LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 283 users in the forums

PICK #2 (40): Guess The Player And Position To Be Addressed Next

PICK #2 (40): Guess The Player And Position To Be Addressed Next

I would think Jamar Taylor, Jesse Williams, Zach Ertz is on the short list. I am beginning to think that Tank may be skipped over due to medicals.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
I would think Jamar Taylor, Jesse Williams, Zach Ertz is on the short list. I am beginning to think that Tank may be skipped over due to medicals.

Tank did have an impressive workout, but concerns like this do scare off potential suitors.

Potential high risk, high reward.

I hear you. I'm bracing myself for the inevitable passing on Tank.

MD, in your evaluation who would be the most impactful NT we could take today?
I have a feeling we trade out of 34 for a 1st next year and address DE then and move up from the bottom of round 2 to a mid round TE pick. Maybe Ertz.
  • JDog
  • Veteran
Just SF GATE has us linked to Bennie Logan...thoughts?
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:

Jesse Williams. The team can use him all across the line, and even as a goalline FB. Alabama used him in all these roles. I would have been pretty happy if that 18th overall was Sylvester Williams, but....maybe the team looks at Brandon Williams at the bottom of the second round or early third. Got to think they have a plan, unless they want to talk to the Jets' Sione Pouha as a short-term stop gap challenger to RJF. John Jenkins is a two down guy, and a pretty good player. The dropoff is pretty bad after that.
Originally posted by JDog:
Just SF GATE has us linked to Bennie Logan...thoughts?

Me no likey. Simply not very athletic for a 308 pounder. Maybe the team is trying to draft all the LSU players. We can get Logan, Minter, Mathieu, the recently arrested moron T. Simon...Thursday night of the draft gets arrested...dude is stupid.
  • pd24
  • Veteran

Jesse Williams. The team can use him all across the line, and even as a goalline FB. Alabama used him in all these roles. I would have been pretty happy if that 18th overall was Sylvester Williams, but....maybe the team looks at Brandon Williams at the bottom of the second round or early third. Got to think they have a plan, unless they want to talk to the Jets' Sione Pouha as a short-term stop gap challenger to RJF. John Jenkins is a two down guy, and a pretty good player. The dropoff is pretty bad after that.

RJF is gone.
so glad we pick early
There is something about Mathieu that just "feels" like he's the peskiest guy to deploy against Harvin and Austin.

Originally posted by AmpLee:
There is something about Mathieu that just "feels" like he's the peskiest guy to deploy against Harvin and Austin.

f**k, don't remind me that we're gonna have to face Austin twice a year for the foreseeable future.

Your emoticon is what Austin is going to feel like when Reid hits him.
DE. I think we'll draft two DL's. Maybe even three.
Niners should trade down 8 spots and rape the Raiders for more picks. I have to believe that Oakland would like to jump ahead of Philly and get Geno Smith. OR.. simply swap with Philly and get something.
THREAD UPDATED DUE TO TRADE WITH THE TITANS.
YES TANK!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone