LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 437 users in the forums

My Dream MOCK DRAFT !!

1-31 Jarvis Jones OLB Goergia - I know this first pick is a surprise but it is possible due to Jarvis not working out at the NFL Combine and then Running a poor 40 yard dash Time of 4.92 at his pro day also a few medical issues. Charley Casserley and a few more experts say due to team needs and all the above mentioned this top 10 prospect could easily fall out of the first round, He want!!!!! We will get him! Draft day steal #1! This guy is the #1 pass rusher not only in the SEC but in college football period this draft class! He registered 24.5 tackles for loss this year alone and 28 sacks over the pass 2 seasons. Baltimore Ravens OLB Terrell Suggs ran a 4.94 40 time at the combine and I say he turned out to be a pretty good player. We can use him in the same roll we used Aldon Smith in his rookie year as a situational pass rusher and he could be the eventual replacement for Ahmad Brooks who is closing in on age 30!

2-34 Datone Jones DE UCLA or Margus Hunt DE SMU if Datone is gone. 1 of the 2 should be here!

2-61 Brandon Williams DT,NT Missouri Southern

3-74 Quinton Patton WR Louisianna Tech , High character hard working blue collar WR with great hands and willingness to block in the running game. Lacks elite speed but creates good separation. Reminds me of Crabtree 2.0 lol and though I hope we don't have problems resigning Micheal Crabtree, Patton IMO has a similar skill set and could be his replacement!

3-93 Le'Veon Bell RB Michigan State- OUR NEW Brandon Jacobs and maybe eventual Replacement for 49er great Frank Gore. Big, Durable Competitive power back with deceptive quickness. Led the nation in Yards after contact, has really good hands and is an effective pass protector! 6'2 235lbs and ran an official 4.6 flat forty at the combine. 1 more plus is that he showed he could carry a load his Junior year with 382 Attempts but has relatively low miles on him in comparison to say Montee Ball who already has 924 carrys coming out of college and Montee only ran 4.66 at the combine! bye Anthony Dixon

4-128 Tyrann Mathieu CB LSU - YEP the Honey Badger, 2nd draft steal !!! this guy is a baller, plain and simple!

4-131 Travis Kelce TE Cincinnati- Good hands and Good blocker, enough said.

5-157 Kevin Reddick ILB North Carolina

5-164 Zeke Motta SS Notre Dame, Yes a SS not a FS , Trent Robinson will be our starting FS!

6-180 Ace Sanders WR South Carolina or Marcus Davis WR Virginia Tech if Ace is gone !

We Have 4 - 7th round picks but honestly there is no way we could add any more players at this point so I guess this is the end of my amazing Draft experience!!!! Hope u All enjoyed it as much as I did formulating it! I know we need backup help at the OT but i think we can pick that up through free agency or off the Practice Squad!

Remember this is a dream mock draft but wouldn't it be great if it really goes like this!!!
I love all of these players except for Sanders. Not sure if Jones or Hunt will be on the board at 34. You missed out on a FS though , I love Mathieu but we need more help in our secondary. A solid B
Its ok J.Jones won't make it past Pitts ... IOM a RB is a wasted pick RBs translate easily frm college to NFL ... luv T.kelce pick but in IOM ur about 25 picks late N no O-line help no real safety help N please h*ll no on old rookie hunt
Thanks bro , I just think that our FS could already be on the roster either Trent Robinson or Chris Culliver , I dont know I could be wrong. Oh yeah , I don't think we will even take this many picks anyway but I like u just loved all these players!
Its ok J.Jones won't make it past Pitts ... IOM a RB is a wasted pick RBs translate easily frm college to NFL ... luv T.kelce pick but in IOM ur about 25 picks late N no O-line help no real safety help N please h*ll no on old rookie hunt
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:

Thanks , U r too funny with the OLD Rookie Hunt!!! U R probably right on the J.Jones pick too but its a Dream Draft Pick lol.
Originally posted by ftberrien:
Thanks bro , I just think that our FS could already be on the roster either Trent Robinson or Chris Culliver , I dont know I could be wrong. Oh yeah , I don't think we will even take this many picks anyway but I like u just loved all these players!

Well friend I like the fact you pick a pass rusher. I really want some rotation in that skillset. But I don't think its very smart to address dline with the first 3 picks. We have ian will and dorsey. We only plat a NT 30% of the time. Dont you think a DT/DE and a DE/OLB would be good enough depth? If not could you not address the dline again later in the draft? Its deep in DE/DT. Were losing Whitner next season and we need some new talent at safety. I would considar a safety with one of those 3 dlinr picks.
Don't need or want Jarvis Jones. Wasted pick. 30 is only old for RBs, Ahmad Brooks will be playing at a high level for a long time and doesn't need replacing. We also have a large long term financial commitment to him.

Datone will be long gone by 34 and it's too early to pick Margus Hunt. Hunt should be a late 2nd rounder due to his age and inexperience.

Brandon Williams, the only realistic pick that I like in this mock.

Quinton Patton, an excellent WR that will be long gone by 74.

Le'Veon Bell, too soon to be drafting a RB. He probably won't make the roster cause he would have to beat out Anthony Dixon (who played well this year).

Mathieu and Kelce, both great picks that will be long gone by round 4. Both will probably be early 3rd round picks.

.... bad mock... enough said.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
I do not want two starting midget safeties
Keep on dreaming brotha...would certainly like that draft but a dream that's not likely to happen.

If jones and jones fell to those positions we could not ignore them however I doubt that happens but we never know.

Hunt nah I'm ok

Good draft all our needs for next year are checked Crabtree, J.Smith, Whitner, Rodgers, Gore and our pass rush has true elite depth.

I'm on board with this big time
Originally posted by smithc28:
If jones and jones fell to those positions we could not ignore them however I doubt that happens but we never know.

Hunt nah I'm ok

Good draft all our needs for next year are checked Crabtree, J.Smith, Whitner, Rodgers, Gore and our pass rush has true elite depth.

I'm on board with this big time

Thanks Bro , Some people act like they know exactly what's gonna happen this draft but to me this scenario would be amazing! It's good to see not all my 49er brothers are close minded. One guy actually called my draft a bad one smh , there isn't any way this draft could be seen as a bad draft. It is my belief that we will have a good draft no matter what cause there are just so many possibilities and so many good players to choice from at all the picks we have.
Originally posted by ftberrien:
Thanks Bro , Some people act like they know exactly what's gonna happen this draft but to me this scenario would be amazing! It's good to see not all my 49er brothers are close minded. One guy actually called my draft a bad one smh , there isn't any way this draft could be seen as a bad draft. It is my belief that we will have a good draft no matter what cause there are just so many possibilities and so many good players to choice from at all the picks we have.

Definitely not a bad draft at all, we'd be lucky if something like this happened.

People are just obsessed with us getting a FS to replace Goldson which I think we both agree we won't. They may get one for depth but it seems Trent Robinson is set to be our starting FS or we'll bring a starter in from free agency.

No way will we draft a rookie and ask him to be our full time starting FS. Never gonna happen.
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:

I don't understand the hate for a 26 yo rookie. Not every player spends 10 years on the roster. To have him for 4 years on a rookie contract would be a great deal.
DJones will be long gone before #34...but if for some reason he was still on the board at #31, you bet Baalke would snap him up. For every Aldon Smith there are dozens of pass rushers who never come close to achieving the success they had in college in the NFL. I'm not against drafting one, but definitely not in the 1st rd. We need a versatile DL like Jones, either of the Williams, or even Short. All those guys can play multiple positions...which is why I'm against drafting a NT. We need a FS...and a big CB who can understudy our vets. I like Patton and Kelce...but I think the latter won't last 'til the 4th rd. The only way I'd take Mathieu is after taking a big CB and FS. I get he's this playmaker and all, but he's also 5-7 and there have been very few that size who ever succeeded in the NFL. Not picking on you, but I'm seeing so many "dream" drafts...why not do a realistic one? I know they're hard to do...I've done 'em in the past. But, put yourself in Baalke's shoes...what would you do if you were him.
Share 49ersWebzone