LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 295 users in the forums

Pierre Desir -- the sleeper cb of 2014?

• xcfan
  • Veteran
remember last year when small-program guy robert alford opened a lot of eyes with his super-athletic package of db skills. it paid off for the falcons. do we have one of those guys this year in pierre desir? the scouts say he was the equal of the wr talent he faced at the senior bowl, and that was his first time competing against blue-chip talent. i don't know about you, but that impresses me when a newbie steps up on the big stage performs like he belongs there. they're saying he's a top-100 guy now. niner pick?

A lot of people raved about him at the senior bowl practice but during the game Jordan Matthews blew right by him for a great catch, looked a little stiff in the hips I'm guessing competition at his level in college want as good I tend to lean towards SJB on the big corners
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
jordan matthews might be our first pick
Originally posted by xcfan:
jordan matthews might be our first pick

This x1000000
if so many people are talking about him this early, and he's already a projected top-100, how is he a sleeper?
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
if so many people are talking about him this early, and he's already a projected top-100, how is he a sleeper?

I think that he has actually been on the radar for the whole season. Well, I have been following his progress all season.

He is not what I would call a sleeper.

Now, Walt Aikens from Liberty is a sleeper. At least, he caught me by surprise.
[ Edited by buck on Jan 28, 2014 at 3:58 PM ]
Will someone please explain to me the fascination with this guy? He is the 14th ranked CB and a borderline top 100 prospect. He dominated at a lower level of competition and has good athleticism for his size, but he could use some serious coaching and development. Someone please try to tell me why this guy is so popular in the Zone........
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Will someone please explain to me the fascination with this guy? He is the 14th ranked CB and a borderline top 100 prospect. He dominated at a lower level of competition and has good athleticism for his size, but he could use some serious coaching and development. Someone please try to tell me why this guy is so popular in the Zone........

Big cornerbacks=much better, because they are big and stuff. People will bash an absolute beast of a playmaker in Joyner but talk up a project like Desir because he's tall.

Cause he'z tall N itz a copy cat league N now we need to be ths seacheatz now
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Big cornerbacks=much better, because they are big and stuff. People will bash an absolute beast of a playmaker in Joyner but talk up a project like Desir because he's tall.

I guess women aren't the only gender that care about size. And Desir must have a big c**k.

• 9moon
  • Veteran
I have our team drafting this guy in the 3rd round..
  • xcfan
  • Veteran

joyner is seabiscuit
Originally posted by xcfan:

joyner is seabiscuit

Joyner is small, he's probably going to be a slot corner. I don't know if he will be big enough to play safety in the NFL. He does have skills, but how they will translate to the pro game kind of worries me. The kid from Michigan State and Oklahoma State look like the real deal.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Dont like to compare players too much but how is Captain Munnerlyn Panthers doing ? 48 solo tackles, 3 sacks, 2 int, 2 intTD, 1 frcd fumble, 12 pass d. Just fine as far as i´m concerned !
Munnerlyn 5´8 195
Joyner 5´8 195

Desir is non existent in run defense. Dont see the fit in Fangios D.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
DRAFT THIS MAN
Share 49ersWebzone