LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 242 users in the forums

HarbaughzDeep Post Super Bowl Mock Offseason

Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
The minute I read Josh Freeman, I almost stopped reading any further. Then a few lines later, I saw Darius Heyward-Bey on your list and I definitely stopped reading.

I went ahead and finished up but I almost stopped too, Sam Shields has speed but he's been suspect since GB won the super bowl. No way on Freeman and DHB. And why are you drafting Jeffcoat? He's never going to see the field
This has to be the worst mock I've seen so far. My goodness.
Some good picks.

Freeman is poison so I disagree there.

DHBey is a better version of Baldwin so no thanks.

Like Shields BUT it will come down to $$$. I'm not sure what that number would be.

I think keeping Cox would be a good move.

Really like Beckham w/the first.

OG Gabe Jackson would be a good replacement for Iupati, talk about playing w/ a mean streak WOW - I think we'll let him tale a hike.

Also like WR Martavis Bryant.

I thin Whitner wil be toooo $$$$$$$ so we'd probably need a S.

Excellent move IR/PUP Colvin CB and Millard FB
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
The minute I read Josh Freeman, I almost stopped reading any further. Then a few lines later, I saw Darius Heyward-Bey on your list and I definitely stopped reading.

Agree 100%. Plus I'd rather keep Cox over Wright.
Only realistic FA signing that I like is bringing back Costanzo. Going to skip the obvious NOs (the head case Freeman and DHB) and go straight to your mock:

I like Beckham, I really do, but it would be a pretty big reach trading up for a WR that is projected to go in the early-mid second round. If we want Beckham, it would be more logical to trade down and pick up a higher pick in the second to get him.

Always shake my head when I see mocks having us take a DE/DL early. Jeffcoat would be depth that barely sees the field next year. Same story with Gabe. We got away with shoring up depth picks last year but I'd much rather pick up players that can make instant impact to our secondary and possibly C.

Sam Shields would be too expensive; you have us losing two CBs but replace them with a rookie CB that has poor man coverage skills/technique and another CB that will be on IR the entire season (love the Colvin pick but would rather take at least two difference making CBs ahead of him that will be ready at the start of the season). That's not improving an already average (at best) secondary.

I like the Trey Millard and Martavis Bryant picks but the rest is pretty disappointing and I'd be underwhelmed if this happened. As posted above, all the ammo and not enough difference makers.

Overall, I don't see how these moves make our team better. And if we want to win the Super Bowl next year we need to be better.
Heward Bey....
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
Only realistic FA signing that I like is bringing back Costanzo. Going to skip the obvious NOs (the head case Freeman and DHB) and go straight to your mock:

I like Beckham, I really do, but it would be a pretty big reach trading up for a WR that is projected to go in the early-mid second round. If we want Beckham, it would be more logical to trade down and pick up a higher pick in the second to get him.

Always shake my head when I see mocks having us take a DE/DL early. Jeffcoat would be depth that barely sees the field next year. Same story with Gabe. We got away with shoring up depth picks last year but I'd much rather pick up players that can make instant impact to our secondary and possibly C.

Sam Shields would be too expensive; you have us losing two CBs but replace them with a rookie CB that has poor man coverage skills/technique and another CB that will be on IR the entire season (love the Colvin pick but would rather take at least two difference making CBs ahead of him that will be ready at the start of the season). That's not improving an already average (at best) secondary.

I like the Trey Millard and Martavis Bryant picks but the rest is pretty disappointing and I'd be underwhelmed if this happened. As posted above, all the ammo and not enough difference makers.

Overall, I don't see how these moves make our team better. And if we want to win the Super Bowl next year we need to be better.
I like the receiver picks but agree with you. Not enough impact. 1 CB who needs to develop and 1 for the pup list. Colvin is fine but we need 2 CB's that can play now. A OLB in round 2. We have the best starters in the NFL, 2 good backups in Lemonier and Skuta and Tank Carradine as well. Wouldn't a top 3-4 DE make more sense? A 2nd Rnd Guard for depth. Even if we let Iupati go we could draft one the following year and we might just resign him. Why not an impact CB in round 2 instead. maybe even a Center depending on what the coaches think of Kilgore.
Share 49ersWebzone