There are 190 users in the forums

George Atkinson

• xcfan
  • Veteran
after watching this guy in high school and college, i'm sure he's athletic enough to make many plays at the nfl level. the question is, where should he play?
early on, i thought he was suited to be a safety. but, he seems to be an offensive-minded player; wants to be a running back/returner.
i still think he could've been a good safety, had he had that mindset.
i don't see him making it at rb in the nfl. he just doesn't have much "it" factor between the tackles. in addition to being a good nfl returner, i do see him developing as a wr if works at it. i could see him as a starter a few years down the road.
niners 5th-7th round pick?
what ya think of him?
George Atkinson playing for the 49ers...wouldn't that be something lol. I'd try him as a returner, but considering that's about all he could do, I'd say a 7th round pick at best, but I prefer the UDFA route.
I was just researching "Swiss Army Knife" type players. Could Atkinson fit that role?

Coming out of college, Walker was 6'1" 240, 4.41 40

Atkinson
6'1", 220
4.38-4.48 40

The Niners are likely going to lose Dixon. Atkinson looks pretty versatile on offense; running, KR. His yards/catch were pretty good, but probably can he run routes?

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/profile.php?pyid=119435

Saw action in all 12 games with four starts at running back ... also served as Notre Dame's top kick returner ... ranked second on the team with 93 carries and 555 rushing yards ... tied Cam McDaniel for the team lead in rushing TDs (three) ... led team with 6.0 yards-per-rush average ... also caught seven passes for 51 yards ... returned 31 kickoffs for 780 yards ... averaged 25.2 yards per kickoff return to rank 25th in the nation ... his schoolrecord 2,136 career kickoff return yards ranks ninth nationally and second amongst juniors ... had a season-high 139 kickoff return yards in the regular season finale at Stanford (Nov. 30) ... had 131 all-purpose yards at Pittsburgh (Nov. 9), including a 41-yard kick return ... season-high 187 all-purpose yard sum against Navy (Nov. 2) included a 41-yard touchdown run and 113 kick return yards ... had a career-high 148 rushing yards on 14 carries with a touchdown against Oklahoma (Sept. 28) including an 80-yard touchdown run, Notre Dame's longest scamper since Oct. 21, 2000 ... racked up 119 kick return yards, and 157 overall, in the win at Purdue (Sept. 14).
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
i've seen him enough in person to tell he has nfl talent. he just needs to find the right spot.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
it's gonna be a big waste if george doesn't move to wr or safety.
Share 49ersWebzone