LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 186 users in the forums

Should we Draft a RB

Frank Gore had a Frank Gore type of season this year and it was ok. But for us to pound the ball like we do should we continue being mediocre in the run game. I'm hoping Marcus Lattimore can come back 100 percent and take over and let gore walk, he's 30 already and it's time to pass the torch. I'm not to confidant in Marcus from his injuries and Kendal Hunter is not really producing when he gets the opportunity to play. James, Idk what to say about him, when hunter got hurt James came in and played his but off and know that hunter is back you kick him to the curb and have him as a pr and kr. IN some mock's they have us drafting carlos hyde or ka'deem Carey, even lache seastrunk. Is that a good idea to Draft one of these players in the 3rd round. And should we trade lamachal James or Kendal hunter?
H*LL NO !!!!!!
We need to take a look at a pass catching RB like Charles Sims or Marion Grice. James has obviously not shown the ability in practice to be a reliable option out of the backfield.

Sims or Grice can be had with a late 3rd.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
I like Andre Williams..........dude is a tank!!
Originally posted by jimrat:

Andre Williams is a beast but one of his flaws is he only caught like 2 passes last season. But he can sure run his ass off , you need at least 2 people to bring him down
Originally posted by HarbaughzDeep:
We need to take a look at a pass catching RB like Charles Sims or Marion Grice. James has obviously not shown the ability in practice to be a reliable option out of the backfield.

I agree with a pass catching running back, I also want a running back that is fast and elusive and seastrunk has that quickness with good hannds. I just wanna know should we draft another running back in this draft?
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cgoblin:

Andre Williams is a beast but one of his flaws is he only caught like 2 passes last season. But he can sure run his ass off , you need at least 2 people to bring him down

True but we all know Kaepernick don't check down to backs

True but we all know Kaepernick don't check down to backs

Very true lol you hit it on the money. Kap is outstanding when he's let loose and able to run but as we seen Mike Vick constantly doing that results in fumbles and turn over . My only problem that I have with Kap is before he hikes the ball he pre determine were he's throwing the ball and the wr is not always open. He Rarely throw to his second or third option. I think this year I seen Kap check it down to Bruce Miller 5 or 6 times on a play action but a check down to Frank gore I don't remember not one. He needs to start making better decisions. And he doesn't through the ball deep ever and I mean ever unless it's Vernon but I also understand because Crabtree and Bolden are not very fast or tall but in this draft I'm certain we will get a fast wr to stretch the field.
I like Antonio Andrews in the latter rounds. I'm sure niners will make their decision depending on Frank's contract situation and what they see from Lattimore before the draft and what they've seen from him this year.
Yea , that's true to see how Lattimore does in practice I hope they let Frank gore walk , he's done enough for this team and I raise my hay to him. I also hope Roman gets a hc job and we get another oc

Yea , that's true to see how Lattimore does in practice I hope they let Frank gore walk , he's done enough for this team and I raise my hay to him. I also hope Roman gets a hc job and we get another oc

I'd rather see Frank take a pay cut(hopefully he won't be above that) I want to see him win a ring with this team and the guy has done so much for this franchise and suffered through so many sh*t years I don't want to see him leave without a ring.

As for Roman getting a HC job...it's not happening this year. Hopefully he takes the offseason to learn some things to improve the passing game. If we're lucky he'll improve enough that we win the division, get a bye week - he interviews and gets a HC gig and we win a SB to send him on his way.

Of course hearing that our backup plan was Mangini as the QB coach and Chryst as OC actually scared the crap out of me. I hope Jim has a much better backup plan for the future. I want to see Colin keep getitng better and not go backwards.

We don't need a pass catching running back, we need an offense that throws to the running back.
2006-2010, Frank Gore averaged 50 receptions/season!!!

Kendall Hunter had 1 less reception 16 than Frank Gore his rookie year.

LaMichael James looks like he was born to run a screen pass.

We have the backs, we just don't have an offense that wants to pass to the running backs.
RB's:
Frank Gore
Kendall Hunter
LaMichael James

IR RB: Marcus Lattimore

Practice Squad RB:
Jewel Hampton

The forgotten guy is Jewel Hampton:

If anything, we need a Full Back as Bruce Miller is a 2015 Free agent, which is why I like the idea of drafting the best Full Back in the draft in Trey Millard, he has a torn ACL, but a year of learning while rehabbing will make him more than ready to go in 2015.
Originally posted by genus49:

I'd rather see Frank take a pay cut(hopefully he won't be above that) I want to see him win a ring with this team and the guy has done so much for this franchise and suffered through so many sh*t years I don't want to see him leave without a ring.

As for Roman getting a HC job...it's not happening this year. Hopefully he takes the offseason to learn some things to improve the passing game. If we're lucky he'll improve enough that we win the division, get a bye week - he interviews and gets a HC gig and we win a SB to send him on his way.

Of course hearing that our backup plan was Mangini as the QB coach and Chryst as OC actually scared the crap out of me. I hope Jim has a much better backup plan for the future. I want to see Colin keep getitng better and not go backwards.

He has to take a pay cut in order to stay but in all reality I think he is. He is very loyal to the team and he does deserve a ring. I don't have a problem with Frank abut if the ol don't create the holes, Frank is not going to do anything. He doesn't run with the same attitude that he had a couple off years ago his slowing down. I belive if Frank is still on the team he's going to continue to get his carries and never let Marcus, Hunter, James get a chance to shine and really show what there capable of doing. ROMAN, ugh it's so many bad calls with him idk what to say it's time to get another oc, it don't have to be chryst it could be Gary kubiack for all I care he made Daniel oweans look like a monster just imagine what Vernon would look like. The plays are so old school. He has Vernon , vance, Miller out there and Boldin on the other side the most common thing to do with that formation Is run to the strong side and it's not Fu***** working so why keep doing it. He don't disguise it that's my problem. I want a chip Kelly type of coordinator. You don't know what the he'll the eagles doing on offense everything looks the same.
Originally posted by Garlicboy:

We don't need a pass catching running back, we need an offense that throws to the running back.
2006-2010, Frank Gore averaged 50 receptions/season!!!

Kendall Hunter had 1 less reception 16 than Frank Gore his rookie year.

LaMichael James looks like he was born to run a screen pass.

We have the backs, we just don't have an offense that wants to pass to the running backs.

That's why I say I hope Roman gets a hc job and we get a new coordinator.
Share 49ersWebzone