LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 276 users in the forums

College Football Week 1 Watch List(Early version)

Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Bruce Ellington gets a catch, 1st down throw yet again for Connor Shaw.

was at that game, it was hot and muggy. I don't sweat, but I had beads of sweat rolling down my legs just sitting in the covered stands. Players were coming on and off the field continuously, one play the defense swapped out 9 players inbetween snaps. We got called for illegal substitution no that play. NC plays fast, they had 20+ seconds on the play clock most of the time they snapped the ball, in that environment anybody would be tired. Think the field heat index was 102 for the game.

Clowney was disruptive the whole game, the ball was out of the QB hands quickly, seemed like 2 seconds or quicker. Clowney has excellent leverage and uses his hands extremely well to disable the tackle and then burst past him. He really abused the all pro tackle, 68 and also 72 when he was on that side. Ball was just out to quickly to get to the QB. They constantly ran away from him during the game or double and triple teamed him on short 3 step drops and he was still breaking through and hurrying the QB. I thought his play, and SC as a whole, was very impressive holding an offense that never scored less than 40pts and under 400 yards last season to 293 yds and 10 pts. NC did play in the ACC so it is what it is, look forward to some S. Carolina football this season. But I do wish the ESPN/media would go away, they're lack of detail on analysis is just stupid haha.
Originally posted by Shorteous:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Bruce Ellington gets a catch, 1st down throw yet again for Connor Shaw.

was at that game, it was hot and muggy. I don't sweat, but I had beads of sweat rolling down my legs just sitting in the covered stands. Players were coming on and off the field continuously, one play the defense swapped out 9 players inbetween snaps. We got called for illegal substitution no that play. NC plays fast, they had 20+ seconds on the play clock most of the time they snapped the ball, in that environment anybody would be tired. Think the field heat index was 102 for the game.

Clowney was disruptive the whole game, the ball was out of the QB hands quickly, seemed like 2 seconds or quicker. Clowney has excellent leverage and uses his hands extremely well to disable the tackle and then burst past him. He really abused the all pro tackle, 68 and also 72 when he was on that side. Ball was just out to quickly to get to the QB. They constantly ran away from him during the game or double and triple teamed him on short 3 step drops and he was still breaking through and hurrying the QB. I thought his play, and SC as a whole, was very impressive holding an offense that never scored less than 40pts and under 400 yards last season to 293 yds and 10 pts. NC did play in the ACC so it is what it is, look forward to some S. Carolina football this season. But I do wish the ESPN/media would go away, they're lack of detail on analysis is just stupid haha.

Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
s**t, Hal another awesome play in coverage of Donte Moncrief

Andre Hal is having a 1st round quality of a game. Just outstanding out there

Ladler looks out of position all night long

Jordan Matthews , having a killer game

fuuuuuuuuuu

Jordan Mattews had a key pass bounce off his hands and intercepted to end the game....Dude's crying on the sidelines for costing his team the game, poor kid. Before he made a huge 4th and 18 catch when 2-3 plays before he was throwing up on the field after a nasty head hit.

missed the game, but heard Matthews played well despite not coming up with the big catch.

lol, I felt really bad for the kid. That reception was an AWESOME route he run and awesome catch, right after he probably had a concussion!

Then in the 4th Vandy is driving and he gets thrown a ball and off his fingers and intercepted, he ran over and started crying in his coaches arms. It was pretty heartbreaking, Matthews is the entire offense and played his heart out.
lol, I felt really bad for the kid. That reception was an AWESOME route he run and awesome catch, right after he probably had a concussion!

Then in the 4th Vandy is driving and he gets thrown a ball and off his fingers and intercepted, he ran over and started crying in his coaches arms. It was pretty heartbreaking, Matthews is the entire offense and played his heart out.

i like that he plays with a lot of heart and emotion. you wanna see something like that in the first game of the season because it will really say how he is as a player and person if he's able to move on and get that much better throughout the season.
I also watched the Rutgers - Fresno State game.

David Carr, great quick release, strong arm, fairly accurate, poor post-snap reading, locks on WRs big time, questionable decision making.

Coleman, looked slow off the snap, but no denying he is a matchup nightmare once he gets 10 yards downfield, and he is essentially requiring 2 man coverage in the red zone.

Both Carr/Coleman were a bit hard to judge because the defenses were s**t, lol.
Will be watching the Miami game tonight.

Miami O v. FAU D

OLB Andre Kirk*, Florida Atlantic, #45

OT Seantrel Henderson, Miami, #77

C - Brandon Linder, Miami, #65

WR - Phillip Dorsett*, Miami, #4

TE Clive Walford*, Miami, #46

QB Stephen Morris, Miami, #17

FAU Off vs. Miami D

WR William Dukes*, Florida Atlantic, #19

ILB Denzel Perryman*, Miami, #52
I also watched the Rutgers - Fresno State game.

David Carr, great quick release, strong arm, fairly accurate, poor post-snap reading, locks on WRs big time, questionable decision making.

Coleman, looked slow off the snap, but no denying he is a matchup nightmare once he gets 10 yards downfield, and he is essentially requiring 2 man coverage in the red zone.

Both Carr/Coleman were a bit hard to judge because the defenses were s**t, lol.

Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:

woops, Derek Carr haha
Perryman great in drop back coverage tips the ball and just barely drops the interception that would have been a return for 6

SEantrel Henderson isn't starting, big blow to his draft stock

Dukes is pretty slow off the line, long strider though, but beat his corner and drew a pass interference. Dukes ran a great curl, almost had a great catch but QB threw a bullet behind the WR.

Play action, Dukes wide open for a 50+ yard TD, QB gets pressured before he can threw. The QBs are just awful on FAU, every throw to Dukes is way off target

Perryman another nice tip on a pass in drop back coverage

So far I don't see the hype about Morris. Dorsett has been a non-factor. Linder has played solid.

End of 1st
Duke Johnson on the other hand is a stud, lol. But he is just a sophmore

Clive Walford with great tough TD catch, nailed right as he caught it and held on

Morris has some nice touches on passes, but again, not seeing the hype
wow, you guys see S Drummond*, Michigan St one-handed interception
wow, you guys see S Drummond*, Michigan St one-handed interception

Saw the replay of it, amazing 1 handed INT.
  • buck
  • Veteran
North Dakota State (FCS National Champs) beat defending Big 12 Champions Kansas St by a score of 24-21.

Bison senior cornerback had 1 pick and 1 pass defended.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Rutgers

B. Coleman 9 for 94 10.4 yard average and 2 scores

Vanderbilt

J. Matthews 10 for 178 17.8 yard average 1 score

Ole Miss

D. Moncrief 5 for 56 11.2 average 0 scores
Share 49ersWebzone