- Colvin. Not a bad CB, but you're keeping Wright and this is the 3rd CB in your mock. FWIW, I think they keep Cox vice Wright. Maybe a S?

- Evans. Good late pick. He was solid for UCLA.

- Millard. Like the pick. Not sure Harbaugh can afford to keep 2 FB's, but definitely worth a late rd pick.

- Lyerla. Why not.

It's no secret Baalke's not afraid to trade...up or down. Not sure he'd do what you're suggesting, though.

-Verrett. Quick, yes, but he does nothing to get our secondary bigger...not many 175 lb CB's in the league. My pick would be Kyle Fuller, 6 ft 190+. VA Tech has produced quality NFL DB's for years.

- Matthews. He's good, but he really adds another possession receiver to Boldin & Crabtree. I'd like to see Baalke bring some real speed to the receiving corps...Beckham or Cooks would do that.

- Richburg. Good C, but with Kilgore & Looney waiting for their opportunity, why use a 3rd rounder to get another one. Snyder can also play the position and Seymour played everywhere on the OL in college. Here's where I'd take McGill or Jean-Baptiste.

- Easley. I like the pick. They drafted Carradine to be Justin Smith's heir apparent. Even though we have TJE, Easley's versatility is something to like.

- McCarron. There's been something about Tide QB's that hasn't equated to NFL success (besides Joe Willy Namath). Think I'd go Fales, instead. The fact he played just down the road at San Jose would be a boon for Niner & Spartan fans.

- Colvin. Not a bad CB, but you're keeping Wright and this is the 3rd CB in your mock. FWIW, I think they keep Cox vice Wright. Maybe a S?

- Millard. Like the pick. Not sure Harbaugh can afford to keep 2 FB's, but definitely worth a late rd pick.

- Lyerla. Why not.

Verrett is a solid pick. With Rogers gone we lose our Slot CB which is a tough position to fill. Verret can fill that role in the nickel and compete with Culliver and Jean-Baptiste to start.

We don't know if the 49ers want Kilgore at C or would like an upgrade. If Richburg is seen as an upgrade then why not?

I would pass on McCarron at 97th Unless I could draft his girlfriend too. I would take a speed WR there and draft a QB in the 4th or 5th round.
Originally posted by MC9BEAT:

-Verrett. Quick, yes, but he does nothing to get our secondary bigger...not many 175 lb CB's in the league. My pick would be Kyle Fuller, 6 ft 190 . VA Tech has produced quality NFL DB's for years.

- Lyerla. Why not.

-Verrett. Quick, yes, but he does nothing to get our secondary bigger...not many 175 lb CB's in the league. My pick would be Kyle Fuller, 6 ft 190+. VA Tech has produced quality NFL DB's for years.

- Lyerla. Why not.

Verrett is a solid pick. With Rogers gone we lose our Slot CB which is a tough position to fill. Verret can fill that role in the nickel and compete with Culliver and Jean-Baptiste to start.

We don't know if the 49ers want Kilgore at C or would like an upgrade. If Richburg is seen as an upgrade then why not?

I would pass on McCarron at 97th Unless I could draft his girlfriend too. I would take a speed WR there and draft a QB in the 4th or 5th round.

As stated before, I like McCarron, I think he'll be able to manage the game in case of injury.
I also think Zach Mettenberger could be had here, and if he'd be ready for the first game, he'd be my pick
Share 49ersWebzone