There are 249 users in the forums

808niner4lyphe MOCK DRAFT 1.0

Really good draft enjoyed reading it.

I really like the Matthieu, and Thomas picks but I would still bring in an experienced FS or CB in FA as I don't want both starting they'll be slaughtered.
Originally posted by eonblue:
I disagree with your analysis of Goodwin. He actually was very solid and his experience at reading the defense was immense in the post season. He's well worth his salary but since your cutting him you should've at least 3-4 rd pick on Schweinke from UCLA. The scouts went to 4 UCLA games so I have feeling they're going to pick him.

I agree with you that he's got a lot of experience reading defenses buy that doesn't take away the fact that he was getting pushed back 3 out of 5 plays throught the whole season. The SB game he was getting pushed back from Ngata and Kemoeatu constantly while Iupati, and Boone held their ground against those guys, in fact they demolished those two guys. I believe we already have a replacement at center on our roster with Kilgore or Looney. Kilgore sat behind Goodwin for 2 yrs and Looney for 1 yr they know our scheme and should be able to read defenses and make calls on the line.
I agree Rogers should not cover the slot anymore. But he can still handle guys on the outside. Mathieau is certainly not the answer for the slot. I think he would be better to play SS than CB. However he is a good returner. Also, we need to address WR earlier unless we make a splash in FA which is highly unlikely. Maybe where you have us taking Manuel because he most likely be a late first rounder or second round pick.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Doesn't Whitner make the defensive calls as well? I believe he is only signed for one more season. I don't mind drafting a safety. In fact, we should regardless if we get Dashon Goldson signed to a longterm deal. However since Whitner's contract expires next year, it won't kill us to keep him this final season. I also don't get cutting two starters from a secondary where the pass defense ranked 4th (they were 16th last year). The release of Goodwin makes a little more sense only because we may already have a replacement on the team.

The release of Goodwin makes a little more sense only because we may already have a replacement on the team. I like this mock gave us a lot of good young talent on the defensive line if that trade scenario with Kansas City were to happen. Probably one of the best combination 3-4 defensive ends and 3-4 nose tackles that would be available with Jones and Williams, and then went back to DE/DT later in the draft. Those first two picks and the 6th round pick would make this draft a success . Phillip Thomas gives us another safety that can come in and start eventually, leaving us with no void to fill on our defense in 2014 when Whitner's contract is up. As it relates to EJ Manuel, I like him, but I'd actually be surprised if we went with a QB this high for insurance purposes only. Unless this is some kind of long range plan to coach up Manuel and eventually trade him a few years down the road to some QB needy team, we need to use our picks in the first three rounds to draft guys that will start for us eventually. I'd go for a corner here at that spot giving us Rogers, Brown, Culliver, Cox, and a rookie (I'd let Brock walk). I think we bring Delanie Walker back and draft a TE a little later, but you have a good replacement in line in the event we don't so I have no problem with picking up a TE.

I'm curious as to how will we be getting a 3rd round comp pick? What free agent loss would net us a pick that high? I believe Morgan and Manningham cancel each other out, so it must be Adam Snyder. He got a nice deal, but a 3rd round pick for the loss of him? In the event that we do get an extra 3rd (I'd probably say 4th), I'd take a shot on Marcus Lattimore. I have nothing against the Mathieu pick. I actually posted that I'm on the bandwagon in one of the other threads lol. But I'd wait until the 5th.

All in all, a good draft that gives us immediate help in most of our major weaknesses (covering slot receivers, a D-line rotation and replacement for Justin Smith, and kicker). Those four picks alone panning out would give this draft a really good grade.

Am I in the minority in thinking that we aren't as thin in receiver as people would think? We were a team that finished the season averaging 30 + points a game. This is with Michael Crabtree and Randy Moss who was only good for 2-3 catches a game as a STARTER. I know people are not sold on AJ Jenkins, but despite what people may feel about him, Jenkins should be able to handle matching that production and would be a true deep threat opposite of Crabtree. Kyle Williams will be back and I expect him to continue looking good with CK throwing him the ball. The sleeping giant that is Vernon Davis was awakened and we all saw what he did. This would once again leave some very favorable matchups for whoever is our #2 TE next year, LaMichael James or Kendall Hunter in the passing game. and Bruce Miller who is a better pass catcher than many realize.

I feel the same way....I dont think we aren't as thin in WR as a lot of people think. We got Crabtree, V.Davis and I really believe Jenkins will step his game up this year and with Manningham and Williams back from injuries I think were pretty good there along with R.Lockette, i think Lockette is going to surprise everybody this year, he's got amazing speed and already working out with Kaep in Atlanta for chemistry shows the work ethic he has. I feel a lot better with this group of WRs than a year ago going into the offseason. Of course were gonna bring some competition in via draft or FA but I feel good with the guys that we have now.
[ Edited by 808niner4lyphe on Feb 23, 2013 at 12:32 PM ]
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
U kinda stole my name

U want a candy for it?
Best mock I have ever seen.
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
U kinda stole my name

U want a candy for it?

Li Hing Mui Gummy Bears brah
U kinda stole my name

U want a candy for it?

Cuz u going store? I take some mochi crunch if can. Get da popcorn already. Right on..
Nice mock man. Was just reading bout the bowling green dt. Liking him too.
Originally posted by Nalo9er:
U kinda stole my name

U want a candy for it?

Cuz u going store? I take some mochi crunch if can. Get da popcorn already. Right on..

Cant forget the furikake
Originally posted by Nalo9er:
U kinda stole my name

U want a candy for it?

Cant forget the furikake

Haha yup. Got that too

Don't necessarily agree on all your analysis's but if this mock happened I'd ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!!!!!!! Top to bottom GO NINERS!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone