There are 249 users in the forums

Drafting injured players

Next year we will have Tank Carradine and Marcus Lattimore in camp ...to me it's like having 2 extra 1st round picks , those guys would have been drafted higher if it werent for their injuries, we were able to take a chance on these guys being we already had a stocked roster and basically only a couple holes to fill ...

do you think we will take an injured player with lots of potential with one of our mid round picks? ...we have the luxury of waiting it out , low risk, HUGE payoff
Yes because we can't trade all the picks, use all the picks and every player we pick won't make the team. Too many good players already on the squad.

IMO, it makes good sense if the opportunity is there to take a guy like Easly DE or another and have them sit for a year. Then come in as some other players leave for more $, age or retire.
Aaron Murray would be my pick. late 4th or 5th rd.
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:
Aaron Murray would be my pick. late 4th or 5th rd.

Dominique Easley! This guy will be a beast after recovery.
Other benefits are that it gives us opportunities to:

A). get a highly rated player which we'd never have a chance of getting because of our record

B). have them sit and LEARN our systems with out pressure for a year

C). take time to completely heal

D). enable us to still take quality picks with our top 2 selections.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

A). get a highly rated player which we'd never have a chance of getting because of our record

Agree. It has enabled the team to use picks wisely when you have a few extra picks to use up, but also good depth on your team too.
Not sure Lattimore would've been a 1st round pick this year, but the point is well taken.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Not sure Lattimore would've been a 1st round pick this year, but the point is well taken.

If Trent Richardson got into the first (top 5) at that, I think Marcus Lattimore would have as well. Especially with the year Eddie Lacy had (2nd round pick who probably would be drafted in the first round if it was redone).

With that said, I would love to get Dominique Easley and Aaron Murray. I picked both in my mock. I'm hoping Easley doesn't go as early as some are calling it (end of the 2nd round/top of the third). Seems like a good spot too because the teams at the end of the 2nd round are the ones most likely to be able to afford to let him sit a year.
Originally posted by genz22:
Dominique Easley! This guy will be a beast after recovery.

This please. It may cost a second though cause this guy's an animal.
Him + Tank = 8=============D

Easley, Murray would be wise investments especially with Cowboy nearing the end of his career and other contracts coming up.
I wouldn't mind getting Easley to stash for the next season like Tank this year.
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
I'm hoping for Easley and Trey Millard from Oklahoma.
Easley and Tank Carradine! That would be amazing!
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Not to mention if that person starts the season on the PUP list, it gives us the opportunity to keep another player on the 53. Our roster has been so stacked that we have had to release some pretty damn good players.
Share 49ersWebzone