There are 235 users in the forums

Allen Robinson, Penn St. - WR

I really like this kid. He reminds me of a taller/faster version of Quinton Patton. He seems to move well in space as well. What does everyone else think of him?

Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
I really like this kid. He reminds me of a taller/faster version of Quinton Patton. He seems to move well in space as well. What does everyone else think of him?

Where do you get the idea that he's faster than Patton? The biggest knock on him are questions about his ability to separate at the next level as well as his tendency to body-catch. He's certainly strong and uses his strength well and he reminds me quite a bit of Juron Criner, formerly of Arizona, another strong, physical wide receiver who had questions about his speed and ability to separate.
My #6 WR, 2nd rounder

If you like him, check out Donte Moncrief, Ole Miss. 6-3 220lbs, was on fire 2nd half the year, lit up LSU's D.
Trade up for Lee out of USC (we can afford to take a chance), and we will still most likely to have a 2nd rounder to use on a corner, because KC have a solid chance to make the playoffs. Or we could chuck 2 first rounders at Atlanta for Julio Jones
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Where do you get the idea that he's faster than Patton? The biggest knock on him are questions about his ability to separate at the next level as well as his tendency to body-catch. He's certainly strong and uses his strength well and he reminds me quite a bit of Juron Criner, formerly of Arizona, another strong, physical wide receiver who had questions about his speed and ability to separate.

Maybe there is not much difference in speed wise. I looked up Patton's low 40 in NFLDraftscout.com and has him listed as a 4.40 and has Robinson as a 4.43. Maybe his taller frame made him seem faster to me? I am not trying to compare the two but I was saying he kind of reminds me of Patton. I did tend to see a few body catches in there I did not care for. With CK as our QB it is imperative IMO to draft a WR with good hands. I appreciate the feedback and will see how he has progressed this offseason. I am really trying to make a priority to become more involved with college football for the future. I started getting more involved about three years ago and I am still doing a lot of catching up. This is why I am joining College FF this year. I think it will force me to become more familiar with the players all over the conferences.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
My #6 WR, 2nd rounder

If you like him, check out Donte Moncrief, Ole Miss. 6-3 220lbs, was on fire 2nd half the year, lit up LSU's D.

I liked what I saw of him as well. I remember watching that LSU and MISS matchup.
Maybe there is not much difference in speed wise. I looked up Patton's low 40 in NFLDraftscout.com and has him listed as a 4.40 and has Robinson as a 4.43. Maybe his taller frame made him seem faster to me? I am not trying to compare the two but I was saying he kind of reminds me of Patton. I did tend to see a few body catches in there I did not care for. With CK as our QB it is imperative IMO to draft a WR with good hands. I appreciate the feedback and will see how he has progressed this offseason. I am really trying to make a priority to become more involved with college football for the future. I started getting more involved about three years ago and I am still doing a lot of catching up. This is why I am joining College FF this year. I think it will force me to become more familiar with the players all over the conferences.

Those 40 times are utterly meaningless. Until a guy actually runs at the Combine, you can ignore all that other stuff. BRB....."Joe Haden runs a 4.3 40".......oh wait, at the Combine he ran a 4.59.

Those 40 times are utterly meaningless. Until a guy actually runs at the Combine, you can ignore all that other stuff. BRB....."Joe Haden runs a 4.3 40".......oh wait, at the Combine he ran a 4.59.

Oh I understand completely. I guess it is a wait and see process.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
My #6 WR, 2nd rounder

He looks like a really good prospect there.

I wonder who told you about him??

• buck
  • Veteran
Oh I understand completely. I guess it is a wait and see process.

It is a long wait and a long see process. We are only two games into the college season.

Penn St has played Syracuse and E. Michigan.

Robinson has 14 receptions for 262 yards and 2 scores in those two games.
Looks good to me
Originally posted by tohara3:

This. We need a Moncrief thread, he didn't have a great start to this season but he's an outstanding talent who has done well against stifling SEC defenses.

This. We need a Moncrief thread, he didn't have a great start to this season but he's an outstanding talent who has done well against stifling SEC defenses.

Moncrief was completely dominated by Andre Hall of Vanderbilt, it was a great matchup to watch

You like Moncrief or Jordan Matthews more? Was really impressed with Matthews' performance against Ole Miss.
Share 49ersWebzone