LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 232 users in the forums

JacklegNiner's ONLY MOCK DRAFT...

This is just a Mock and having fun with it. I looked at Pro Football Weekly, OTC's Bigboard, DraftTek, and CBS Sports. Projections can be all over the place so I'm just making an overall guess based on hype and grades.

1st (30) - Reuben Randle (WR): this pick has changed so much. I was not big on Randle at first just because I thought the 1st round was flooded with WR's. I have considered Hill, Jeffery, Fleener and offensive Guards but I think Randle meets the criteria of a big and fast wr. He has strong hands and is a good blocker. I think he can contribute right away but can also learn slowly for a year if Moss and Manningham work out.

1st (31) - Trade with NE - Kevin Zeitler (G): Niners trade back into the first making the webzone instantaneously CRASH...

Harbs and Baalke are going to start taking the NFL by storm. Randle is a pick that could benefit us this year but also helps us to not miss a beat next year when he starts to move his way up the wr depth chart. Zeitler will be used right away and Baelke likes to go get the guy that fits our system. Our line is complete now and Harbaugh's offense can start imposing it's will on other teams.

The 49ers end up making the same trade that NE made with N.O. for Mark Ingram. 49ers give up next years #1 and their 2nd round pick this year. Don't fret Niner fans about the cost for trading. The team is stacked this year and there's a good chance all 7 draft picks won't make the roster. Trading next year's 1st is an even trade for getting the guard we want this year. Unfortunately we lose this years 2nd but we fill 2 major roles on offense.

2nd round pick is gone now...

3rd (92) - Robert Turbin (RB): The Niners might have to move up a little for this one but Turbin is worth it. We have all seen him in the mock drafts. He seems like a Harbaugh guy and the Niners brought him in for a visit. This will load us up with RB's so Dixon might get the boot but Cartwright is for ST, Jacobs is a one year deal and Gore always goes down for a couple of games. Turbin can help keep Gore's legs fresh and help the offense not miss a beat when Gore needs a breather.

4th (125) - Malik Jackson (DE): Justin Smith still has a lot left and Ray Mac is fine as well but if one of them goes down we want the D to remain solid. Malik has added weight but hasn't seemed to miss a beat doing so. 6'5 and 284 pounds and long arms.

5th (165) - Brandon Hardin (S/CB): This guy might not be here at this pick. Because of an injury it is hard to judge where he might fall. Excellent speed and vertical jump. Very physical and is fast enough to play corner if needed. He projects as a safety though. Strong tackler and very explosive. Sounds like a great prospect for whatever round he goes in.

6th (199) - James Hanna (TE): Hanna had a great combine which put him on some teams radars. He wasn't productive in college but he ran a fast 40 time and fits Harbaugh's Big Target TE scheme. 6'4 and 252 with good speed.

7th (237) - Deonte Thompson (CB): Super fast corner that people thought would go undrafted but he has been setup with some private workouts. Never hurts to add speed to the special teams.

Last year the biggest need was helping the defense get off the field and Aldon helped in a major way. This year Baelke needs to make moves to get Harbaugh some more pieces for the offense. Zeitler can start right away and solidify the Oline and Randle and Turbin can help out situationally until they get used to their roles. The main thing is keeping a drive alive on 3rd and short and scoring Td's over FG's.

Have at it and enjoy the draft tomorrow...
first and second for a OG....f**k no
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:

^this

i dont think its a bad moce zeiter is a beast and that leaves no holes for our team this year rather than praying a 2nd round or 3rd round RD can sstart and do the job
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

i dont think its a bad moce zeiter is a beast and that leaves no holes for our team this year rather than praying a 2nd round or 3rd round RD can sstart and do the job

never know who could be at that 1st for us next year....maybe a RB to replace Gore, maybe the next Justin Smith, maybe a FS to replace Goldson, maybe a NT to replace ICE....we have some needs coming up in a year or two.
Originally posted by mike:

^this

ditto

this

plus we dont need anymore RBs, I would change Turbin with an OLB
Great choices, I especially like #1-#7. Keep posting more mocks so I can follow them more closely as you seem to be very knowledgable in the subject.
Or, stand pat, take Silatolu, Quick & Turbin without giving up anything.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

Yeah. The goal in theory is that we have very little holes on the team so you make the trade this year to plug them up and next year you still won't have to deal with them.

Originally posted by niners9:
this

plus we dont need anymore RBs, I would change Turbin with an OLB
Turbin is replacing Gore. Just like Kaep is sitting on the bench to learn and eventually take over. You don't wait until Gore retires to replace him. Bring fresh legs in now just in case of an injury and let Turbin become implemenetd into the offense.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:

Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

Yep. +1 Same concept and way less cost.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

If we could stand pat and land those guys I would be all for it. Normally if a player has impressed us, than he has impressed other teams as well and I think that's why Baelke takes the aggressive approach and gives up picks to go and get the guys he wants rather than just wait to see what the board brings him. We traded for A. Davis, Kaep and Kilgore. Most people agree that Baelke has done a great job in the draft and Kilgore and Kaep haven't played at all.
Share 49ersWebzone