LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 305 users in the forums

GorefullBore Mock Draft Mike Mayock style(plus full 49er mock draft)

This is my one and only mock draft just like Mayock, only without the fanfare lol. I had a more detailed version, but my computer glitches out and I lost it, so I am going to do this quick and dirty. *Note* I realize we may trade up, but since trades are nearly impossible to predict I don't do my mocks with trades. Enjoy.

1. KC. Eric Fisher Central Michigan - It's a close call between him and Joeckel, but Fisher reportedly has a bigger upside, and that momentum takes him all the way to the top of the draft.

2. Jac. Luke Joeckel Texas A&M - There has been some talk about Geno going here, but unless they are sold on him, I think they should wait on the QB and build the line for whomever lines up under center. Joeckel is just too good to pass up and can be a fixture on the line for years to come.

3. Oak. Ezekiel Ansah BYU - So many mocks have Floyd going here, but according to Ian Rappaport of NFLN the Raiders are concerned about the length of Floyd's arms and will not take him. Smokescreen? We will see. It is a passing league, and the potential of Ansah is just too good to pass up.

4. Phi. Dion Jordan Oregon - I'm not convinced that Trent Cole and Brandon Graham have the ability to play standing up. They did sign Conner Barwin, but they need someone on the other side. Jordan would be a perfect fit.

5. Det. Lane Johnson Oklahoma - Their top priority should be protecting Stafford. The lost both Jeff Backus to retirement, and Gosder Cherilus to free agency, so the need is there. They did take Riley Reiff last year, but I think he is more of a fit on the right side. Johnson would go a long way to keeping the pocket clean for Stafford.

6. Cle. Geno Smith West Virginia - I remember two years ago Mike Lombardi gushing about Aldon Smith, so there is an outside shot that they take Jordan if he falls. However I don't think the new leadership is crazy about Brandon Weeden. Rob Chudzinski of course comes from Carolina where he had Cam Newton. While not exactly the same skill set as Cam, Geno is an athletic QB that will allow them to do a wider array of things than old man Weeden.

7. Ari. Chance Warmack Alabama - The Cards interior line is a mess. Daryn Colledge has regressed since signing from Green Bay, and other options include Adam Snyder and the newly signed Chilo Rachal . Warmack will definitely help.

8. Buf. Tavon Austin West Virginia - The thought earlier in the offseason was that the Bills would go with an outside receiver and move Stevie Johnson to the slot. With no one of that mold worthy of this pick they take Austin who will open up the offense in a different way. He will allow them to be uber creative and move him along with Spiller around the formation to exploit matchup problems.

9. NYJ. Dee Milliner Alabama - There is a big hole at corner now that Revis is gone. Milliner may have dropped a little bit due to injury, but reports are he will be fine. He would be a solid value here.

10. Ten. Jonathan Cooper North Carolina - The jury is still out on Jake Locker. I think it would be in their best interest to maximize the ability of Locker and Chris Johnson by strengthening the middle of the line.

11. SD. D.J. Fluker Alabama -The Chargers have so many holes on the line that they must address it here. They probably would prefer a left tackle, but the best ones are gone. There are some who think that Fluker can play on the left side, but worst case scenario, he would hold down the right side for the foreseeable future.

12. Mia. Sharrif Floyd Florida - In a bit of a surprise Floyd falls to the Dolphins. Whether it would be due to concerns about his arm length, or greater needs elsewhere, I could see this scenario happening. Floyd wouldn't be an immediate need, but Randy Starks is going to play on the franchise tag, so there will likely be a need down the road.

13. NYJ. Barkevious Mingo LSU - Eiffert would be tempting here to help Sanchez in what would likely be his make or break season. However, the J-E-T-S have been looking for a pass rusher for years, and I don't think they could pass on Mingo.

14. Car. Star Lotulelei Utah - The Panthers have a real lack of talent at the DT position. Star is a superior talent who could be the impact player they have been looking for since Kris Jenkins.

15. N.O. Jarvis Jones Georgia - Rob Ryan is installing the 34, so I think they will give him a piece to play with. Again, as with as many of the teams transitioning to the 34, I'm not sure if they have the pieces to line up at the OLB position. Yes, Jones didn't work out well, but he has great tape and could be a James Harrison type player.

16. Stl. Kenny Vaccaro. Texas - The Rams have a dire need at safety. To our disdain they take the best safety in the draft.

17. Pit. Justin Hunter Tennessee - Ok, I say this one on the NFL Network media mock draft, but it make sense to me. The Steelers need to replace some of what they lost with Wallace. Hunter is maybe a hair slower, but he is also 4 inches taller. He would be a nice complimentary weapon to the skill sets of their other receivers.

18. Dal. Sheldon Richardson Missouri - Monte Kiffin's scheme's always need three things a 3 technique, good linebackers, and solid play from at least one safety. They get their 3 tech here.

19. NYG. Tyler Eiffert Notre Dame - With the best lineman gone, do they reach for Pugh? I would go with Eiffert. The Giants lost Martellus Bennett, so they need to replace him. Eiffert would actually bring receiving ability that they did not enjoy from the TE position with Bennett. Eli would be happy.

20. Chi. Manti Te'o Notre Dame - Da Bears still need someone to fill Urlacher's spot long term. They signed a couple of guys, but they are stop gaps at best, Manti is a solid player and should be able to develop into a stalwart in the middle of the D.

21. Cin. Eric Reid LSU - The players currently at the safety spot for the Bengals have been disappointing. Eric would probably play strong safety for Cincy, and complement Reggie Nelson.

22. Stl. Corarrelle Patterson Tennessee - Sam Bradford gets a new weapon. Patterson has loads of talent but is immature.

23. Min. Sylvester Williams North Carolina - Kevin Williams is getting older but still has a few years left. They should take Sly and create the new Williams wall.

24. Ind. D.J. Hayden Houston - After building up the O last year Chuck can start on the D. Hayden has been inspiring in his comeback from his devastating injury, if he shows that kind of resolve in trying to excel he should be a good one.

25. Min. Xavier Rhodes Florida State - After losing Antoine Winfield there is a starting spot open. Overall, Rhodes is just too good to pass up here.

26. G.B. Jonathan Cyprien Florida International - The Pack has a huge hole at free safety Cyprien comes in to compete for that spot.

27. Hou. Keenan Allan Cal - The Texans desperately need someone to draw attention away from Andre Johnson.

28. Den. Tank Carradine Florida State - Dumerville is gone. The Broncos need another pass rusher opposite Von Miller. Once Tank is clear of his injury, he should have no problem supplying that.

29. N.E. Jamar Taylor Bosie State - Before the Talib trade last year the Pat's secondary was terrible, after it was marginally better. With Dennard in legal trouble help is still needed. Taylor has been rising and will provide solid coverage.

30. Atl. Desmond Trufant Washington- After cutting Robinson and loosing Grimes reinforcements are needed. Trufant would be a welcome and needed addition.

31. 49ers Jessie Williams Alabama - I fully expect to trade up. If we trade up to the 14 -20 range I think it would be for Vaccaro or Richardson. If we trade up just a few spots I think it would be for Carradine or one of the defensive backs. In this scenario almost all of our targets would be gone, so I went with Williams. I know there are many of you who are against this pick because NT only plays 30% of the time, but I have a couple lines of thinking here. 1. Jessie is versatile. He can play any of the positions on the line. We lost Soap. I know he didn't play much, but when playing power running teams he was valuable (Ravens, Seahawks ect.) he was a stalwart against the run. I think we need to replace that presence.

32. Bal Matt Elam Florida - The Ravens filled the free safety spot with Michael Huff, but haven't filled Bernard Pollard's vacated spot yet. Elam can do that. He is a little short, but he is a strong in the box safety. I think he would fit nicely in that spot.

Remainder of 49ers mock draft

2)34. Zach Ertz - Fits this offense like a glove. He would have to be used a little different than Delanie, but he still would be a valuable piece.

2)61. Philip Thomas - I think we need a little more of a center fielder. He could give the offense extra possessions. David Amerson is also an option.

3)74. Logan Ryan – Is a little bigger of a corner. Fits what the team likes.

3)93. Aaron Dobson - Ran a 4.42 at 6-3 210. He would give us a dimension that we don't already have; our tallest receiver is 6-1.

4)128. Marcus Lattimore - Pick him here and stash him for a year.

4)131. William Gholston - More D-line depth.

5) 157. Gerald Hodges - Insurance in the event that Grant or Gooden split.

6) 173. Duke Williams - Possible replacement for Whitner down the road.

6) 180. Luke Marquardt - Fills Boone's old swing tackle role.

7)237. Jordan Rodgers - Competition for Tolzien

7)246. Travis Johnson - Will compete with Fleming and Johnson at OLB. He may be destined for the practice squad.

7)252. Marqueis Gray - Played QB at Minnesota, but it more of an athlete in the pros. May be able to be moved to the TE/H-Back role. It's a late pick why not take a flyer?

Not a fan of Jesse Williams. We need a defensive linemen that can rush the passer. Were stout enough against the run. Soap didn't play that much last year. Jesse Williams wouldn't play that much either. Ertz is ok, but would rather have Kelce in the third round.
You'll be really surprised how quick Jesse is. He's not 40's fast but, IMO, very quick.

I really like te pick!

Also, agree w/GorefullBore on the possible trade scenarios - if we trade high it will be Vacarro or Richardson maybe Star if he fell
- if we trade low Carradine or maybe Datone.

If we trade back probably Bills or ?

I realaly like the rest of yuor picks and Philip Thomas.
Oh, in regards to Jesse - he can play both NT and DE so he has added value.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Oh, in regards to Jesse - he can play both NT and DE so he has added value.

Yeah, that was my thinking with the pick.
Nice mock
Originally posted by tohara3:
Nice mock

Thanks.
Share 49ersWebzone