There are 170 users in the forums

Week 6 Prospect Watch

Alright everybody, we are getting to the point where we start seeing who the true prospects are!

Thursday
USC at Utah, 6PM ESPN

USC
-WR Robert Woods*
-QB Matt Barkley
-S T.J. McDonald
-C Khaled Holmes
-DE/OLB Morgan Breslin*
-CB Nickell Robley*

Utah
-DT Star Lotulelei
-OLB Trevor Reilly*
-DE Joe Kruger*
-OG Sam Brenner

Friday
Pittsburgh at Syracuse, 4PM ESPN

Pittsburgh
-RB Ray Graham
-WR Mike Shanahan
-WR Devin Street*
-OG Chris Jacobsen
-S Jared Holley

Syracuse
-WR Marcus Sales
-S Shamarko Thomas

Saturday
Kansas at Kansas State, 9AM FX

Kansas
-S Bradley McDougald

Kansas State
-CB Nigel Malone
-OLB Arthur Brown
-S Ty Zimmerman*
-OT/OG Cornelius Lucas*
-RB John Hubert*

LSU at Florida, 12:30 CBS

LSU
-DE/OLB Sam Montgomery*
-S Eric Ried*
-DE/OLB Barkevious Mingo*
-MLB Kevin Minter*
-CB Tharold Simon*
-OT Alex Hurst

Florida
-OLB Jonathan Bostric
-S Matt Elam*
-DT Sharrif Floyd*
-RB Mike Gillislee
-TE Jordan Reed*

West Virginia at Texas, 4PM Fox

West Virginia
-QB Geno Smith
-WR Tavon Austin
-WR Stedman Bailey*
-OG Jeff Braun
-OLB Terence Garvin

Texas
-DE/OLB Jackson Jeffcoat*
-DE/OLB Alex Okafor
-S Kenny Vacarro
-WR Mike Davis*
-OLB Jordan Hicks*
-CB Carrington Byndom*

Washington at Oregon, 7:30 ESPN

Washington
-CB Desmond Trufant
-OG Eric Kohler*

Oregon
-RB Kenjon Barner
-OG Nick Cody
-DE Dion Jordan
-MLB Michael Clay
-OLB Kiko Alonso
-DT/DE Taylor Hart*
-DT Isaac Remington
we better draft some hard core SEC guys this year
Great list. Should be another fun weekend of college football.
Desmond Trufant and Dion Jordan have been getting positive reviews.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:

Would love to draft Desmond Trufant but we have three solid corners in Rogers, Brown and Culliver. Perrish Cox is also a solid #4, really don't think Trufant would supplant Rogers or Brown.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Would love to draft Desmond Trufant but we have three solid corners in Rogers, Brown and Culliver. Perrish Cox is also a solid #4, really don't think Trufant would supplant Rogers or Brown.

Can never have too many good corners and Rogers is 31(32 next august)
Originally posted by sfout:
Can never have too many good corners and Rogers is 31(32 next august)
This
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Brown is just solid.
Originally posted by communist:
This
Brown is just solid.

And we only have him for this year and next if you want to think about the future. I know we are solid but we could think of it 1 of 2 ways: Draft a CB mid to late to upgrade over Brock at #5 or draft a cb high who can potentially be a 1 or 2 and make the entire group better by moving guys down the board making Cox #5.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
So pumped for tonights Utah USC game. Lotulelei against Holmes is going to be a great matchup to watch, 1st round center against a top 10 DT .
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Wow. Lotulelei just caused 1 bad snap that was stripped from barkley and taken to the end zone, then Khalid holmes had another bad snap that lotulelei recovered right at the LOS.

Utah just scored a TD after the 2nd fumble recover. Kenneth Scott with a great fade route catch by the way, I'm hoping this kid can keep progressing because he looks legit for next season.

Utah 14 USC 0
[ Edited by sfout on Oct 4, 2012 at 6:13 PM ]

Wow. Lotulelei just caused 1 bad snap that was stripped from barkley and taken to the end zone, then Khalid holmes had another bad snap that lotulelei recovered right at the LOS.

Utah just scored a TD after the 2nd fumble recover.

Utah 14 USC 0

damn Thanks for the updates, I'm going to mis the 1st quarter (Stuck at work ).
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

Utah just scored a TD after the 2nd fumble recover.

Utah 14 USC 0

damn Thanks for the updates, I'm going to mis the 1st quarter (Stuck at work ).

NP Lotulelei just got into the backfield and tackled SIlas Redd for 3 yard loss. Hes beasting all over Holmes.

EDIT: Barkley, just stayed composed and hit Lee for a 20 yarder over the middle. During which Holmes was getting pushed aside by Lotulelei with 1 hand lol. As I'm typing this he just tackled Redd for another loss but it was negated by a facemask he ended up getting a finger in his helmet.

jesus Lotulelei just had an open field tackle on Marquis Lee that saved a FD maybe a TD in the red zone.

USC just scored with a Silas Redd goal line TD. Holmes and the LG got good push on the play to open a hole for him.
[ Edited by sfout on Oct 4, 2012 at 6:25 PM ]
NP Lotulelei just got into the backfield and tackled SIlas Redd for 3 yard loss. Hes beasting all over Holmes.

EDIT: Barkley, just stayed composed and hit Lee for a 20 yarder over the middle. During which Holmes was getting pushed aside by Lotulelei with 1 hand lol. As I'm typing this he just tackled Redd for another loss but it was negated by a facemask he ended up getting a finger in his helmet.

jesus Lotulelei just had an open field tackle on Marquis Lee that saved a FD maybe a TD in the red zone.

USC just scored with a Silas Redd goal line TD.

Damn, sounds like Lotulelei is playing with a vengance. I thought he started off the year strong, but not as the uber dominant guy he can be.

And looks like stat-wise Marquise Lee is blowing up. You on the same boat with me that Lee > Woods
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Damn, sounds like Lotulelei is playing with a vengance. I thought he started off the year strong, but not as the uber dominant guy he can be.

And looks like stat-wise Marquise Lee is blowing up. You on the same boat with me that Lee > Woods

Yea Star is just crushing them.

Yea I do think Lee is better.

TJ McDonald just had a great "goldsonesque" open field tackle to force an incompletion on 3rd and long

EDIT: being a Ute fan I need to note that legacy WR Dres Anderson had a huge catch and run negated by holding by the OL to force the 3rd and long. The Utes have 2 WRs in Kenneth Scott and Dres Anderson to watch for future drafts.

EDIT2: Barkley just threw a near INT on a play action rollout to Woods

EDIT3: Ute CB Ryan Lacy with 2 great plays. on a 3rd & 5 he had great coverage on Woods that just a bit too physical and was flagged for PI. Next 3rd down he made a great open field tackle on a screen pass to the fullback to force 4th down.

EDIT4: TJ McDonald with a great pass defense along with a CB to force an incompletion and a 4th and long.

Woods just threw a block on the resulting punt return that involved an inadvertent helmet to helmet. woods just stumped 10 yards and dropped the field but was able to get up and walk off the field.

End of the 1st quarter
[ Edited by sfout on Oct 4, 2012 at 6:45 PM ]
  • sfout
  • Veteran
nykail Roby with a great punt return to set USC up with short field.

Holmes and the rest of USC OL got great push to open up a huge hole for 20 yard run for Redd.

on the next play Barkley just threw the wrong pass and it was flat out dropped by the Utah safety for another near INT.

EDIT:

Utah RB John White with a couple nice runs so far tonight.

EDIT2: Jon Hayes just hit WR DeVonte Christopher on a great out route for 27 yards.

EDIT3: DeVonte Christopher with a 17 yard TD reception

EDIT4: Barkley just hit Woods on a post route for 40 yards, Woods picked about 20 yards YAC

EDIT5: USC TE Randall Telver with a great 1 handed TD catch from a beautiful pass by Barkley.

EDIT6: Robert Woods with 6 yard TD
[ Edited by sfout on Oct 4, 2012 at 7:27 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone