LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 272 users in the forums

I'm very happy with our "30 at 30" options, except for two players

U don't have a list of top Kickers....
Give me Stephen Hill. Let's GO!
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by kem99:
Hmmm...I am not a huge Kendall Wright fan but I think you are being overly critical. His tape is among the best of the WRs. He denies the body fat thing and said a team tested him when the story came out and told him it was 8%. And, even if you assume that your on field criticisms are correct, one could make the argument that slot receiver remains a hole as Kyle Williams was probably the 49ers best slot WR last year.

For all the criticism of Wright, you also have a few guys that probably are not top 30 guys. I've een few, if any, mocks with Miller or Robinson in the first round. Notwithstanding his combine workout, Robinson may not even be a 2nd round pick. If you are going to be critical of Wright's weight, then you would also have to be critical of Jeffrey who got fat during the season, skipped running at the combine so he could lose more weight and then showed up lighter at his pro day than where he had played at.

Kendall Wright = Peter Warrick

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=60892&draftyear=2000&genpos=WR

that really proves nothing except you have a basic understanding of Google

LOL

Same size, speed, inability to block, and separation challenges
Wright and Jenkins are literally the two guys I want the most.

Wright's stock is dropping way too much based on his combine 40. First of all, 40s are overrated. Second of all he ran a 4.46 at his pro day. He has game speed and is a playmaker. He is the anti-Stephan Hill (and I hate Stephan Hill). It's on field production vs combine warrior. On field production wins out almost every time.

Jenkins is a top 10 talent that got busted for smoking weed. Yes, he is an idiot, but let's be honest, that is one of the lesser offenses to be an "off-field issue". The bigger problem is that he knew he was going to be tested and smoked anyway, but at least he didn't test positive at the combine. Because of our strong locker room, Jenkins could thrive as a 49er and become an elite corner.

These two players both have the ability to become elite players, which is rare when picking at 30. I wouldn't mind Fleener, but TE is probably already our second strongest position behind ILB. Getting an impact WR or CB would be huge for this team long term.

Same size, speed, inability to block, and separation challenges

Blocking is a learned skill. I haven't seen Wright play in the NFL yet...have you?
With Harbaugh holding the reigns of his future, I'd take a dude with Jenkins' skill set at 30 whether he burned the ganja or burned his ex-girlfriend's body.
Originally posted by Draftology:

Wright's stock is dropping way too much based on his combine 40. First of all, 40s are overrated. Second of all he ran a 4.46 at his pro day. He has game speed and is a playmaker. He is the anti-Stephan Hill (and I hate Stephan Hill). It's on field production vs combine warrior. On field production wins out almost every time.

Jenkins is a top 10 talent that got busted for smoking weed. Yes, he is an idiot, but let's be honest, that is one of the lesser offenses to be an "off-field issue". The bigger problem is that he knew he was going to be tested and smoked anyway, but at least he didn't test positive at the combine. Because of our strong locker room, Jenkins could thrive as a 49er and become an elite corner.

These two players both have the ability to become elite players, which is rare when picking at 30. I wouldn't mind Fleener, but TE is probably already our second strongest position behind ILB. Getting an impact WR or CB would be huge for this team long term.

First on Wright - even if his 40 time wasn't weak -- which it is -- he does not have the size to play the Flanker position in the NFL...he is a "slot-only" prospect and should not go in the first round unless he has 4.3 speed or something like that. He completely fails to separate and most of his 'big plays' were on RGIII scrambles and coverage broke.

On Jenkins, its not just 'smoking weed' - he has multiple children by multiple women out of wedlock and has been arrested 4x, twice for pot (whatever) and twice for fighting.

I'd rather take burner Josh Robinson at #30.
Blocking is a learned skill. I haven't seen Wright play in the NFL yet...have you?

He finds blocking distasteful and gives up on plays where he is not the target.
Originally posted by Chaserton650:
With Harbaugh holding the reigns of his future, I'd take a dude with Jenkins' skill set at 30 whether he burned the ganja or burned his ex-girlfriend's body.

You've still got Roger Goddell homie...

okay
Originally posted by 49erstrandedinclev:
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
You start a lot of threads.

I disagree with you regarding Kendall Wright. He does not have elite 4.30-4.39 speed, but he has game speed. You also can't argue with Wright's production.

Read this article regarding Kendall's game speed. http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/NFL-Draft-a-look-at-Kendall-Wrights-game-speed.html

If Baalke selects Wright at #30, I will be very happy. I trust Baalke.

But, this is all a moot point because Kendall Wright will be gone by the time we pick at #30.

I agree with you on wright his workout speed numbers don't match the speed you see on game film, He always seemed like he could blow by a CB in college. Just remember if speed was the biggest need a WR then San Fran would never of drafted Jerry Rice. His was 4.71 sec. Sometimes you just have to trust what you see on film
Yes, but who was Wright surrounded by? Who was throwing to Wright in college? And at 30 for a slot receiver??! No way! I'll pass
i think Janoris Jenkins would be a nice addition to our team.

He finds blocking distasteful and gives up on plays where he is not the target.

Originally posted by Draftology:

First on Wright - even if his 40 time wasn't weak -- which it is -- he does not have the size to play the Flanker position in the NFL...he is a "slot-only" prospect and should not go in the first round unless he has 4.3 speed or something like that. He completely fails to separate and most of his 'big plays' were on RGIII scrambles and coverage broke.

On Jenkins, its not just 'smoking weed' - he has multiple children by multiple women out of wedlock and has been arrested 4x, twice for pot (whatever) and twice for fighting.

I'd rather take burner Josh Robinson at #30.

Wow, sounds like ur $4!* don't stink & u don't know what a "second chance" is when it comes to jerkins. Glad ur not da GM.
Share 49ersWebzone