LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 268 users in the forums

Texas A&M Wr Ryan Swope

Stock is rising for this guy is surprising WR at the combine with his 4.34, 16 reps, 125 broad jump, 37 vertical
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
Stock is rising for this guy is surprising WR at the combine with his 4.34, 16 reps, 125 broad jump, 37 vertical

His midget hands are going to be a major concern that teams will weigh heavily with the other measurables.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Feb 24, 2013 at 12:29 PM ]
The black Wes Welker
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
The black Wes Welker

He is white bro
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

His midget hands are going to be a major concern that teams will weigh heavily with the other measurables.

No doubt his hands are small but his production was real good his speed was a real ? he helped himself not as a Top Wr

I think he'll still end up going right around his original projections--somewhere around Round 3.
No doubt his hands are small but his production was real good his speed was a real ? he helped himself not as a Top Wr

The thing is he doesn't play as fast as his timed speed, his biggest assets have always been his quickness to generate separation and his toughness to go over the middle and make plays on crossing routes but with how small his hands are, I worry about ball control issues coming into play, especially from much more aggressive NFL defenders laying out violent hits to knock the ball loose.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
The black Wes Welker

He is white bro

No, he's the black wes welker
Originally posted by JamesGatz83:
I think he'll still end up going right around his original projections--somewhere around Round 3.

I think he's in that range, maybe more towards the back end of Round 3.

Only if the film shows a lot of drops. I think film trumps measurables especially size of hands.

Shocked at the speed, and not because he's white....it's because he doesn't play that fast when you watch him. Really glad for him though as this should put him solidly in the 2nd/maybe early 3rd.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Only if the film shows a lot of drops. I think film trumps measurables especially size of hands.

Its not what happened in the past, its what could happen in the future, the same reason why Russell Wilson was a 3rd round pick. Teams will worry, and reasonably so, that he's going to get into trouble in the NFL, for that reason, I don't see him really moving up in spite of his other positive numbers........8 inch hands on a 6 foot receiver are pretty damn small.

I still think he's got the potential to be a very good slot receiver, but there's not a team that won't pause and think about the tiny hand factor before committing to him.
The thing is he doesn't play as fast as his timed speed, his biggest assets have always been his quickness to generate separation and his toughness to go over the middle and make plays on crossing routes but with how small his hands are, I worry about ball control issues coming into play, especially from much more aggressive NFL defenders laying out violent hits to knock the ball loose.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=eCosoGT0beM#!
I posted this video in another thread, he looks pretty fast in this highlight reel. Most of the experts say he has great hands and is hard worker. If he fell to the 3rd rd I would love to see sf use one of the 3 picks on him. He could make a very productive slot receiver.
[ Edited by jdp88 on Feb 24, 2013 at 12:46 PM ]

Its not what happened in the past, its what could happen in the future, the same reason why Russell Wilson was a 3rd round pick. Teams will worry, and reasonably so, that he's going to get into trouble in the NFL, for that reason, I don't see him really moving up in spite of his other positive numbers........8 inch hands on a 6 foot receiver are pretty damn small.

I still think he's got the potential to be a very good slot receiver, but there's not a team that won't pause and think about the tiny hand factor before committing to him.

Sure the hands are small but I dont think they will have any impact on his draft status unless the film shows drops. If the film does show that then it will be a concern.

Sure the hands are small but I dont think they will have any impact on his draft status unless the film shows drops. If the film does show that then it will be a concern.

Not sure it had anything to do with the small hands thing, but it was interesting that I thought Swope struggled a little today in the gauntlet. He didn't look as natural catching passes as I had though he would. It's just one drill and I'm sure a larger body of film work will show better hands, but I was a little surprised.
Share 49ersWebzone