LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 150 users in the forums

Stephen Hill - 2 TD's today and 90 yards

Originally posted by tjd808185:
Nothing against Hill I think he's a fantastic prospect and can end up being an elite receiver, he's got the skills, but how good he ends up has nothing to do with the AJ Jenkins selection.

If AJ Jenkins ends up being as good as Jennings who cares if you could have gotten a different great receiver.

As far as him not playing now. Well we drafted him for the long term not the short term. We're fine at receiver right now. You know how many yards Victor Cruz had in his rookie season? Try 0. 1,500 yards in his 2nd season when he did get the opportunity. Show some patience.

this thread is still up??
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Nothing against Hill I think he's a fantastic prospect and can end up being an elite receiver, he's got the skills, but how good he ends up has nothing to do with the AJ Jenkins selection.

If AJ Jenkins ends up being as good as Jennings who cares if you could have gotten a different great receiver.

As far as him not playing now. Well we drafted him for the long term not the short term. We're fine at receiver right now. You know how many yards Victor Cruz had in his rookie season? Try 0. 1,500 yards in his 2nd season when he did get the opportunity. Show some patience.

Victor Cruz was also undrafted. The expectations for a 1st rounder are a tad higher IMO.
I think after one game I"m ready to make a judgement that Hill will be greater than Jerry Rice both on the field and certainly as a commentator.
If:

We win the Superbowl

Jenkins never plays a down

Hill goes for 83 receptions for 1100 yards

We made the right pick

Originally posted by jreff22:

Victor Cruz was also undrafted. The expectations for a 1st rounder are a tad higher IMO.

Well gee... Maybe if you were paying attention we added Randy Moss to this team. Mario Manningham too. Michael Crabtree's p**** foot is finally better and he is healthy. So who is he going to play ahead of? Who? Tell me?

Our WR corps is better than the Jets. If we picked Hill he would sit too.

Jenkins will sit all damn year. That was always the plan. And it doesn't mean he is bad. It means he is a a ROOKIE in a suddenly crowed WR corps. Not to mention he was the #30 pick. It's not a top 10 pick you know. The guy may be in fact very good but you won't find out until year #2.

Colin Kaepernick looked worthless last year. This year in preaseason he made leaps and bounds of progress. Now his high 2nd grade suddenly makes some sense for the first time. Why can't this guy do the same next year? BTW later in this preseason Jenkins was looking better and better and showing speed and separation ability. He will certainly look better next year.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Sep 15, 2012 at 3:11 AM ]
You guys shut up and open your eyes! The truth hurts! We all know it should have been Stephen Hill's name called on that draft card! But baalke made a very, very stupid decision. Hill will be leaps and strides better than jenkins. Jenkins is Rashaun woods 2.0, the guy doesn't even suit up for games. And Stephen Hill is making sportscenter highlights. They said Stephen Hill was a beast in trainning camp and a workout warrior, not including God given gifts of 6'5, with excellent speed and good stregnth a pure west coast WR. While Jenkins showed up to camp out of shape, and unproductive. The guy is to scrawny no size to absorb the punishment and like they said a horrible blocker which is a must in our offense. Which was another strength of Stephen Hill!!! The truth hurts, Jenkins will be cut before 2014
Originally posted by 49ersHeroine:
You guys shut up and open your eyes! The truth hurts! We all know it should have been Stephen Hill's name called on that draft card! But baalke made a very, very stupid decision. Hill will be leaps and strides better than jenkins. Jenkins is Rashaun woods 2.0, the guy doesn't even suit up for games. And Stephen Hill is making sportscenter highlights. They said Stephen Hill was a beast in trainning camp and a workout warrior, not including God given gifts of 6'5, with excellent speed and good stregnth a pure west coast WR. While Jenkins showed up to camp out of shape, and unproductive. The guy is to scrawny no size to absorb the punishment and like they said a horrible blocker which is a must in our offense. Which was another strength of Stephen Hill!!! The truth hurts, Jenkins will be cut before 2014

If you say so buddy.
Last year we heard the same thing about Aldon.
"look at these skinny legs, he'll be eaten up by tackles"
"he is a long shot a total overblown pick"
"baalke you idiot"

14 sacks later
Al Toon looked better than rice immediately after the draft too.

Immediate dividends are not worth as much as full potential. Chill the freak out and show some patience

Originally posted by jreff22:

This is right on in my book. I would much rather have or reciever situation than the Jets with Hill. Go 49ers! I can't wait until we play them.
if anyone thinks hill would be on the active roster either youre completely kidding himself

harbaugh requires and demands a full route tree for his WR which os pne of the main reasons we got jenkins

hill has no knowledge of the route tree all he is doing is running fades and go routes. Thats the only way he will make a difference at least in rookie year and maybe even more

aj can come in and play ... did you guys se how fast he gets to top speed when we ran the fly sweeps?

how he constantly got seperation both in deep and medium level routes

how quickly he gets off his breaks?

why dont you think aldon smith didnt start last year he was LAST on our deoth chart last year i his respective position

i think you guys are extremely short and narrow minded not thinking ahead or from experiences in the past. You guys are just loolling at box scored

like harbaugh said earlier i think aj jenkins is going to be a very good WR in the nfl but why the hell would you rush a player to start when you dont even need him yet
Hmmm, Coach Walsh drafted a kid from Mississippi Valley State, that dropped one ball after another the first half of season one. Big hands, not great speed in the 40, he was looked at by many as a bust. Well, #80 got better as the yr progressed, to become the GOAT WR, and one of football's best players ever. Before raining on Baalke's choice, why not give AJ the benefit of some time, particularly since he has crbtre, mario, moss, all in front of him. He played at Illinois, a big 10 school, so he has seen some decent Ds, but those are a whole lot different than the NFL. I actually believe he was drafted with the intent of learning from those currently on the field, a luxury we haven't had since the Joe Montana days. Look at crbtre. He stunk it up for two yrs, and still is learning. I don't see anything wrong with this pick at all.
Someone else already mentioned ALL DONE. He was a "bust" for those wanting instant gratification. You see how that worked out. Coach and Baalke made sure that AJ could learn the first yr, and brought in immediate help in mario and moss. Keep your pants on. Anybody that thinks baalke and Coach don't know what they are doing doesn't have much patience. Crabtree started immediately , and would have been way better off sitting the pine. Unfortunately we had no other WRs of note.

With Baalke & Harbaugh's team, they have seen to it we have good #2s at QB, RB, WR, DE, DT, LB, DBs, OLs , TEs...and depth is the thing that many fans have not picked up on yet. Last yr in the NFC title game, Coach was confronted with playing the Giants with one TE and one WR(crbs), and that is just not a winnable situation. I don't think he ever wanted to be in that situation again, having to compete with one WR and one TE as the only receivers. Vernon caught a couple, crbs caught what, 2 passes, maybe 3, and none against the Saints. You just can't win like that. Hence, the moves to bring in instant receivers with moss and mario, crbtre is the 3rd WR, and AJ gets to learn...after having a dreadful TC and PS. He'll be fine, and folks knocking baalke need to get used to waiting. Playing AJ right now would just frustrate the kid. You look at his film and he has "it" . He just needs time to learn the NFL. He'll be a better player for it, and Coach and Baalke know that. Mario and moss acquisitions made that possible.
I wouldn't have drafted him either. Their have been several big guys that never pan out. Stephen Hill wasn't even THE MAN on his team in school. They ran Running back focused attack. So with the lack of film and the "Lack of focus" that was placed upon him Baalke overlooked him for someone who had more film, put up numbers and was the man in a balanced offensive attack within a division with decent defense. But please go on...
Wow, did you guys see Hill today? Yeah, me neither.
Share 49ersWebzone