There are 147 users in the forums

Combine thread

Originally posted by ishkabibel:
Regarding the offfield issue at FSU, did you mean Long's issues at Oregon or did I miss something?

Thanks for your "hands on" perspective during combine.

He did not have any issues at Oregon that I am aware of. While on a baseball scholarship at FSU something happened (the issues I referenced) and left. He went to a JC, elected to play football and than made his way to Oregon. No clue what happened but I'm sure he has addressed with so many teams interested in him and because you know his father straightened him out
  • jimrat
  • Veteran

Shamarko Thomas
[ Edited by jimrat on Feb 26, 2013 at 6:30 PM ]
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by Wrathman:
I want Xavier Rhodes from FSU. He is big, fast, and intimidating. He is the press corner we need!

I like him also.

Dude got burned by Givens in college

Who be Givens?

He's the Rams deep threat. Providing him with a tasty piece of toast twice a year isn't my idea of a good 1st round pick.

Deion Sanders likes the kid but admits he looks more like a safety to him
Originally posted by bulldog54:
Regarding the offfield issue at FSU, did you mean Long's issues at Oregon or did I miss something?

He did not have any issues at Oregon that I am aware of. While on a baseball scholarship at FSU something happened (the issues I referenced) and left. He went to a JC, elected to play football and than made his way to Oregon. No clue what happened but I'm sure he has addressed with so many teams interested in him and because you know his father straightened him out

Long had an alcohol problem at FSU. Got a DWI then left college.
Originally posted by jimrat:

Shamarko Thomas

I was actually thinking about someone tripping lol
Originally posted by drake49er:
Originally posted by bulldog54:

Long had an alcohol problem at FSU. Got a DWI then left college.

I was unaware. Thanks for info.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
[ Edited by jimrat on Feb 26, 2013 at 6:57 PM ]
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jimrat:

Shamarko Thomas

I owe Thomas a wad of money. My two year old son was rolling on the ground, full belly laugh, for more than 30 minutes. Thank you, Mr. Thomas.
I may end up doing a post combine write up, but here were some guys who really stood out to me:
1. Terron Armstead lit up the track, and then looked great in drills. His footwork is stunning.
2. Jonathan Cooper may end up the best player in this draft. He is just studly in every way. So smooth for a big guy.
3. Cornelius Washington really caught my eye during Senior Bowl week had a terrific combine. I think the kid has mad upside and will be drafted far early than most pundits believe.
4. Love BW Webb. Nobody talked about him today, but terrific forty time, and sensational in drills. Blown away by his form and balance in backpeddling. He may have been thr best looking DB in drills today.
5. The WR class is so open, as many as twenty guys may end up taking the mantle of best WR in this class. Do you trust some of the guys who have transferred due to all kinds of circumstances, but have great height/weight/ speed measurables, or stick with guys who put up big numbers with a lot of college starts. It truly is beauty in the eye of the beholder.
6. The MLB class is slowly melting into oblivion. Ogletree is a stud, but a hot mess. Manti is flat out coo-coo. Wouldn't trust him as a team leader at MLB. Minter has some holes in his game.
7. Tyler Eifert is clearly the class at TE, and it is not close.
8. Shariff Floyd is three years younger than Sheldon Richardson. Imagine how much better than Richardson he will be in three years.
9. Dion Jordan made himself a ton of money. Explosive. I think top 5 pick.
10. Desmond Trufant is a kid you want on your team. To me, the difference between Trufant and Milliner is slim.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Feb 27, 2013 at 11:37 AM ]

Originally posted by MadDog49er:
I owe Thomas a wad of money. My two year old son was rolling on the ground, full belly laugh, for more than 30 minutes. Thank you, Mr. Thomas.

I hope the 49ers draft him.....late 5th or late 6th round, to be used for special teams purposes mostly.
I may end up doing a post combine write up, but here were some guys who really stood out to me:
1. Terron Armstead lit up the track, and then looked great in drills. His footwork is stunning.
2. Jonathan Cooper may end up the best player in this draft. He is just studly in every way. So smooth for a big guy.
3. Cornelious Washington really caught my eye during Senior Bowl week had a terrific combine. I think the kid has mad upside and will be drafted far early than most pundits believe.
4. Love BW Webb. Nobody talked about him today, but terrific forty time, and sensational in drills. Blown away by his form and balance in backpeddling. He may have been thr best looking DB in drills today.
5. The WR class is so open, as many as twenty guys may end up taking the mantle of best WR in this class. Do you trust some of the guys who have transferred due to all kinds of circumstances, but have great height/weight/ speed measurables, or stick with guys who put up big numbers with a lot of college starts. It truly is beauty in the eye of the beholder.
6. The MLB class is slowly melting into oblivion. Ogletree is a stud, but a hot mess. Manti is flat out coo-coo. Wouldn't trust him as a team leader at MLB. Minter has some holes in his game.
8. Shariff Floyd is three years younger than Sheldon Richardson. Imagine how much better than Richardson he will be in three years.
10. Desmond Trufant is a kid you want on your team. To me, the difference between Trufant and Milliner is slim.

People talked trash about Teo, but honestly, Minter looked pretty mediocre out there, wasn't impressed by him whatsoever.

I do love Trufant, I think he's gone in the Top 18 picks now, he made himself a lot of dough at the Senior Bowl and Combine. Basically dominated the offseason and made it his b***h.
3. Cornelious Washington really caught my eye during Senior Bowl week had a terrific combine. I think the kid has mad upside and will be drafted far early than most pundits believe.

Really like what little I have seen in Washington. Where do you expect him to go now? I saw him listed as a 7th but looks like at least a mid rounder. .. not that I am the expert
Gotta Be Barkevius Mingo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gODZzSOelss
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Really like what little I have seen in Washington. Where do you expect him to go now? I saw him listed as a 7th but looks like at least a mid rounder. .. not that I am the expert

I think he is right at the back end of the third round, but with the potential to go higher. Great Senior Bowl week and great combine. Violent pass rush attact during Senior Bowl practices. Gave some of the better OT's a real challenge.
Share 49ersWebzone