There are 168 users in the forums

Idaho's Premature 2014 Mock Draft.

Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Also, how badass of a name is Gator Hoskins? I want to draft him for his name alone. This is a guy i could see truly filling that role Delanie Walker left behind.

I love the name, haven't checked him out. Like when we drafted Daniel KILGORE, loved the name, never seen him play. Love the guy, Center of the Future right now.

And in before Tadwolf says "Why a midget CB?" Even though some of the best DBs, are 5'11 and under.

Aawww AB u was thinkin of me come on man everyone knows tha CB is tha midget position so its ok ..
Dont watch alot college ball so i dont know alot of names on here yet but i like tha positions u taken just not sure why a QB so earlier ...id like us to draft 2 WRs N 2 CBs within our first 5 picks...
Well as we all know our S positions are very much interchangable, and i feel both reid and joyner could play either spot, but yes if you had to put a label on it, i would move Reid to SS. I also like the idea of developing Bryant and bringing him in as a thumper in short yardage and goal line situations.

Personally with our front seven what it is, i feel adding even more coverage ability to the secondary would be a bonus. Reid can make all the plays whitner or goldson make at the LOS, he is just not as solid of a thumper as they are.

I find the "SS" class this year to be less than appealing.

I think he's more of a coverage safety, in terms of his size compared to Whitner you're losing about 2 inches in height and roughly about 18-20 pounds of bodyweight. The main issue with his height is that it can impose some limitations on the defense the way Mathieu has done for Arizona. For all the good things Mathieu has done, he can't cover tight-ends, meaning the responsibility goes to Bell who is rather mediocre in coverage, explaining why every tight-end has essentially had a field day against the Cardinals this season.

AB and Eon have made some good points about drafting a guy like Loston out of LSU, and while I'd still love to have two guys who excel in coverage, they've made their case well. I think Joyner's draft stock could rise further if Mathieu continues to have success in Arizona but having watched them(Cardinals) quite a bit, he does set some limitations with his height when it comes to their defense.

I think skill-wise, Joyner offers the most potential behind Clinton-Dix, were he about 6 feet, he'd be looked at as a top 25 pick so it's an interesting gamble on a highly talented player.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Oct 19, 2013 at 2:21 PM ]
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Also, how badass of a name is Gator Hoskins? I want to draft him for his name alone. This is a guy i could see truly filling that role Delanie Walker left behind.

I love the name, haven't checked him out. Like when we drafted Daniel KILGORE, loved the name, never seen him play. Love the guy, Center of the Future right now.

And in before Tadwolf says "Why a midget CB?" Even though some of the best DBs, are 5'11 and under.

Aawww AB u was thinkin of me come on man everyone knows tha CB is tha midget position so its ok ..
Dont watch alot college ball so i dont know alot of names on here yet but i like tha positions u taken just not sure why a QB so earlier ...id like us to draft 2 WRs N 2 CBs within our first 5 picks...

For me personally backup QB is very important. Not to mention Kap will be in a contract year next season, and we have nobody behind him. The way our offense is, it is possible for a backup QB to come in and win games.

Personally i would like to solidify the backup QB with a guy that could compete day one, and not have to have his hand held for 4 years before he can complete an NFL pass.

Carr would also push kap, and im not saying he would be an upgrade to kap, but competition is always good. Not to mention, you develop a guy like Derek carr for a couple of years, and you have potential first round trade bait.

Personaly in our situation, i would rather just address the QB position early and be done with it.
Share 49ersWebzone