There are 179 users in the forums

Jeff Janis- WR/HB SVSU

Here is a small school kid i really like. Could see him make the transition to HB in the NFL. (im a bit obsessed with finding an HB to fill delanies roll right now, not exactly sure why but why not i guess?)

Late round/UDFA prospect.

6-3 218. Had a 331 yard, 15 reception, 4 TD game against Hillsdale two weeks ago. Has put up real solid numbers the last two seasons. Good athlete. Played basketball and football in high school. Had 100+ receptions last season.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=94124&draftyear=2014&genpos=WR

http://www.mlive.com/cardinals/index.ssf/2013/10/svsu_notebook_defenses_playing.html

http://www.mlive.com/cardinals/index.ssf/2013/08/season_preview_jon_jennings_an.html

http://www.mlive.com/sports/bay-city/index.ssf/2013/04/tawas_area_alum_jeff_janis_rea.html

[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Nov 4, 2013 at 2:18 AM ]
  • buck
  • Veteran
This kid is also fast--very fast.

He should be invited to the both the Senior Bowl and the combine.

He still has a couple of games to play, but in 40 games he has 220 receptions for 3,878 yards.
He is projected to run a mid-low 4.4.
Exactly a gem worth drafting late! I wouldn't let him go undrafted and choose a team, easily worth a 7th, we got like 10 of um anyways lol
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
He is projected to run a mid-low 4.4.

If he gets into a good draft training program, he might run the 40 below 4.40.

Rumors are that he run a 4.3 something as a junior.

He's 6-foot-3, 210 pounds and ran in the 4.3's at his junior pro day.

http://nflsfuture.com/2013/08/28/2014-nfl-draft-thirty-small-school-prospects-watch/7/#bZXBQ7XfWQ2ZsZzU.99

Seems more like a big fast receiver. He definitely would be competition for Jon Baldwin next season. I see him doing that before I see him playing the Delanie Walker role unless he puts on more weight.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Seems more like a big fast receiver. He definitely would be competition for Jon Baldwin next season. I see him doing that before I see him playing the Delanie Walker role unless he puts on more weight.

Why do we need someone to do Delanies old job when Vance is doing great? Vance has been incredible blocking this year, it's on the coaches to get him involved in the passing game. All that said, we need to draft at least 1-2 receivers in the 2014 draft. Early round receivers hopefully, let's hope Baalke does not wait until the 4th round to start thinking WR. That said, I'd love for them to give this dude a chance, could be our Jordy Nelson. Gotta give love to the white receivers, they are a rare breed.
[ Edited by K1ngCoopa24 on Nov 5, 2013 at 4:48 PM ]
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

He is listed at 218 currently, and likely weighs ore than that now. Walker is listed slightly under 250. I could easily see Janis being able to bulk up if thats what is asked of him.

Janis has been very successful coming out of the backfield and running similar routes to what we used with delanie. Im not saying he has to fit that mold perfectly, but he can do a lot of different things with his size and skill set that most WR/TE cant do. He is a bit of a swiss army knife.
I think a guy you should look into is Trey Millard. The ultimate Swiss Army knife. 6'2 250, I've seen him line up all over the place. Good short yardage back, lead blocker and good hands. Just recently tore his acl so we should be able to get him around 5-6th rd. Was projected to be a 3-4th pick before injury
  • buck
  • Veteran
Janis would be a solid mid round pick(4th or 5th round pick). I would package some of our 7th round picks to move up and get him.

But, I tend to like small school players.

I think Janis plays wide receiver, and wide receiver only, in the NFL .

The more I research this guy, the more I like him. His low 40 time is 4.32, that's good speed for a guy his size. I hope we pick him up in the 4th
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by K1ngCoopa24:
The more I research this guy, the more I like him. His low 40 time is 4.32, that's good speed for a guy his size. I hope we pick him up in the 4th

I believe that that is a low estimated time

We have to see what he runs at the combine, assuming that he is invited to the combine.

But, there is no doubt the man is fast.
Originally posted by buck:

I believe that that is a low estimated time

We have to see what he runs at the combine, assuming that he is invited to the combine.

But, there is no doubt the man is fast.

Good hands also, goes up and competes for jump balls. If he isnt invited to the combine, I'm sure he will have a pro day. Lead the nation with 1632 yards last season, and had 15 catches for 330 yards on 10/30/13.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Good hands also, goes up and competes for jump balls. If he isnt invited to the combine, I'm sure he will have a pro day. Lead the nation with 1632 yards last season, and had 15 catches for 330 yards on 10/30/13.

Making bets on the internet does not mean much, but I would be willing to bet that Janis gets invited to both the Senior Bowl and the combine.

Wont run that. I think he will end up in the low 4.4's
Share 49ersWebzone