There are 135 users in the forums

AB's Latest 2012 2-Round Mock Draft; As of April 11th, 2012

I did a 1 Round Mock a few weeks back after free agency died down, and I'm back with my new 2-Round Mock Draft, with anlaysis.

1st Round:

1. Indianpolis Colts- QB Andrew Luck, Stanford

No brainer, no Peyton Manning and now they start over with the top QB in the draft.

2. Washington Redskins (f/Rams)- QB Robert Griffin III, Baylor

The Redskins traded up for a reason, RG3. Giving up 2 future 1st-round picks, and this years 2nd was a big price to pay, but it should pay off in the end.

3. Minnesota Vikings- OT Matt Kalil, USC

The Vikings have plenty needs, but Tackle is their biggest need, they need to protect last years 1st-round pick Christian Ponder.

4. Cleveland Brown- RB Trent Richardson, Alabama

The Browns have a need at plenty spots, QB is one, but after thinking about it, the Browns need a premier back, and Richardson appears to have potential to be that,

5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- CB Morris Claiborne, LSU

Even though Tampa added Eric Wright, they still need a big play CB, and Claiborne is the best in the draft.

6. St. Louis Rams (f/Redskins)- WR Justin Blackmon, Oklahoma State

The Rams traded back from #2 and still get their man in Blackmon. He gives the Rams the deep threat that they need for Sam Bradford.

7. Jacksonville Jaguars- DE Quinton Coples, North Carolina

The Jaguars need a legit pass rusher, as Aaron Kampman won't last much longer.

8. Miami Dolphins- QB Ryan Tannehill, Texas A&M

I feel Tannehill is a huge reach anywhere before pick 20, but Tannehill to the Dolphins gives then their future QB.

9. Carolina Panthers- DE Melvin Ingram, South Carolina

The Panthers have needed a pass rusher since they lost Julius Peppers a few years back to Chicago.

10. Buffalo Bills- OT Riley Reiff, Iowa

The Bills have a need at Tackle after losing Demetrius Bell to the Eagles.

11. Kansas City Chiefs- ILB Luke Kuechly, Boston College

The Chiefs could use a tackling machine like Kuechly, who can also play a little OLB.

12. Seattle Seahawks- CB Dre Kirkpatrick, Alabama

Seattle is in need a top notch CB since they let Marcus Trufant go.

13. Arizona Cardinals- OT Jonathan Martin, Stanford

Even with the re-siging of Levi Brown, the Cardinals could still use a Tackle, as Adam Snyder isn't an adequate OT, as he is more of a OG.

14. Dallas Cowboys- OLB Courtney Upshaw, Alabama

The Cowboys have filled so many need thus far, including adding CB Brandon Carr, so why not upgrade the defense even more, by adding Upshaw, who is to some the best pass rusher.

15. Philadelphia Eagles- DT Fletcher Cox, Mississippi State

The Eagls filled a huge need with the trade for DeMeco Ryans, and filled the need at Tackle by signing Demetress Bell, so they add a solid DT.

16. New York Jets- WR Michael Floyd, Notre Dame

With the odds of Plaxico Burress not returning, and still in need of another threat, the Jets take Floyd.

17. Cincinnati Bengals (f/Raiders)- OG David DeCastro, Stanford

The Bengals need a OG badly, and DeCastro is the best available.

18. San Diego Chargers- NT Dontari Poe, Memphis

Even with the re-signing of Antonio Garay, I feel the Chargers need a future NT and Poe is a big boy.

19. Chicago Bears- DT Michael Brockers, LSU

Bears need a DT after letting Anthony Adams go, and Brockers rates highly on most boards.

20. Tennessee Titans- DT Devon Still, Penn State

They lost Jason Jones in free agency and are in need of a DT.

21. Cincinnati Bengals- S Mark Barron, Alabama

The Bengals need a safety after cutting Chris Crocker, and Barron is the best one in the draft.

22. Cleveland Browns (f/Falcons)- WR Kendall Wright, Baylor

Wright is my 3rd best WR and the Browns need a WR badly to add to the team. So getting Richardson and Wright in round 1 would help a lot towards the goal.

23. Detroit Lions- CB Stephon Gilmore, South Carolina

Gilmore has jumped ahead of Janoris Jenkins as my 3rd CB, and the Lions lost Eric Wright, so they are in need of a CB.

24. Pittsburgh Steelers- ILB Dont'a Hightower, Alabama

The Steelers would of needed a WR, but it seems Mike Wallace is staying, so they take a future ILB in Hightower.

25. Denver Broncos- DT Jerel Worthy, Michigan State

Worthy may be a little reach at 25, but the Broncos need a DT badly after losing Brodrick Bunkley in free agency to New Orleans.

26. Houston Texans- OLB Nick Perry, USC

The Texans need to fill the void left when Mario Williams departed to Buffalo

27. New England Patriots (f/Saints)- OG Cordy Glenn, Georgia

The Patriots could use some young depth at OG/OT.

28. Green Bay Packers- C Peter Konz, Wisconsin

Konz gives the Packers an immediate starter now that Scott Wells left to the Rams.

29. Baltimore Ravens- S Harrison Smith, Notre Dame

The Ravens don't have many needs so they have the luxury to take a future starter in Smith.

30. San Francisco 49ers- WR Stephen Hill, Georgia Tech

My 4th WR is Hill, and even with Manningham and Moss signed in San Francisco, the 49ers need a WR.

31. New England Patriots- OLB Whitney Mercilus, Illinois

Mercilus gives the Patriots a future at OLB that they need badly.

32. New York Giants- TE Coby Fleener, Stanford

The Giants need a true TE, even after getting Martellius Bennett.

2nd Round:

33. St. Louis Rams- OT Mike Adams, Ohio State

After getting Blackmon in round 1, the Rams get a big Tackle in Adams.

34. Indianapolis Colts- WR Mohamed Sanu, Rutgers

The Colts got what they hope is their franchise QB, so why not get him a top notch target.

35. Minnesota Vikings- CB Janoris Jenkins, North Alabama

The Vikings parted ways with Cedric Griffin, and while they added Chris Carr and Zackary Bowman, Jenkins gives them an upgrade as a 2nd CB.

36. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- OLB Zach Brown, North Carolina

The Bucs added some nice pieces in Free Agency, and another in Claiborne, so they add another in Brown.

37. Cleveland Browns- QB Brandon Weeden, Oklahoma State

After deciding against Ryan Tannehill at 4, and getting Richardson and Wright, they take a QB in Weeden.

38. Jacksonville Jaguars- WR Alshon Jeffery, South Carolina

After adding Coples in round 1, the Jags get a upgrade at WR in Jeffery to go with Free Agent addition Laurent Robinson.

39. St. Louis Rams (f/Redskins)- CB Trumaine Johnson, Montana

The Rams even after adding Cortland Finnegna decide they need another CB, and Johnson brings potential.

40. Carolina Panthers- DT Alameda Ta'amu, Washington

The Panthers decide they need a big body in the middle, and Ta'amu will help fill that need.

41. Buffalo Bills- WR Marvin Jones, California

The Bills add another WR to their arsenal, and after losing out on Robert Meachem, they get Marvin Jones, who has had a rise in his stock since the combine.

42. Miami Dolphins- OT Zebrie Sanders, Flordia State

The Dolphins got who they feel is their franchise QB in Tannehill in round 1, so now they get someone to protect him, in Zebrie Sanders.

43. Seattle Seahawks- ILB Mycal Kendricks, California

The Seahawks have lost David Hawthorne, and are in need of a ILB, and Kendricks will fit nicely in their system.

44. Kansas City Chiefs- OG Kevin Zeitler, Wisconsin

The Chiefs decide to add a Guard to upgrade their OL.

45. Dallas Cowboys- CB Alfonzo Dennard, Nebraska

Even with the addition of Brandon Carr, the Cowboys still need another CB. And Dennard fills the need.

46. Philadelphia Eagles- OLB Ronnell Lewis, Oklahoma

The Eagles need to desperately upgrade their LB core, and Lewis will help out tremendously.

47. New York Jets- OLB Vinny Curry, Marshall

I see the Jets needing a OLB for the future, so they take Curry, who I feel is a steal at 47 overall.

48. New England Patriots (f/Raiders)- CB Chase Minnifield, Virginia

The Patriots could use a young Corner to develop, and Minnifield seems ready to even throw out there from the start.

49. San Diego Chargers- DE Kendall Reyes, Connecitcut

Even though the Chargers brought back Luis Castillo, he isn't a long term answer, where Reyes would be.

50. Chicago Bears- WR Reuben Randle, LSU

The Bears are in deperate need of a WR to pair with Hester and newly acquired Brandon Marshall.

51. Philadelphia Eagles (f/Cardinals)- TE Dwayne Allen, Clemson

The Eagles could use another TE option behind Brent Celek.

52. Tennessee Titans- DE Chandler Jones, Syracuse

The Titans can use a pass rusher, and Jones fits as a DE and even at OLB.

53. Cincinnati Bengals- RB Lamar Miller, Miami(Fla.)

The Bengals need a RB badly, even acfter adding BenJarvus Green-Ellis.

54. Detroit Lions- OLB Lavonte David, Nebraska

The Lions need another OLB to help their LB core.

55. Atlanta Falcons- TE Orson Charles, Georgia

Even after extending and keeping Tony Gonzalez, they still need a TE for the future.

56. Pittsburgh Steelers- OG Amini Silatolu, Midwestern State

Silatolu is a small school prospect, but has potential to be a good one, and the Steelers could use a bolster to their OL depth.

57. Denver Broncos- RB David Wilson, Virginia Tech

The Broncos need more depth at RB, and Wilson is my 3rd best RB.

58. Houston Texans- DE Jared Crick, Nebraska

The Texans could use a DE and Crick fits well.

59. Green Bay Packers- RB LaMichael James, Oregon

A bit of a surprise, but the Packers could use another back with Ryan Grant gone.

60. Baltimore Ravens- OLB Andre Branch, Clemson

The Ravens lost Jarrett Johnson and are in need of a replacement, and Branch is a nice prospect to add.

61. San Francisco 49ers- OG Kelechi Osemele, Iowa State

The 49ers need a Guard to compete at RG with Daniel Kilgore and possibly Alex Boone.

62. New England Patriots- S Markelle Martin, Oklahoma State

The Patriots need help at Safety, and in the secondary in general.

63. New York Giants- RB Doug Martin, Boise State

The Giants need to add a 2nd RB to their team, and Martin is one of the best in this draft.
[ Edited by AB83Rules on Apr 11, 2012 at 3:17 PM ]
Where is DeCastro? There is no way he is going to fall out of the first round let alone the first two.
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
Where is DeCastro? There is no way he is going to fall out of the first round let alone the first two.

lmao, figures I missed someone.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Pretty typical first round for the most part. But no way Doug Martin lasts until the very end of round 2. He'll be in the last part of round 1, very early round 2. Most agree he's the 2nd best RB in this draft.
Fixed.
Originally posted by okdkid:
Pretty typical first round for the most part. But no way Doug Martin lasts until the very end of round 2. He'll be in the last part of round 1, very early round 2. Most agree he's the 2nd best RB in this draft.

I have a hard time putting a RB in round 1. I even have a hard time seeing any team taking Richardson so high.
AB, what's up?
I am going to throw you a couple bones here:
* Michael Floyd at seven. Chisel it in stone. Done deal. Jags need WR help baddddddly, and Floyd is going to be red hot on draft day.
* Look for Cordy Glenn to be the Bills selection at 10. I feel this one sneaking up on people.
* Andre Branch at 16 to the Jets, or somewhere in that area. Super hot rising prospect. Ran a blazing 10 yard split at the combine, along with Bruce Irvin. This number is really watched by scouts, much more than the forty.
* Minnefield is a major, big time faller. At least the fourth round, I think the fifth. Would not surprise if he is undrafted. Workout, from reports.....not good.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Apr 11, 2012 at 7:41 PM ]
Trufant resigned with sea and their secondary is pretty good so I think they will pass on a cb
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
AB, what's up?
* Michael Floyd at seven. Chisel it in stone. Done deal. Jags need WR help baddddddly, and Floyd is going to be red hot on draft day.
* Look for Cordy Glenn to be the Bills selection at 10. I feel this one sneaking up on people.
* Andre Branch at 16 to the Jets, or somewhere in that area. Super hot rising prospect. Ran a blazing 10 yard split at the combine, along with Bruce Irvin. This number is really watched by scouts, much more than the forty.
* Minnefield is a major, big time faller. At least the fourth round, I think the fifth. Would not surprise if he is undrafted. Workout, from reports.....not good.

Whats up MD, Didn't realize how bad Minnifield has fallen off.

I can see Floyd to Jags at 7, makes sense.

What round would you give Bruce Irvin at this time?

This seems to be the hot pick for Jags but Gene Smith is a GM who doesn't pick player's with character concerns. He is really big on it.... would make sense for them if he is willing to put Floyd's problems aside.

I don't see Martin falling that far. Great job besides that.
AB, what's up?

a hot rumour has cowboys taking dontari poe at pick #14
AB, what's up?

agree on Floyd I have called that for a while now.

the local jax radio is hysterical about the draft....these idiots keep thinking Blackmon will fall to them
I see Harbaugh taking Fleener over Hill...largely because Harbaugh really wants him (although he'll never say so publicly). Hill has potential...Fleener has skills and knowledge of Harbaugh's offense that will make him productive immediately. Then, maybe in rd 3, take Quick. Those two really beef up the receiving corps and might be drafted without any trading up or down. I still see Baalke trading up at least once, though. With a full roster, he'll go after quality over quantity.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
I see Harbaugh taking Fleener over Hill...largely because Harbaugh really wants him (although he'll never say so publicly). Hill has potential...Fleener has skills and knowledge of Harbaugh's offense that will make him productive immediately. Then, maybe in rd 3, take Quick. Those two really beef up the receiving corps and might be drafted without any trading up or down. I still see Baalke trading up at least once, though. With a full roster, he'll go after quality over quantity.

What makes you think Quick will be their at the end of the 3rd round?
Share 49ersWebzone