There are 199 users in the forums

DRAFT A QB??

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Aaron Murray please!! If he falls to the 3rd....Do it!!!
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Brett Smith from Wyoming is a baller and would be a perfect backup quarterback in the NFL. He's going to be on the same level as Andy Dalton in the NFL.
I think next year it will be 1. Kaepernick 2. BJ Daniels 3. Mid - Late Rounder or Vet

If we draft someone I'd say there is a good shot he will be mobile and have a good arm.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Sep 27, 2013 at 2:43 PM ]
Originally posted by RealShaloop:
Devin Gardner from Michigan

he's going to be a WR in the NFL IMO

as for the OP, I think we need to go get a solid vet next offseason, doubt we can afford one though. In that case it's a solid QB class and we should spend one of our 3rd rounders on a signal caller. Most important position on the team. I go back to when Walsh traded for Steve Young despite having Montana, what did he give up again? I think it was a 2nd or 3rd?
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
If CK gets hurt...who will be the #1 pick? The niners would be right there near the top or the draft.

I disagree. You honestly think we are going to end up 2-14 or 3-13? Overreaction.

THIS. Give me a break.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
If CK gets hurt...who will be the #1 pick? The niners would be right there near the top or the draft.

I disagree. You honestly think we are going to end up 2-14 or 3-13? Overreaction.

THIS. Give me a break.

Originally posted by matt49er:
he's going to be a WR in the NFL IMO

as for the OP, I think we need to go get a solid vet next offseason, doubt we can afford one though. In that case it's a solid QB class and we should spend one of our 3rd rounders on a signal caller. Most important position on the team. I go back to when Walsh traded for Steve Young despite having Montana, what did he give up again? I think it was a 2nd or 3rd?

No to spending a 2nd or 3rd on a QB. We have BJ next year with a year under his belt. That's all the QB we need. We have too many positions to feel to be going after a QB. We have 5 picks in the 1st 3 rounds. We're going to need 2 CBs, 2 WRs, SS, C/G, DT/NT. We need quality at those position, and the best quality is found in the first 5 rounds.
Keith Price of Washington in the 5th round....before Seattle can draft him.
Chuckie Keeton was representing today...........29/42, 260 yards, 3 TD's, 52 yards rushing and 1 TD.
zach mettenberger and blake bell both looked good today

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by hofer36:
derek carr is looking good

Hawaii made Derek Carr look like David Carr....I'd stay far away from him.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Keith Price of Washington in the 5th round....before Seattle can draft him.

That's a guy I like in the mid rounds to late rounds. Has really bounced back from a disappointing 2012. He's small (6'1/205ish), has good legs, but seems to use them more to buy time to throw than to scramble, good not great arm strength, but very good accuracy.
Share 49ersWebzone