LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 436 users in the forums

According to Mayock's Value Board, Make Our #61 Pick

According to Mayock's Value Board, Make Our #61 Pick

Everyone has an opinion about who we should take at #30. So to pass the time till the draft starts on Thursday, lets use Matt Mayock's Top 100 Board to make our second pick. In this exercise, we don't know who we picked at #30, so you just have to go with who you think will bring the most value.

Enjoy
Hell I kind of like Randle as a backup plan if our other faves are gone at #30. I swear I've seen him in the mid-30s on a lot of boards, so I didn't think it was that much of a reach. Is Mayock particularly low on Randle or have I missed some slide in recent days? That made this particular poll easy for me at first glance. Though, I also like the NT idea.
Lets see, Not a fan of Randle, not high on LSU WRs. Schwartz we dont need a Tackle, so he is out. Wolfe is a nice idea. Boykin IMO is too tiny. Jenkins is a sleeper, not sure he is a 2nd rd guy though.

Also Hilton isnt a 2nd rd guy either.

My choice would be Ta'amu, with Wolfe a close second. We need a future NT as Sopoaga isnt signed after 2012.
Looking over his top 100, If Kendall Reyes falls that would make sense too.

With his board I would go this

30- G Zeitler
61- NT Ta'amu or DE Wolfe (Reyes if he falls)
92- WR Sanu
I went with Ta'amu because Soap's contract is up after this season.

I'm surprised with all the Randle love because I thought that the comparison to Michael Crabtree that another webzoner made was a valid one.

But I think Josh Norman is actually the best pick because he is the physical CB that BaalkeBaugh crave.
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
I picked Josh Norman because he's a very physical corner that would fit well in Fangio's D...also, I'm not sure Culliver won't hit a sophomore slump at some point this year. He'll need someone behind him in case his productivity tails off a bit.
If randle is there at 61, that's an easy pick for me. It sounds like he will go late 1, early 2, but none of the speculation means a whole lot when the picks start. Would be happy w/Norman, too.
Randle

that is too high for Hilton IMO
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Looking over his top 100, If Kendall Reyes falls that would make sense too.

With his board I would go this

30- G Zeitler
61- NT Ta'amu or DE Wolfe (Reyes if he falls)
92- WR Sanu

I would do cartwheels if the Niners got Zeitler, Wolfe, and Sanu with their first 3 picks. I cant imagine a better draft
Originally posted by jreff22:
Randle

HIlton will have a bigger impact in the NFL than Rueben Randle.

And that being said, I still went with Mitchell Schwartz. Dude can play Tackle and could easily challenge for the RG job this year.
[ Edited by Baugh_Area on Apr 23, 2012 at 9:03 PM ]

Originally posted by Baugh_Area:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Randle

HIlton will have a bigger impact in the NFL than Rueben Randle.

And that being said, I still went with Mitchell Schwartz. Dude can play Tackle and could easily challenge for the RG job this year.

I think Randle could be nasty given the correct coaching, now I love both players and had us taking Hill in my first mock...had Ginn not come back he would be a major target IMO
Derek Wolfe without a doubt. Justin Smith version 2.0. This guy is a beast and he would be a definite upgrade to the Niners depth on the d-line.
Randle being there at #61 is a steal IMO. Randle all day
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Marvin Jones
30) Zeitler
61) Randle

I could really live with this.
Share 49ersWebzone