There are 211 users in the forums

JC Copeland-FB-LSU

I know...I know....I know, Bruce Miller. I just figured I'd make the thread. Copeland is another LSU player and one of my favorites. You want to talk about a throwback, punch you in the mouth type of guy, Copeland is a throwback. He's a massive 275 pound fullback that is an outstanding blocker, plays with an incredible chip on his shoulder, lives to hit and is still able to run and catch as well. He's a true monster and a guy who might be worth a flyer with a late round pick, just a very nasty, hard-hitting guy who plays with a crazy motor.

I do not know why but I have always been a huge fan and hold a crush on the calssic blue collar FB position. This guy is so big, athletic, and has the motor. He looks to fit our scheme very well.
As long as he doesn't go to SEA, STL, or ARI it's all good. Can you imagine him blocking for Marshawn Lynch?
We have plenty of 7th round picks - why not?
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
We have plenty of 7th round picks - why not?

I doubt he falls to the 7th, looking at him as a mid 6th round pick at worst right now. In the 7th however you could possibly get another guy I like, Jay Prosch from Auburn, massive-bulldozing blocker type, he's 6'0", 258 pounds and doesn't appear to have an ounce of fat on him whatsoever, just a ridiculous lead blocker type, also plays special teams well.

20. Jay Prosch, Auburn, FB: A holdover from last year's Freaks list, the 6-0, 256-pound fullback is actually quite lean, according to Tiger strength coach Ryan Russell, who says Prosch has just 5.9 percent body fat. Prosch also has good speed for a fullback, having clocked a 4.59 40. "Jay is the ultimate guy to have in a strength program. He's highly self-motivated and a great positive motivator to his teammates," said Russell. "I've never seen anybody else quite like him."

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/story/22278381/freaks-list-the-20-craziest-athletes-in-college-football
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Oct 25, 2013 at 12:51 PM ]
I like him. Another option, that i have us taking in the 7th, and a guy that i think could fill that HB role Delanie left behind is Gator Hoskins out of Marshall.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
He'd be a great replacement for Anthony Dixon - a guy I expect to walk in the offseason to a starting/#2 opportunity.

If Copeland is selected, they might have him slim down a bit to gain additional speed for special teams duty. He'd also provide security if Bruce Miller's contract demands are too high.
Not a bad idea since the Niners are one of the only teams in the NFL that still uses a FB. Another SAK for Roman and Harbaugh to play with.
I think if he got down to around 260 he'd be good to go for the NFL. The nice thing about him is that he truly relishes contact, loves to run defenders over, knock them completely out of the play, he plays with very bad intentions.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Oct 29, 2013 at 5:39 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I think if he got down to around 260 he'd be good to go for the NFL. The nice thing about him is that he truly relishes contact, loves to run defenders over, knock them completely out of the play, he plays with very bad intentions.

Resigning Miller should be a priority, but the Niners could always use a backup. Gotta check this kid out the next time LSU is on TV.

Even more on the bandwagon of the 49ers drafting this guy.
Wouldn't mind Copeland as our backup FB, and the Dixon ST role. Also like Trey Millard, and Jay Prosch.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Wouldn't mind Copeland as our backup FB, and the Dixon ST role. Also like Trey Millard, and Jay Prosch.

Jay Prosch is fierce, I think he leapfrogged over every other FB now that Millard tore his ACL. Prosch is an absolute athletic freak and already shows NFL quality run blocking skills. I'd take any of those guys, Copeland, Millard or Prosch. I do think Prosch can be a monster on special teams as well, expecting him to have a very good Combine and put up some big numbers.
Jay Prosch-> 6'0", 260.

[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Dec 16, 2013 at 8:30 PM ]
Looks like Moran Norris
Share 49ersWebzone