LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 426 users in the forums

ABs 1st Post NFC Title Game Mock Offseason

What would be the pros and cons of getting Yankey instead of Gilbert for our first round pick? It begs the question of whether Looney is a quality guard and can realistically be a starter in our oline? It also brings up the question that someone else asked if A. Davis could be moved into the guard spot and would either of our PS tackles be a starter? Yankey would seeminly settle the guard question, we still have the Center question of whether Kilgore could realistically start over Goodwin. So the CB question is a lesser issue in my mind over the Oline and WR receiver questions. Would appreciate your feedback regarding Yankey versus Jackson in your draft.
AB81Rules......Thank you very much as I hope you realize how valued you are to us of the Webzone. I for one am much appreciative to have someone provide a perfect insight to where we may be going as a team !!!!!
Originally posted by lamontb:
Yea really not much difference between Whitner and Goldson to me. Both big hitters who suck in coverage. Whitenr looked better this year in coverage but a lot of that was Fangio always playing them deep and having the linebackers always cover tight ends and backs. Thus why Fangio can't bltiz them as much b/c they have to be in coverage. Whitner had an overall good season, but i'd much rather give that money to Brown than Whitner.
Given the deepness of this year's draftclass whereas the safety-class is thin, I disagree completely.

Though, it is way too general to talk about yes or no without knowing the amount of money. If we assume that Whitner's contract will correspond to AB's proposition, I would be absolutely happy because Whitner were totally cap-friendly the first two years. At the same time, we groom his successor and cut or trade Whitner after year 2.
PERFECT.
[ Edited by communist on Jan 22, 2014 at 1:37 PM ]
Also, what could we get if we wanted to ship out Anthony Davis? I'd like a better RT truth be told...WR/CB/RT/C/SS/TE are all areas that could be improved upon somehow/someway
Why should we open up another hole if we have already many of them?
Originally posted by GameOver:
Also, what could we get if we wanted to ship out Anthony Davis? I'd like a better RT truth be told...WR/CB/RT/C/SS/TE are all areas that could be improved upon somehow/someway

We just signed him to a new deal A.Davis aint goin no where ...
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:

Yep, and a lot of dead money hits.

Why would Anthony Davis be traded anyway GO?
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

We have to trade Davis AB81 u got us payin Dawson 3+ million lol ... I just hate payin kickers that kinda money(even on madden lol)...Any good rookie kickers N yes i would take a play a rookie N use tha savings on our players...

We have to trade Davis AB81 u got us payin Dawson 3+ million lol ... I just hate payin kickers that kinda money(even on madden lol)...Any good rookie kickers N yes i would take a play a rookie N use tha savings on our players...

A veteran kicker is going to be key for close games in Seattle, and in the bad weather in the playoffs. That's the thing about the NFL, you have to build teams for specific situations. I remember at the beginning of the season everyone flipped out that we kept so many roster spots for special teams players. But that turned out to be the right move. In Madden, that doesn't matter as much, so keep that in mind. This isn't Madden, it's the NFL
Always love the insight. couple of things though.

Would you rather get bucannon or resign whiter? (If it happens) I don't see the niners (fangio) spending a high pick and not playing that player on the D.

No multiple picks at wr and where's da speed? Even if the niners ended up having the grouping, it's still lacking a burner.

Idk, I wonder how beneficial it would be long term to keep iupati. He's a great run blocker, meh with the pass pro. How feasible is it to move boone over to LG then seeing if one of he young guys or draftee can step in at RG? I wouldn't be mad if they traded him. Idk how much the injury would effect potential value.
[ Edited by Allx9er on Jan 22, 2014 at 9:25 PM ]

• Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
AB this is semi off topic, but what kind of salary do you think Kap commands? What do you think are realistic numbers, or what would you do if that's an easier question
Originally posted by Janitor:
AB this is semi off topic, but what kind of salary do you think Kap commands? What do you think are realistic numbers, or what would you do if that's an easier question

My gut says $100M over 5 years, which is $20M a year. But problem is, he isn't consistent yet. He needs to work on stuff, can't make bad mistakes, it's fine if it's 1 a game, or everyother game, but not 3 times in the NFC Champ game.

My hope is he is reasonable and takes like $65M over 4 years, which is average of $16.25M a yr. If so, I am fine with it. But there need to be an easy out after 2 years. Cause if he completely busts out, then we are screwed, I hope they dont give him a huge bonus, or just guaranteed base salaries is better IMO.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews

My gut says $100M over 5 years, which is $20M a year. But problem is, he isn't consistent yet. He needs to work on stuff, can't make bad mistakes, it's fine if it's 1 a game, or everyother game, but not 3 times in the NFC Champ game.

My hope is he is reasonable and takes like $65M over 4 years, which is average of $16.25M a yr. If so, I am fine with it. But there need to be an easy out after 2 years. Cause if he completely busts out, then we are screwed, I hope they dont give him a huge bonus, or just guaranteed base salaries is better IMO.

Thanks man
[ Edited by Janitor on Jan 23, 2014 at 8:06 AM ]

I'm really hoping for the deal Aaron Rogers originally got (of course a little more since it will be 2015). A nice 4 year deal, somewhere between 12 to 16 million a year, giving the team an opt out clause after 2 as you said. If Kaep really turns it on over the next two seasons, then they can extend him and he can join the 18 million and above club. It also will give us some time to allow the salary cap to bump up a bit. In the next two seasons, I can't think of any other QBs that would potentially drive the market for a QB higher with the exception of Cam Newton and Andrew Luck, so maybe by 2016 or 2017 the QB deals will become a little more reasonable.
[ Edited by LifelongNiner on Jan 23, 2014 at 8:58 AM ]
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

I'm really hoping for the deal Aaron Rogers originally got (of course a little more since it will be 2015). A nice 4 year deal, somewhere between 12 to 16 million a year, giving the team an opt out clause after 2 as you said. If Kaep really turns it on over the next two seasons, then they can extend him and he can join the 18 million and above club. It also will give us some time to allow the salary cap to bump up a bit. In the next two seasons, I can't think of any other QBs that would potentially drive the market for a QB higher with the exception of Cam Newton and Andrew Luck, so maybe by 2016 or 2017 the QB deals will become a little more reasonable.

Yeah I agree. I am praying a similar deal to Rodgers. $16.25M APY is fair value. With easy out after 2 seasons. It would be 4 seasons extra after 2014, so through 2018.

And yeah Cam is probably the next QB in line for a big extension. Then Luck after 2014. maybe RG3 if he comes back 100%. Then none until This years crop of draft eligible prospects.
Share 49ersWebzone