LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 211 users in the forums

Now this is a mock draft....

After doing plenty of research and watching tapes I have finally conducted my 1st Mock Draft for the 2013 NFL Draft. It has its twists, turns and potential shock factors that'll keep you entertained and is very realistic.

Check it out here: FAROSportstalk.webs.com

Please reply and let me know what you think of the draft entirely!

Do you agree with it? Do you like the 49ers picks? What would you change ?

www.FAROSportstalk.webs.comMOCK DRAFT
[ Edited by DaFaro49ers on Apr 3, 2013 at 8:54 AM ]
I would be happy if we drafted Sheldon Richardson or Sylvester Williams .....D-Line help should be a priority with one of our first 2 picks
Good draft.

IMO, Geno is not first round material. I think as you laid the picks out they go with OT - Lane Johnson or G - Warmack.

I like Cyprian at S. I wouldn't complain.

Since we're playing pretend, I'd love to pick up Sheldon Richarson.
Give me Tyler Eifert instead since he's still on the board.
I would love those two picks. I think we need to find a way to get either Vaccaro, Cyprian, or Reid to fill Goldson's spot. They are the players most similar to Dashon imo. If we were to wait we would have to hope that Phillip Thomas or Baccari Rambo would be ready to contribute as rookies, and I am just more confident in the first group of players ability to do that.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Good draft.

IMO, Geno is not first round material. I think as you laid the picks out they go with OT - Lane Johnson or G - Warmack.

I like Cyprian at S. I wouldn't complain.

Since we're playing pretend, I'd love to pick up Sheldon Richarson.

Thank you. Some people are starting to circulate that Ryan Nassib may go ahead of Geno Smith and even as high as 8 to the Bills.
I'm glad you like this draft, I will make a other update as we get closer to the draft
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
I would love those two picks. I think we need to find a way to get either Vaccaro, Cyprian, or Reid to fill Goldson's spot. They are the players most similar to Dashon imo. If we were to wait we would have to hope that Phillip Thomas or Baccari Rambo would be ready to contribute as rookies, and I am just more confident in the first group of players ability to do that.

Cyprien on the field reminds me of Dashon Goldson but with better instincts; he also likes to talk alot(Richard Sherman type on the field). He can get into the opponents heads and add a tough factor to the safety position like Whitner.

Glad you liked the picks.

Anybody else have any other thoughts? Comments? Feedback?
no immediate improvement over last year do not like. a first year Cyprien is no way better than a veteran Goldson.

Get me Eifert which is a huge improvement over Delanie and in RZ and catching ability.

We need to improve our team not just backup up our free agents with rookies.
I like it, but I don't think Cyprien will fall that far. But here's to hoping!
I hope so but it looks like there's a chance that no QB's go in the first. That means that more good players are off the board at 31. Not to worry, there will be some QB hungry teams at the end of the first and beginning of the second. Watch Baalke work his magic.

• Rascal
  • Veteran
I am just surprised that you don't think the Rams will draft a WR with one of its picks given they have lost Amendola. For Sam Bradford to grow and improve, he will need legit weapons.

As for the 9ers, if is going to be a DB, I would much prefer to draft Eric Reid. Cyprien is good, but I feel he lacks the physicality of Reid.
Draft that goes against conventional thinking.

No way Tavon Austin goes top 6.

Star Louteleli has been cleared, will not fall out of top 10.

No TE's in round 1, should be good news for pick 34 for niners.

This is a qb driven league, predicting 3 qb's gp in roound 1, only because the salary commitment is not as large. Smith, Barkley, Nassib.

hate the pick for the niners. Which means it might happen. I want DE pass rush at pick 31.
Originally posted by smithc28:
no immediate improvement over last year do not like. a first year Cyprien is no way better than a veteran Goldson.

Get me Eifert which is a huge improvement over Delanie and in RZ and catching ability.

We need to improve our team not just backup up our free agents with rookies.

There is no improvement for Goldson at 31 so Cyprien is a good pick there. Should be able to start and will improve over the next few years. Even though you can't improve you must replace.
[ Edited by saj4423 on Apr 4, 2013 at 8:19 AM ]
Cyprien has no business being a 1st rounder. Same goes for Justin Hunter and several others you have being picked in the 1st.

There is NO WAY we pick a safety (not named Kenny Vacarro) at 31 with guys like Datone Jones, Tank Caradine, and Tyler Eifert still on the board.
Niners haven't taken a S in 1st rd since '92...doesn't mean they couldn't go for one this draft, but it's not their normal pattern. I agree, one of the best DL is a must at #31...then we can talk S, TE, or even another DL at #34. We could arguably get Phillip Thomas in late 2nd rd...dude's a baller and the kind of playmaker we need at FS. So long as Baalke comes out of the draft with 2 very good DL, 2 S, a CB, very good TE, OT, possibly LB depth, possibly WR depth, I'll be happy. Many ways to get there and even stockpile a couple picks for 2014.
Share 49ersWebzone