LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 197 users in the forums

Who's gonna wind up with Teddy Bridgewater?

Who's gonna wind up with Teddy Bridgewater?

He looks like he's gonna be the #1 pick, who's gonna tank it for Teddy?
Houston. This is really a no-brainer for Houston. I was watching the Texans/Jags game. Houston put Schaub in after Keenum threw a pick and was 2/12 on 2rd. He proceeded to throw a pick on his 2nd play in. Draft Bridgewater and let him compete with Keenum.
Houston or Minnesota.
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=10086866&ex_cid=espnapi_public

Beautiful play from the game last night. I mean his footwork is the best in the country, and that throw is so tough.
[ Edited by eonblue on Dec 6, 2013 at 12:33 AM ]
Why are the 49ers even on the list of options. Even if we wanted to take a QB (which we wont) there is no way we will pick high enough to pick Teddy.
Texans must be very stupid if they avoid him.
schaub is not the answer, keenum???
If Houston ends up with Bridgewater, I'm going to be pissed, they are truly one good QB away from being a very scary team.
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
Why are the 49ers even on the list of options. Even if we wanted to take a QB (which we wont) there is no way we will pick high enough to pick Teddy.

we're gonna pull a mike Ditka and trade our entire draft
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Houston obviously. They all but locked up the #1 last night. Only reason I could see them not talking Teddy is because every other QB needy team is in a log jam from 3-12 so maybe they'd consider an epic trade back to acquire a ton of picks and completely revamp their roster, which they need to do on defense and WR.

On a serious note, if the Texans pass on Teddy or even still take him I can see a very real possibility that Washington recoups all of their RG3 traded picks by dropping back a few spots and picking up a WR, OL, or DL/LB type.
Originally posted by sfout:
Houston obviously. They all but locked up the #1 last night. Only reason I could see them not talking Teddy is because every other QB needy team is in a log jam from 3-12 so maybe they'd consider an epic trade back to acquire a ton of picks and completely revamp their roster, which they need to do on defense and WR.

On a serious note, if the Texans pass on Teddy or even still take him I can see a very real possibility that Washington recoups all of their RG3 traded picks by dropping back a few spots and picking up a WR, OL, or DL/LB type.

yeah, but the skins pick belongs to the Rams but nevertheless, they coul try the same strategy you described for washington, trade back for another second rounder and try to redo their secondary and their Oline.

From my perspective, with the qb position, the more competition there is the better off a team will be. One can never know, there still could be the next Joe Montana out there, if a franchises door is closed to that possibility, that will never happen, at least in my two cents on a science level. I look at teams off-season training camps and try outs and why can a team not have hundreds of players auditioning/trying out for different positions. Shouldn't the door always remain open to individuals, no matter where they come from, to be able to make a team better? I would love to have a non-drafted person take hold of the league and start to devastate at any position on my team, I believe stories like that only make the league richer, content wise. I would love for the league to also explore the benefits of expanding coaching positions to the female population. As long as one can properly analyze and breakdown the weaknesses of the other team and implemented strategies on the current team, play calling, adjusting the focus of the team during the game, just for a deeper thought kind of question, does it matter what the gender is of the person that is coaching a team as well, relating to the topic of competition and finding the resources to win?
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
If Houston ends up with Bridgewater, I'm going to be pissed, they are truly one good QB away from being a very scary team.

I think its almost a given now that Houston will get the first pick and it would be hard to imagine them not selecting Bridgewater.
Originally posted by sfout:
QB>>>>>>everything.

Furthermore, imo their defense IS good enough ovr. It's just if you are on a losing streak, everyone will look s**tty. O-Line is solid as well. QB and WR are their biggest needs and they are sitting in a very good position to fill these needs.
It looks like Houston - unless someone makes them an offer they can't refuse [sorry I didn't have any Godfather pics]

That will probably be the big drama of this year's draft on ESPN.

They need more than a QB, IMO. I wonder what would it take to get that pick?
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AlmighT49er:
yeah, but the skins pick belongs to the Rams but nevertheless, they coul try the same strategy you described for washington, trade back for another second rounder and try to redo their secondary and their Oline.

oh yeah. see I already forgot about that cause STL robbed them lol
Share 49ersWebzone