There are 225 users in the forums

No Love for Christian Bryant?

I notice i seem to be the only guy talking about this kid. I know he had the injury, But he could be a steal in the late rounds, surely i cant be the only guy that likes this kid? From CB, to FS, but i could see hims transitioning to SS in the NFL.

He looks good to me
No, none, whatsoever.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
No, none, whatsoever.

Haters, haters alla round me!
No luv for who ??? Lol
Could he be a Donte Whitner type? Looking at him he loves to hit and can play the run. His stats show he can get a lot of tackles like Whitner has but maybe won't be that 3-4 int a year guy but that guy who can get 80-100 tackles a year and 1-2 ints. How his his coverage? He's got a good amount of PD's but not the int numbers. Ideally in today's NFL you want a SS who can cover first but still play the run and not be afraid to tackle. Without seeing more film on coverage my snap judgement would be Whitner type. Where is he slated to go? Could be someone you get in the 4th-6th round since he is coming off an injury and if we re-sign Whitner for a year or 2. Like Phoenix said with Sean Parker.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Dec 18, 2013 at 7:47 AM ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Could he be a Donte Whitner type? Looking at him he loves to hit and can play the run. His stats show he can get a lot of tackles like Whitner has but maybe won't be that 3-4 int a year guy but that guy who can get 80-100 tackles a year and 1-2 ints. How his his coverage? He's got a good amount of PD's but not the int numbers. Ideally in today's NFL you want a SS who can cover first but still play the run and not be afraid to tackle. Without seeing more film on coverage my snap judgement would be Whitner type. Where is he slated to go? Could be someone you get in the 4th-6th round since he is coming off an injury and if we re-sign Whitner for a year or 2. Like Phoenix said with Sean Parker.

Right now he looks to go somewhere after the 4th round. Likely 5th-7th likely will depend on how he has rehabbed come draft time.

Whitner is probably a good comparison. High character kid with a great motor and great leadership skills. He was a coaches favorite, Good athlete, Solid hitter and tackler, not shy of contact. Great in the box and can harrass the QB and get to RB's at the LOS. Good range. His ball skills need work, but he has solid technique in coverage and good speed. Started at CB then moved to FS because of holes. I see him as a SS in the NFL. I would say he has better range than Whitner, and probably slightly better in coverage, but their ball skills are similar.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Right now he looks to go somewhere after the 4th round. Likely 5th-7th likely will depend on how he has rehabbed come draft time.

Whitner is probably a good comparison. High character kid with a great motor and great leadership skills. He was a coaches favorite, Good athlete, Solid hitter and tackler, not shy of contact. Great in the box and can harrass the QB and get to RB's at the LOS. Good range. His ball skills need work, but he has solid technique in coverage and good speed. Started at CB then moved to FS because of holes. I see him as a SS in the NFL. I would say he has better range than Whitner, and probably slightly better in coverage, but their ball skills are similar.

Because of his injury could be a nice guy to take mid rounds if we re-sign Whitner for a year or 2. Give a guy like him or Sean Parker, etc time to develop. That or if Whitner doesn't re-sign wouldn't hurt to double dip at SS and let the best man win. So guy in the 2nd and guy in the 4th-5th.
Share 49ersWebzone