There are 235 users in the forums

Last-Second Draft Crush: Josh Robinson?

Never really looked at this guy until I read the 49 in 49 on him this morning. Dude is incredible! I would be very happy if he is the pick at #30. He's the guy that ran a 4.33 40 at the combine, has a 38.5 in vertical, and a 133 in long jump. 5'10'', 192 lbs.

From CBS Sports:

POSITIVES: Possesses legitimate NFL cover skills. Has a quick, low backpedal with a fluid hip turn to cover receivers down the field. Has at least adequate straight-line speed and good balance, fluidity to change directions. Alert defender for zone coverage, showing good understanding of route progressions occuring behind him and a quick burst downhill to break on underneath passes in front of him. Very good hand-eye coordination and timing to knock passes away as the receiver attempts to secure the catch. Highly competitive. Raised his level of play against top competition. Emerged as a standout punt returner in 2010, earning honorable mention accolades by averaging 15.2 yards per return (ninth in the country) as a sophomore, though he did not return a punt for score over his career. Played in all 38 games of his UCF career and has had no known injuries.

NEGATIVES: Possesses only average height for the position. A bit high in his backpedal. Too often allows a free release to the receiver when in man-press coverage. Gets his hands on a lot of football but needs to do a better job of turning interception opportunities into actual interceptions, recording 10 despite breaking up 36 passes over his career. Struggled with fumbles as a punt returner, raising concerns about his ability to contribute in this role at the NFL level.

Did I mention he was an excellent return man too?

[ Edited by nickbradley on Apr 23, 2012 at 9:48 AM ]
I think he's going to be a mid to late second rd guy. I'd be happy if he's our second round pick...
Originally posted by D_Niner:
I think he's going to be a mid to late second rd guy. I'd be happy if he's our second round pick...

He's flying, I mean flying up the draft boards.

A lot of mocks now have him at #23 to Detriot...
Originally posted by nickbradley:

He's flying, I mean flying up the draft boards.

A lot of mocks now have him at #23 to Detriot...

There's always alot of pre-draft decoy movement/discussion this close to the big show. Last week lots of folks had him rated in the 50's or 60's on their big boards; but, you never know, if there's a run on CBs he could go earlier...
at 5'10'' on a good day ..no thanx
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

On a good day? He was measured at 5'10" at the combine. 5'10" 190 is prototypical size for our scheme. Robinson in the second would be one hell of a pick for us, he could even replace Ginn at return man if we decide not to bring him back after next season.

Casey Hayward has and will continue to be my draft crush but if I had to pick another CB Robinson comes in a close 2nd place to Hayward.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

With a 38.5'' vertical, 5'10'' Is just fine. And his closing speed is incredible.
With a 38.5'' vertical, 5'10'' Is just fine. And his closing speed is incredible.

You stole your opinion from CBS sports
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Last-second draft crush: Constant Lee Makingthreads?
Originally posted by DirtyP:
You stole your opinion from CBS sports

Uh, no.

The BS you posted about Fleener was only published at PFT - you lifted it.

Those measurables aren't even at the CBS Link.

Try again noob.

Originally posted by DVDA:
Last-second draft crush: Constant Lee Makingthreads?

You like Stephen Mchateposts

I would like to get him or Brandon Boykin
  • fan49
  • Veteran

he runs a 4.29 to. good pick in 2nd for sure
Share 49ersWebzone