LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 266 users in the forums

Davante Adams WR Fresno ST

8 rec, 221 yards, 4 TD's, 27.6 average on the night. Baller. Had a 75 yard reception first play of the game.
60 catches 717 yards and 11 TD's thru 6 games
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

Oh believe me I know... He is on my fantasy squad in our Webzone league. This guy rips it up for me.
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:

Oh believe me I know... He is on my fantasy squad in our Webzone league. This guy rips it up for me.

I'm sure, he is Carr's favorite target and they throw it a stupid amount of times a game
12 receptions 87 yards and 2 td

Gives him 13 td on the season.

Fresno state had a tough time against SDSU defense, but Adams remains an absolutely dominate target in the RZ. He made some really good catches tonight.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

Fresno state had a tough time against SDSU defense, but Adams remains an absolutely dominate target in the RZ. He made some really good catches tonight.

They finally faced a team that could contain their style of play not to mention Carr was horrendous early on. However when they were down they fed Adams the ball which they need to all day long

They finally faced a team that could contain their style of play not to mention Carr was horrendous early on. However when they were down they fed Adams the ball which they need to all day long

Yea, they were getting to Carr, and for awhile FS had no answer to that defense. Adams was the real bright spot in that game. Guy is simply a RZ TD monster. You cannot stop this guy in the RZ. Not happening.

Yea, they were getting to Carr, and for awhile FS had no answer to that defense. Adams was the real bright spot in that game. Guy is simply a RZ TD monster. You cannot stop this guy in the RZ. Not happening.

completely agree
Uh Oh. I feel compelled to step into this thread before you two make a serious mistake.

As a graduate of Fresno State University (class of '88), please let me inform you of this: Never, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER come under the mistaken impression that a Fresno State player is the next "big thing." Don't do it, kids. Don't go there. Don't go thinking that Davante Adams has "what it takes." I mean, he might, but consider this. Please, hear me out.

The NFL landscape is LITTERED with former Bulldogs who were touted as "the next great thing." LITTERED. How about David Carr? Trent Dilfer? Bernard Berrian? Ryan Mathews? Our own MARLON MOORE (Moore was a BEAST at Fresno State -- an absolute BEAST!)?

FACT: The Bulldogs do recruit a lot of NFL caliber talent. And these kids play against defenses that CANNOT measure up to the squads found in major conferences. Therefore, it's like a MAN against boy out there. Carr, Dilfer, Moore, Berrian, Mathews (etc.) ABUSED defenses while playing for Fresno State. They just massively ABUSED them. They were CAN'T MISS prospects coming out of college.

How do you think they did? "Meh" would be a good response. They were OK. They were serviceable. But they did not develop into stars. I know of only two Fresno State wide receivers who have made that jump: Henry Ellard and Stephoine Paige. But they are the only TWO out of so may others who didn't make an impact.

So, you two have been warned!
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Uh Oh. I feel compelled to step into this thread before you two make a serious mistake.

As a graduate of Fresno State University (class of '88), please let me inform you of this: Never, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER come under the mistaken impression that a Fresno State player is the next "big thing." Don't do it, kids. Don't go there. Don't go thinking that Davante Adams has "what it takes." I mean, he might, but consider this. Please, hear me out.

The NFL landscape is LITTERED with former Bulldogs who were touted as "the next great thing." LITTERED. How about David Carr? Trent Dilfer? Bernard Berrian? Ryan Mathews? Our own MARLON MOORE (Moore was a BEAST at Fresno State -- an absolute BEAST!)?

FACT: The Bulldogs do recruit a lot of NFL caliber talent. And these kids play against defenses that CANNOT measure up to the squads found in major conferences. Therefore, it's like a MAN against boy out there. Carr, Dilfer, Moore, Berrian, Mathews (etc.) ABUSED defenses while playing for Fresno State. They just massively ABUSED them. They were CAN'T MISS prospects coming out of college.

How do you think they did? "Meh" would be a good response. They were OK. They were serviceable. But they did not develop into stars. I know of only two Fresno State wide receivers who have made that jump: Henry Ellard and Stephoine Paige. But they are the only TWO out of so may others who didn't make an impact.

LMAO you're comparing Marlon Moore and Bernard Berrian to Davante Adams

Bernard Berrian's 5 year stats

182 catches 2588 yards and 23 Tds

Marlon Moore's 4 year stats at Fresno State

90 catches 1374 yards and 10 Tds

Davante Adams 2 year stats (Frosh and Soph only 7 games in)

174 catches 2116 yards and 27 Tds

You called Marlon Moore a beast holy s**t I just read that again. Anyways Davante Adams absolutely destroys the other 2 you mentioned in every statistical category. Adams is a pure WR and a matchup nightmare. Thanks for playing

[ Edited by sincalfaithful on Oct 29, 2013 at 4:18 PM ]

LMAO you're comparing Marlon Moore and Bernard Berrian to Davante Adams

Bernard Berrian's 5 year stats

182 catches 2588 yards and 23 Tds

Marlon Moore's 4 year stats at Fresno State

90 catches 1374 yards and 10 Tds

Davante Adams 2 year stats (Frosh and Soph only 7 games in)

174 catches 2116 yards and 27 Tds

You called Marlon Moore a beast holy s**t I just read that again. Anyways Davante Adams absolutely destroys the other 2 you mentioned in every statistical category. Adams is a pure WR and a matchup nightmare

OK. Well, I tried to warn you. Right? I probably picked the two wrong players to compare Davante with, but the warning remains the same. Look what David Carr did then. Look what Trent Dilfer did. He beat USC for Christ's sake when NOBODY beat the Trojans -- not in bowl games anyway.

Do you know how many times Ryan Mathews fumbled for Fresno State during his career? ZERO. That's right, he was a ROCK. The Chargers wasted a first round draft pick on the kid.

Do you know how many times he's fumbled in the NFL? The kid is a FUMBLING MACHINE. Not this year, but in previous years he has been.

One last thing? Fresno State has no running game. This is very unusual. Usually the Dogs have a very strong run game. This year they don't. David Carr is passing for all those TD's. If Fresno State had any semblance of a run game -- Davante's numbers would be WAY down. Consider that.

I'm just trying to warn you. The kid might be good. I'm praying, like you, that he is. But, I've seen this happen way too many times before with Fresno State players...

That's all I'm trying to say...

Sorry to be a Negative Nancy or Debbie Downer...
[ Edited by billbird2111 on Oct 29, 2013 at 5:33 PM ]
OK. Well, I tried to warn you. Right? I probably picked the two wrong players to compare Davante with, but the warning remains the same. Look what David Carr did then. Look what Trent Dilfer did. He beat USC for Christ's sake when NOBODY beat the Trojans -- not in bowl games anyway.

Do you know how many times Ryan Mathews fumbled for Fresno State during his career? ZERO. That's right, he was a ROCK. The Chargers wasted a first round draft pick on the kid.

Do you know how many times he's fumbled in the NFL? The kid is a FUMBLING MACHINE. Not this year, but in previous years he has been.

One last thing? Fresno State has no running game. This is very unusual. Usually the Dogs have a very strong run game. This year they don't. David Carr is passing for all those TD's. If Fresno State had any semblance of a run game -- Davante's numbers would be WAY down. Consider that.

I'm just trying to warn you. The kid might be good. I'm praying, like you, that he is. But, I've seen this happen way too many times before with Fresno State players...

That's all I'm trying to say...

You seriously think David Carr was drafted into a position for success? How many times was he sacked/hit in his rookie season. That was the most pathetic excuse for an offensive line anybody has ever see. Matthews has been much better about fumbling lately only 3 over his last 2 seasons. And what do you know the year he fumbled 5 times he went to the Pro Bowl.
Anyways back to Adams

Member Milestone: This is post number 300 for Izyniner.
Lets not forget that Dilfer won a super bowl not bad, Logan mankins, Henry Ellard, Stephon Page, Lorenzo Neal. Just a few of those so called over hyped fresno state players you left out.
LOL this thread just got interesting.

Davante Adams is legit. If anything he has padded Carr's stats, not the other way around, and i really like Derek Carr. Anyone who watches the REDSHIRT SOPHMORE can see he is a f**king animal. Guy is an absolute monster in the corner of the endzone.
Share 49ersWebzone