There are 219 users in the forums

49ers808 first mock

I'm not including all picks cuz I believe we'll be trading up some and trading later round picks for next year.
In my mock we trade Alex and a 5th rd pick to the Chiefs for their second.

1. Datone Jones DE
2a. Jonathan Cyprien FS/SS KC trade
2b. Da'Rick Rodgers WR
3a. Brandon Jenkins DE/OLB Carolina pick
3b. Tharold Simon CB
4. Kwame Geathers NT
4 (comp) Ace Saunders WR/KR/PR
5a. Levine Toilolo TE
5b. Dustin Hopkins K
Originally posted by 49ers808:
I'm not including all picks cuz I believe we'll be trading up some and trading later round picks for next year.
In my mock we trade Alex and a 5th rd pick to the Chiefs for their second.

1. Datone Jones DE
2a. Jonathan Cyprien FS/SS KC trade
2b. Da'Rick Rodgers WR
3a. Brandon Jenkins DE/OLB Carolina pick
3b. Tharold Simon CB
4. Kwame Geathers NT
4 (comp) Ace Saunders WR/KR/PR
5a. Levine Toilolo TE
5b. Dustin Hopkins K

Love it. Simon its awful though. He's a zone corner barely. Completely the
opposite our man system. I would pick a corner in 2nd like poyer and then draft a wr and pass rusher in 3rd.
Kicker in the 5th

Good s**t
A really nice draft. I see Kwame Geathers going to the 49ers in many mocks.
great draft
Whenever I see a high pick received in return for Alex Smith (even with a low SF pick thrown in), it throws the whole draft projection into the TOO SPECULATIVE and UNREALISTIC category. I believe people should just leave Alex out of the equation in their projections. If the Niners do get anything for Alex, it'll jus be gravy.
I like the positions selected... and getting an extra 2nd via KC seems possible (although we may have to make it AS + a 3rd or 4th rounder to get them to bite since their 2nd is so high and our 5th is so low).

However, I don't know much about most of these guys. A brief synopsis of their strengths/weaknesses would be nice.
Originally posted by Rsrkshn:
Whenever I see a high pick received in return for Alex Smith (even with a low SF pick thrown in), it throws the whole draft projection into the TOO SPECULATIVE and UNREALISTIC category. I believe people should just leave Alex out of the equation in their projections. If the Niners do get anything for Alex, it'll jus be gravy.

I really think the market for Smith will pick up big time after the combine. A team like KC will covet his affordable contract and the ability to secure his services without getting into a bidding war will be worth trading a pick.

But you are right, KCs 2nd is pretty much a late 1st rounder. But I think packaging Smith with our 3rd would be a fair trade.
Originally posted by blm7754:
Originally posted by Rsrkshn:

I really think the market for Smith will pick up big time after the combine. A team like KC will covet his affordable contract and the ability to secure his services without getting into a bidding war will be worth trading a pick.

But you are right, KCs 2nd is pretty much a late 1st rounder. But I think packaging Smith with our 3rd would be a fair trade.

Alex and a fourth (essentially Niners' 3rd round pick) for a late first rounder?!! Come on man!!
Nicely done. My last one was very similar, except I didn't think we'd be able to get Jones at #31. Would be huge for us if he falls.

I also had us getting Geathers, Hopkins, Jenkins, and Da'Rick Rogers. Really like all 4 players.

Like all of the picks except for Tharold Simon. I would prefer another CB like Leon McFadden or BW Webb who both showed well at the Senior Bowl over Simon.

Other than that, nice mock.
Share 49ersWebzone