49ers vs. Seahawks Tickets Available! →

There are 695 users in the forums

Rafa's Draft Dream that will never ever happen.

Browse 49ers books and videos
Why can't Vernon Davis be our next gronk?
Originally posted by niners9:
Why can't Vernon Davis be our next gronk?

Don't get me wrong Vernon is my favorite Niner on the offense and he's very good but i'm talking size and skills. Vernon of course is our best receiver but i want Coby so we can create that Gronk and Hernandez duo.
Originally posted by rafachivas12:
Don't get me wrong Vernon is my favorite Niner on the offense and he's very good but i'm talking size and skills. Vernon of course is our best receiver but i want Coby so we can create that Gronk and Hernandez duo.

Vernon has the size and skills, he just doesn't have Tom Brady. Fleener will be a good player, I just don't see a need to draft a TE in round one when we have a great one already. And Delanie is a pretty solid TE as well.
Originally posted by niners9:
Vernon has the size and skills, he just doesn't have Tom Brady. Fleener will be a good player, I just don't see a need to draft a TE in round one when we have a great one already. And Delanie is a pretty solid TE as well.

Yea i agree and it's my view on the matter but also in a back up draft to this on I have us taking Stephen Hill first round and Cyrus Gray RB Texas A&M fourth round
Originally posted by rafachivas12:
Yea i agree and it's my view on the matter but also in a back up draft to this on I have us taking Stephen Hill first round and Cyrus Gray RB Texas A&M fourth round

It's cool. I just don't understand why a lot of people want another TE in first round. It just doesn't make sense to me, but I understand where people r coming from. I would love to have a guy like hill, he's the type of WR I think harbaugh likes. So I would be happy with that. I put a mock up to if u want to check it out and critique me.
Yea i would also like Stephen Hill but i see the niners needing to trade up for him.
OMG GUYZ FLEENER OMG OMG OMG
The big reason for the TE is for mismatch. With Harbaugh you might be a tight end but on this play you will be in the slot or wide outside. Fleener is fast, got good hands, creates seperation. He can play any of the receiver positions. Lets say your 3rd and long. Your formation consist of Davis, Walker, Fleener, with a combination of any two of the following, Mannning, Moss, Crabtree or add a Gore or Hunter. Defense has huge matchup problems. Fleener does have a weakness and thats blocking and that is a serious weakness. The good part it is a teachable skill, the question I have does he want to block. I like this pick. This draft is loaded with WR and a very good one can be had in the later rounds. edit: An example of a WR that no one is talking about is Joe Adams. Has Ginn speed with much better hands runs good routes and creates seperation, on top of that he was the best returner in college last year. Probably can get in the third round.
[ Edited by overthemiddle on Apr 13, 2012 at 8:21 PM ]
V.D. and Delanie.

Nuff said.
Originally posted by BigBug415:
V.D. and Delanie.

Nuff said.

Originally posted by overthemiddle:
The big reason for the TE is for mismatch. With Harbaugh you might be a tight end but on this play you will be in the slot or wide outside. Fleener is fast, got good hands, creates seperation. He can play any of the receiver positions. Lets say your 3rd and long. Your formation consist of Davis, Walker, Fleener, with a combination of any two of the following, Mannning, Moss, Crabtree or add a Gore or Hunter. Defense has huge matchup problems. Fleener does have a weakness and thats blocking and that is a serious weakness. The good part it is a teachable skill, the question I have does he want to block. I like this pick. This draft is loaded with WR and a very good one can be had in the later rounds. edit: An example of a WR that no one is talking about is Joe Adams. Has Ginn speed with much better hands runs good routes and creates seperation, on top of that he was the best returner in college last year. Probably can get in the third round.

Yea completely agree with you and Joe Adams i didn't add him due to other more important need at the 3rd round.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by BigBug415:
V.D. and Delanie.

Nuff said.


Ya. I was getting all caught up in the Fleener hype as well. Have since come down and don't think it would be the best position for us to draft.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by BigBug415:
V.D. and Delanie.

Nuff said.


Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by BigBug415:
V.D. and Delanie.

Nuff said.

Nuff Said?????

VD = 67 receptions for 792 yards and D. Walk = 19 rec. for 198 yards

What the heck do you guys see in D. Walker???
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone