LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 151 users in the forums

Combine thread

Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
I wonder if there's any chance Jonathan Banks is available close to our pick.

Anything is possible this year: Dee Milliner, Desmond Trufant, Jordan Poyer and Xavier Rhodes have a chance to go ahead of him at CB. Could also see Kenny Vaccaro, Matt Elam and Jonathan Cyprien go in the first too, that is a pretty good number of DB's for the first round. Banks would really need to fit the teams system to go in the first round.

wow, that's the first time I've heard anyone say Poyer could go in the 1st. i always felt he'd be a solid 2nd rounder but i guess we'll wait and see how he does.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Man, this draft is deep in what we're looking for.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Feb 26, 2013 at 8:36 AM ]
I wonder if there's any chance Jonathan Banks is available close to our pick.

Anything is possible this year: Dee Milliner, Desmond Trufant, Jordan Poyer and Xavier Rhodes have a chance to go ahead of him at CB. Could also see Kenny Vaccaro, Matt Elam and Jonathan Cyprien go in the first too, that is a pretty good number of DB's for the first round. Banks would really need to fit the teams system to go in the first round.

wow, that's the first time I've heard anyone say Poyer could go in the 1st. i always felt he'd be a solid 2nd rounder but i guess we'll wait and see how he does.
He is borderline I think, I have heard him in interviews a number of times and he is a pretty smart guy and good leader.
Dwayne Gratz in the 2nd/early 3rd.
Matt Elam looks like a beast. Possible Donte Whitner clone

too bad he's got hands of stone doe

So he IS a Whitner clone!
Jordan Poyer: 4.46 first time
Rhodes just solidified his 1st round stock. 4.41 first attempt
Darius Slay with an unofficial 4.37
My sleeper Keelan Johnson with a 4.47 40

Wow, and I thought it was Slay who might move to safety because of lack of speed....that might turn out to be Banks.

Trufant 4.31 .... wow
Vaccaro looks like Kaep's brother
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

Wow, and I thought it was Slay who might move to safety because of lack of speed....that might turn out to be Banks.

I was surprised by the time a bit, I knew he had good straight line speed but that is pretty quick.
Originally posted by SammyFrancisco:
4.4 40-dash, 4 reps on bench, checkered past...if we take him, it better be a 5th

Agree. Did not look great in the backpedal/change-of-direction drill either. Corners who lack size need to make up for it with superior quickness and athleticism.

Must have been looking at a different player. He looked like one of the most smooth and fluid guys in the drills, and showed great ball skills (getting ball at it's highest point).
Trufant 4.31 .... wow

Damn that's fast! If we do get KC's 2nd with the Alex Smith trade (fingers crossed) I'd say draft him.
Share 49ersWebzone