There are 125 users in the forums

Final Cooper Mock Draft (Optimistic)

Trade our 1st, Panther's 3rd, and Colts 5th to the Bears for the 20th pick (value points match up)..

1. Cordarrelle Patterson WR, Tennessee, 6-2, 216
- a lot of people are high on Tavon Austin, but this is a guy that is just as fast, just as versatile, and is A LOT bigger.. He's the guy the Niners will be targeting.. (Hoping he falls a little bit to 20, which he might, due to teams needs/being a little raw)

2a. Datone Jones DE/DT, UCLA, 6-4, 283
- athletic, strong, hard working football player who will be a valuable rotational guy and eventual Justin Smith replacement..

2b. Bacarri Rambo FS, Georgia, 6-1, 211
- ball-hawking, playmaking safety, who is a great center field-type with ideal size for the position.. Very good in run support as well.. Goldson's replacement..

3. Tyrann Mathieu CB, LSU, 5-9, 186
- quick, shifty, competitive athlete with incredible ball skills and playmaking ability.. Will be able to cover the slot which has given us a lot of trouble in the past, as well as compete for the punt returning position..

4a. JJ Wilcox SS, Georgia Southern, 6-0, 213
- a very good "football player".. After only playing safety for one season, he's shown great raw ability.. Big, instinctual, good tackler, and a lot better in coverage than Whitner.. Will be his eventual replacement..

4b. Marcus Lattimore RB, South Carolina, 5-11, 221
- best all around running back in this class but I believe he falls this far due to the fact that he will have to be redshirted next year.. With the Niners stable of backs, they can afford to do this..

5. Terry Hawthorne CB, Illinois, 6-0, 195
- very fluid athlete who is very competitive with good speed/quickness and decent ball skills.. Will compete for depth and will be an eventual starter on the outside..

6 (Miami). Traded for a 2014 5th rounder

7th Round: The 2 non-comp picks are traded for 2 future 6th rounders.. We are left with 2 comp picks..

7a. Rick Wagner OT, Wisconsin, 6-6, 308
- offensive line depth with the ability to be a back up swing tackle..

7b. Mychal Rivera TE, Tennessee, 6-3, 242
- same type of player as Delanie Walker, but with better hands.. Will be his replacement..

This mock is a little optimistic, but if this is the way it went down, we would be well on our way to having a dynasty for the next decade and we would be in Super Bowl contention annually..
[ Edited by Cooper22 on Mar 29, 2013 at 1:55 PM ]
Cordarelle isn't going to fall to 20. A team is going to get him with a top 15 pick
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Cordarelle isn't going to fall to 20. A team is going to get him with a top 15 pick

In the cbssports mocks, they have him going in the 20's, which is what I went by because I think they're the most credible
If this draft happened I'd bust a nut
Originally posted by Cooper22:

In the cbssports mocks, they have him going in the 20's, which is what I went by because I think they're the most credible

If that is true, I would trade up in a heartbeat. He is bigger, more physical than Austin and just as fast.

If that is true, I would trade up in a heartbeat. He is bigger, more physical than Austin and just as fast.

Yup and you can use him in the same type of Percy Harvin type of role, giving him handoffs and s**t.

Absolutely, our receiving corp would be scary if we could get him.. I read somewhere that the Bears are trying to trade out of the 20th pick as well
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
If this draft happened I'd bust a nut

I'm about to email this to Baalke haha
It's a nice haul but I can't see Datone Jones falling out of the first round (in addition to the uncertainty about Patterson falling to 20, but that's been discussed enough here).
I like half of it haten tha two head cases (Rambo&mathieu) N I totally think a RB is a wasted pick... tha rest seem ok ...

I agree, and Datone won't fall to 34. How about making Datone Jones the 20th pick (realistic and good value). Then get a WR at 34. There should be a host of good ones available there.... Da'Rick Rogers, Quinton Patton, DeAndre Hopkins (though his stock has risen, he may be a 1st rounder). Kennan Allen may be there at 34 too.

Rambo is a good pick, but may be a reach at 61. David Amerson might be a better pick at that slot.

Honey Badger is also a good pick. A lot of people are down on him, but he would be a good slot CB for us, which is a major position of need with Percy Harvin coming into the division and Carlos Rogers not performing up to his pay.

CBS employs Jason LaCanfora......cant trust em
Originally posted by NinerFan408:
CBS employs Jason LaCanfora......cant trust em

haha this is true... but Rang, Brugler, Kirwan, and Prisco do the mock drafts
Originally posted by blm7754:
I agree, and Datone won't fall to 34. How about making Datone Jones the 20th pick (realistic and good value). Then get a WR at 34. There should be a host of good ones available there.... Da'Rick Rogers, Quinton Patton, DeAndre Hopkins (though his stock has risen, he may be a 1st rounder). Kennan Allen may be there at 34 too.

Rambo is a good pick, but may be a reach at 61. David Amerson might be a better pick at that slot.

Honey Badger is also a good pick. A lot of people are down on him, but he would be a good slot CB for us, which is a major position of need with Percy Harvin coming into the division and Carlos Rogers not performing up to his pay.

Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
It's a nice haul but I can't see Datone Jones falling out of the first round (in addition to the uncertainty about Patterson falling to 20, but that's been discussed enough here).

I was definitely pretty optimistic haha but it was my last mock so I kind of wanted to get a dream scenario.. I think it's optimistic but not unrealistic
I would love this draft.
Share 49ersWebzone