LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 238 users in the forums

2012 Do-Over Mock

Here's SI's take. Hindsight - only if.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130207/2012-nfl-draft-redo/?sct=uk_wr_a2

Who wopuld you have taken?

I'm a trenches guy and DL for me. Best DL available.
If I could re-do the draft I would take Russell Wilson in the first instead AJ Jenkins just to keep him away from the Seacocks.
At the time the offense was 26th in the league and the defense was 3rd. Jenkins has been a depressing first but I don't disagree with the idea of picking a WR because at the time we needed production at that area much much more than on defense. There were a lot of good prospects at DE last year though. If Brockers made it to us I would've picked him in a heartbeat. He's going to be one the best.
Can't wait for Jenkins to produce......he's gonna shine next year!!!!
Agree on Brockers.

Who do you see BPA at DE/NT that we might realisticlly take a chance to move up to?
Not giving up on Jenkins yet, but a quality DL would have been great.
I'm okay with not picking up Reyes b/c of the depth of DL we have coming into this draft (expect 3 DL picks EASY!), but it would've been nice to have him to spell out Justin and keep him healthy this season.
They are right...a DE would have done us more good this season than AJ did. But hopefully moving forward AJ shows up.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Agree on Brockers.

Who do you see BPA at DE/NT that we might realisticlly take a chance to move up to?

Most people agree on Datone Jones as a first pick. I would love to see Sheldon richardson but hes going mid round. Jesse williams would be a versatile answer to the line. He can play NT/DE. He lacks in pass rush but Saban isnt known for developing pass rushers so maybe he just needs coaching. One guy I think everyone is overlooking is Bennie Logan from LSU. Hes 6'4 has long arms and is very explosive. Pushes off the double team. He
Reyes would have been a great pick last year. He was a perfect 3-4 DE that was sitting there for the Niners to grab. Wish we could redo the entire 2012 draft.

To me, the biggest 9er weakness in the past two years has been the lack of a consistent and reliable 3rd down and red zone target...

Hence, the player I would have taken in the 2012 draft is Stanford TE Coby Fleener. Fleener is 6'6", very athletic, can jump, and has terrific hands. Had the team had him, I firmly believe they would have won the Super Bowl going away...

CB Janoris Jenkins would have been a nice option as well. Both players would have made a far bigger contribution than AJ Jenkins.
[ Edited by nw9erfan on Feb 11, 2013 at 11:21 PM ]
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Reyes would have been a great pick last year. He was a perfect 3-4 DE that was sitting there for the Niners to grab. Wish we could redo the entire 2012 draft.

seriously...but it didnt seem like anyone saw our need at DT before last years draft =/ i for sure didnt forsee our lack of depth
[ Edited by JustinNiner on Feb 13, 2013 at 12:40 PM ]
Simple do over:

30th pick = Doug Martin RB
61st pick = Dwayne Allen TE
Should of stayed at 92 = T. Y. Hilton WR

Indy got over on us. Draft do overs are great!
Share 49ersWebzone