LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 365 users in the forums

tyler bray

Bray is one of my favorite QBs in this draft. He'll be selected in the 3rd round.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Beeker:
This, +1

The Cardinulls have fallen in love with Bray over the weekend - he won't make it past the second round. Matt Scott can wear a ballcap and hold a clipboard for 2-3 years easy. Tolzien may not be able to run the Pistol, so it's a good thing that's only PART of the offense. IMO, I highly, HIGHLY doubt ANY QB's are taken in the first round.

Aw come on. At least one team is going to reach for a quarterback.

The earth would stop rotating if no quarterback was taken in the first round.
What I don't get is if Bray, Patterson and Hunter all project as good pros why did Tennessee suck so hard last year? If there pass attack was loaded with good future NFL level talent? Something doesn't add up here. Reminds me of the Manny Lawson draft. Three NC State defensive linemen went in the first round. NC State did not have a good year. Turns out 2 of the 3 were busts.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
What I don't get is if Bray, Patterson and Hunter all project as good pros why did Tennessee suck so hard last year? If there pass attack was loaded with good future NFL level talent? Something doesn't add up here. Reminds me of the Manny Lawson draft. Three NC State defensive linemen went in the first round. NC State did not have a good year. Turns out 2 of the 3 were busts.

Bray is a head case. He was benched in some games just because he's not mature enough to handle the pressure of being a big time quarterback (yet). But on the bright side of the response I have: Tennessee averaged 36.2 PPG (22nd in the nation) and 315.6 passing YPG (15th in the nation), including games against Georgia, Florida, Alabama, and South Carolina, all of which finished the season ranked in the top ten. And each of them has some pretty good NFL talent on their defenses... They lost so many games because they stunk at defense and had no rushing game to play with.
Share 49ersWebzone