LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 219 users in the forums

Who really wanted Reid

Who really wanted Reid

Look at this like the Keap situation...we all know Jim wanted Keap and Trent wanted Dalton. With the rumors that Jim wanted this kid at Stanford....who made the call?

I think this was more Jim's "baby"
they said the pick was unanimous
I think Jim certainly pushed hard for him, But Baalkie is the man in the FO. If he wasnt sold on him the pick would not happen.
Originally posted by hofer36:
they said the pick was unanimous

Did they?
Jim recruting Reid out of HS is not rumor, it is fact.

Jim wanting to draft to his NFL team despite Baalke not wanting to do so is the rumor.

And I don't know that Baalke wanted Dalton over Kaep.

If I had to guess, no Niner has ever been acquired in the Harbaalke era where both of them were not somewhat on board
One mole whispered this to me Wednesday: "Jim Harbaugh has his guy and he won't be denied."
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000163269/article/2013-nfl-draft-nine-predictions-for-how-first-round-will-unfoldHarbaugh
Originally posted by danimal:

Jim wanting to draft to his NFL team despite Baalke not wanting to do so is the rumor.

If I had to guess, no Niner has ever been acquired in the Harbaalke era where both of them were not somewhat on board

I like that though, shows each guy sees a person differently based upon their work ethic vs talent. -Rather have a Siskel and Ebert, than 'yes' men calling the shots.
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Apr 25, 2013 at 11:03 PM ]
In all honesty, I didn't want him. I wanted Cyprien. But the more I read up on him, the more I like him. Harbaalke has earned my trust.

In 2011, I wanted Robert Quinn and Andy Dalton. We took Aldon Smith and Colin Kaepernick. Harbaalke > SofaKing.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
we will never know
Originally posted by jreff22:
Look at this like the Keap situation...we all know Jim wanted Keap and Trent wanted Dalton. With the rumors that Jim wanted this kid at Stanford....who made the call?

"Keap"?

Really??

Originally posted by Niners99:

"Keap"?

Really??

Kaep....I'm not great on phones
probably both. we needed a safety, harbaugh wanted him since highschool and baalke is a good judge of talent so im sure he saw this kids measurables, leadership and attitude and figured he just needs a little coaching to polish his game up. solid pick, i dont know why people are complaining, we only gave up a 3rd to move up, the cowboys couldve gotten a lot more but theyre dumbasses lol
Originally posted by Niners99:

"Keap"?

Really??

Kaep....I'm not great on phones

Kap

[ Edited by KowboyKiller on Apr 25, 2013 at 11:52 PM ]
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Baalke wanted Dalton ?! I didn't know that !! If he did, it would be rather worrying to say the least !!! LOL.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by danimal:

I like that though, shows each guy sees a person differently based upon their work ethic vs talent. -Rather have a Siskel and Ebert, than 'yes' men calling the shots.

More Lennon-McCartney IMO
Share 49ersWebzone