There are 198 users in the forums

Ryan Swope-WR-Texas A&M

We need this guy in the slot and maybe can stretch the field with that 4.3 speed
Swope has the best hands of any WR in this draft and is a great route runner...Of all the WRs in this draft he is my favorate
[ Edited by Orlando49erfan on Apr 1, 2013 at 4:32 AM ]
Originally posted by Wheelz29:
We need this guy in the slot and maybe can stretch the field with that 4.3 speed

I don't know. I thought a lot of Crabtree's success last year came from the slot. I think the Niners need a true flanker and/or split end. Someone who can fill the role that Moss was brought in for last year, just a younger version.
As much as I love Swope, Justin Hunter or Da'Rick Rogers are maybe a better fit alongside Crabtree

That is all.
Originally posted by Orlando49erfan:
Swope has the best hands of any WR in this draft and is a great route runner...Of all the WRs in this draft he is my favorate

And some of the smallest too (8.48, tied for 2nd smallest hands among all WRs). Tiny hands controversy all over again.

Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
And some of the smallest too (8.48, tied for 2nd smallest hands among all WRs). Tiny hands controversy all over again.

It is something to see him catch 4 footballs with those small hands...Dude is a freak for sure
Correction: 5 footballs!
Originally posted by Orlando49erfan:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

It is something to see him catch 4 footballs with those small hands...Dude is a freak for sure

So... this hand size thing is lacking real info for one simple reason... You're getting the measurement from pad of the palm below the thumb to the tip of your middle finger.

What really matters is surface area of the entire hand. Got an off-set thumb and a long middle finger, you measure 9 inches, but you've got skinny fingers and palms.

Which leaves a lot of grey area. really they should do a hand print and calculate the surface area.

Fat hands better than long hands.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Guy ran a 4.26? Wow.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDEQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nfldraftscout.com%2Fratings%2Fdsprofile.php%3Fpyid%3D91136%26draftyear%3D2013%26genpos%3DWR&ei=j2p4UZzPJaX7iwKDuYCwCQ&usg=AFQjCNH4z3FIh-GIsNyNALKVT5fDkTIwLQ&sig2=fkfiUvic9jh5mTQsw5OF4g&bvm=bv.45645796,d.cGE
[ Edited by mayo49 on Apr 24, 2013 at 4:29 PM ]

Originally posted by mayo49:
Guy ran a 4.28? Wow.

you dont see it when you watch am games..maybe because of the way he was used
If it came down to it, would you rather have Swope or Da'Rick Rogers...DR can do all the things Swope can do, but his size, strength and "want to" are superior. He ran a 4.44. For me, it's no contest, Rogers is the man. Chances are, Baalke's only going to draft one WR.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hofer36:
you dont see it when you watch am games..maybe because of the way he was used

as an A & M fan that's exactly the reason. rarely used to stretch the field. but when they did he was money. he was more hitch, slants, screens for some reason. When asked to do more he was waaay more than capable. the system just didn't call for it.

I LOVE Ryan Swope. Wouldn't mind him here. just don't think he really fits what we do... But however.... he too was a RB at 1st say maybe he could be used in a poor man's Tavon Austin kind of way.

But think he would best fit the Patriots. If they selected him to take over Welker's role. it would seemless and scary.
does swope do any special teams duties?
  • krizay
  • Veteran
I want to say yes, but I recall him doing much over the past couple of years. but that's not to say he hasn't or can't
Share 49ersWebzone