LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 281 users in the forums

Best (value) deep threat WR?

Best (value) deep threat WR?

• Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dre2much2003:
What ABOUT Marquess Wilson and another good receiver in the late round Mark Harrison and a good punt returner is ACE SANDERS!

I like Marquess' height at 6'3", but I am yet to watch his tape. As for Ace Sanders, no way !! Just not for me, not another 5'7" 173 pounder. I am after a prototypical tall legit deep threat wideout who can go up to take the top off.
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Hunter is my favorite WR to ... with him being so raw N to light I don't think he's worth a first round pick or a second round pick ..I would taken with #74 though but it wont happen ...

I am sorry, I am kind of confused here. We've had this discussion before, I was under the impression that you didn't like Hunter or Patterson, both being too raw and skinny. How does Hunter all of a sudden become your favourite WR ? And that he is not even worth being a 2nd rounder ? Isn't that kind of contradictory in terms ? Do you mean to say the best WR in the draft starts from the 3rd round ?

This is where u reading what I say comes on handily ... I do think HUNTER is to raw N skinny... I've also said I wasn't against him actually liked him just not as a first or second round pick.... I think any WR picked by us in tha first two rounds is a wasted pick ... as I also think D.Rogers is a total waste as I also think any RB taken this yr is a wasted pick...
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
This is where u reading what I say comes on handily ... I do think HUNTER is to raw N skinny... I've also said I wasn't against him actually liked him just not as a first or second round pick.... I think any WR picked by us in tha first two rounds is a wasted pick ... as I also think D.Rogers is a total waste as I also think any RB taken this yr is a wasted pick...

So, what you are saying is you will only pick a WR from 3rd round onwards. And if that is the case, who would you pick amongst those projected to go in the 3rd and later then ?

So, what you are saying is you will only pick a WR from 3rd round onwards. And if that is the case, who would you pick amongst those projected to go in the 3rd and later then ?

Besides hunter I like cobi Hamilton Marcus Davis N Brandon Kaufman ...

Besides hunter I also like cobi Hamilton Brandon Kaufman N Marcus Davis ...N yea I wouldn't pick any WR til tha 3rd round N later. .. actually hunter in tha 3rd Hamilton like a late 4th or 5th round ... Kaufman N Davis are 6th to FA level ...

Besides hunter I also like cobi Hamilton Brandon Kaufman N Marcus Davis ...N yea I wouldn't pick any WR til tha 3rd round N later. .. actually hunter in tha 3rd Hamilton like a late 4th or 5th round ... Kaufman N Davis are 6th to FA level ...

ugh d*mn phone sry about all tha same posts

Originally posted by kush:
IMO you're missing the one that will scare teams the most- Marquise Goodwin.

This. Dude abused everyone at the senior bowl! Poor mans Tavon Austin who i'd love to take. Actually I don't know if anyone saw this or if it even means anything but at his combine interview there's a 49ers microphone in the front the entire time
It's on youtube, sorry don't know how to put the link here
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by blm7754:
Da'Rick Rogers all the way. He's got the size and speed to be elite and has the production of a 1st round pick.

However, I have a feeling that he is being overlooked by many and will get picked long before the 3rd round.

I am hoping that he gets picked in the first.....by some other team.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dre2much2003:
What ABOUT Marquess Wilson and another good receiver in the late round Mark Harrison and a good punt returner is ACE SANDERS!

I like Marquess' height at 6'3", but I am yet to watch his tape. As for Ace Sanders, no way !! Just not for me, not another 5'7" 173 pounder. I am after a prototypical tall legit deep threat wideout who can go up to take the top off.

Hey, I just watched Marquess Wilson's tape. Man, this kid is good !! I like this guy. He catches the ball high and has great hands !! I like him. I wonder how he compares with Marcus Davis and Tyrone Goard, just not enough film on those 2.
Some of the receivers being bandied about have questions about them. DaRick Rogers, was in the doghouse at Tenn, before his drug related dismisal. Does he have his head on straight?

Justin Hunter- According to some, catches the ball with his body and not his hands a lot (in the red zone and other instances you want the wr to go get the ball.) Which leads us to another another argument by some, he needs to work on his strength so he can fight for the ball (like Bolden does). Which leads to another analysis, still hasn't learned to use his size to his advantage on a consistent basis. Other tidbits that were commonly stated, route runnning needs work and his best games and top producing games came against weak defenses, tape doesn't match his measureables. In one case they said he won't be instant coffee-meaning he will have to be developed. Don't we have Jenkins already that needs developing?

What do you want? A Z or X wr?
Share 49ersWebzone