There are 266 users in the forums

Jaelen Strong - WR, Arizona State

Don't like him at all. Drops so many easy catches it makes my head hurt. Imagine him trying to catch a Kaepernick fastball.

NO THANKS.
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
Don't like him at all. Drops so many easy catches it makes my head hurt. Imagine him trying to catch a Kaepernick fastball.

NO THANKS.

lol
My sense is Baalke will draft a CB or DL with the first pick...he's come out and said CB depth is a priority. So is DL, whether Justin Smith retires or not. So is WR, but I just don't see him taking one in the 1st rd. Call it a hangover from 2012 or whatever, pretty sure he'd rather go defense in 1st rd and WR in 2nd. Devin Smith would be a great pick in 2nd, just as an example. All that said, I agree Strong has all the makings of a very good pro WR...just don't think Baalke will bite on a WR that early.
Pretty good read here.

http://nflspinzone.com/2014/05/18/2015-nfl-draft-film-room-early-look-jaelen-strong/
Keenan Allen 2.0?
[ Edited by NinerSickness on Feb 17, 2015 at 10:28 PM ]
Measured at 6'2" NOT 6'4"
Originally posted by 49er_Rider:
Measured at 6'2" NOT 6'4"

He was listed at 6'3 so that's not a big shocker but certainly hurts him.
42 inch vertical jump and a 4.44 40. He had a good day today
Originally posted by jordanroberts88:

This. Faster than was expected, the athleticism from out on the football field was certainly evident in drills today. Dude made money.

That's an incredible day for him. The 4.44 time is unofficial, but even a 4.5 would be good. He wasn't thought to be a very good athlete, but has good hands and competes for the ball.

Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:

That's an incredible day for him. The 4.44 time is unofficial, but even a 4.5 would be good. He wasn't thought to be a very good athlete, but has good hands and competes for the ball.

very impressive
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:

Perfect jump ball receiver. You can see the former basketball player in him, he really attacks the ball in the air and even if you didn't watch him at all in college, his vertical is proof of his outstanding leaping ability. He could be a monster as a red zone weapon, just throw it up and let him go get it.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Jaelen autocorrects to "Jean". Field of Jeans. It's meant to be.
I'd be one happy camper if we can get Jaelen Strong or DGB then draft Phillip Dorsett letter in the draft..
Originally posted by genus49:
He was listed at 6'3 so that's not a big shocker but certainly hurts him.
An inch less won't hurt him that much.
Share 49ersWebzone