LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 337 users in the forums

De'Anthony Thomas

If De'Anthony Thomas happens to fall in the 1st round next year to the 49er would you want to draft him or pass on him?

Id be interested in using him a Percy Harvin setup. I like to draft a stud corner with the first round pick but with Thomas's size and the league getting away from ground game football i see him falling on draft boards.
Depends on how the season goes. But as of now, we have a full stable of quality RBs.

Dixon is the worst of them but adds value as our only power back and an excellent ST player.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Pass. Taking Runningbacks in the first round isn't great value anymore.
5'9, 181, scat back.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
5'9, 181, scat back.

Percy Harvin version 3.0. Wouldn't mind him as a 2nd round pick.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
No, the 9ers have Lattimore waiting on the sideline. If the 9ers take another RB I would think it would be in the 3rd at the earliest.
5'9, 181, scat back.

Yeah but he is very fast.
D'Anthony is a system type runner. The Good thing for him and the 9ers is, he fits this system GREAT. I would spend maybe a 3rd on the guy. I still feel we need another big body along the deline and for sure gonna need another CB because Rogers will be old and T is a FA.
De'Anthony and LaMike?

He is my next draft crush, I believe most of our wr group is a FA next summer so i'm sure the niners will take a hard look at him. But I doubt we will draft him due to the inevitable super hype he will get from mcshay, kiper, and mayock. But if we were going to draft a receiver that is more realistic for us to draft, it could be Sammy Watkins. His sophomore slump and his marijuana case could bring him down.

Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
5'9, 181, scat back.

Percy Harvin version 3.0. Wouldn't mind him as a 2nd round pick.

You're overlooking Harvin's proven toughness and pass catching ability.
Originally posted by doc_brown_:
You're overlooking Harvin's proven toughness and pass catching ability.

This. Harvin has a larger frame than Thomas and Austin. I have a feeling Austin was slightly.over drafted. Im not saying hes not a good player with great potential but if there was better wr and rb prospects he wouldve drifted.to the 2nd. I don't think Thomas goes in the 1st. Since were equating all hybrid Rbs to Harvin tho here ya go.

Several of the responses in this thread so far have noted that we have enough RBs already. Totally agree.

But don't pigeonhole Thomas just yet. This will be a fascinating season for him from a scouting perspective. If he is used as a slot WR more, there is no reason he couldn't have a Tavon Austin-like rise into the early 1st round.

Or, better yet, he doesn't have such a meteoric rise in draft stock, but the 49ers draft him anyway with the creativity and foresight to turn him into Tavon Austin rather than Darren Sproles. Because if Thomas's NFL position is truly just change-of-pace RB (for example, if it turns out he's just not good enough at catching and route-running to become a versatile weapon), then I would agree that it makes little sense to draft him with Hunter and James in place.
Aren't they trying to do that with LMJ?
One thing for sure, w/Trent at the helm, nothing is impossible.
Share 49ersWebzone