(62) 2b- Jonathan Massaquoi, DE/OLB, Troy
(78) 3a- f/m San Diego- Antonio Allen, S, South Carolina
(92) 3b- Nick Toon, WR, Wisconsin
(125) 4- Ladarius Green, TE, Louisiana-Lafayette
(157) 5- David Molk, C, Michigan
[ Edited by SteveYoung on Mar 31, 2012 at 7:29 AM ]
Love Toon in the 3rd...good value
Like the Molk pick too...he can sit for a year or two...very smart player

Overall i'd be happy. I think trading down in this draft will give us the best value.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Sjceruti:

Overall i'd be happy. I think trading down in this draft will give us the best value.

so trade down when hill is availiable. i like trading down but hill is worth the risk of 30 by far. besides that i like first pick, toon, and green picks other than that i dunno. but 3 outta six cant please everyone lol
Originally posted by fan49:
Originally posted by Sjceruti:

so trade down when hill is availiable. i like trading down but hill is worth the risk of 30 by far. besides that i like first pick, toon, and green picks other than that i dunno. but 3 outta six cant please everyone lol

I dont like Hill as a 1st rounder and yes, I know I'm in the minority.
I'd be happy with this
Many issues here:

1. Who is SD trading up for? Why would they trade?

2. Why are you kaing pass rusher in the 2nd when its a depth only position at this point??
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Many issues here:

1. Who is SD trading up for? Why would they trade?

2. Why are you kaing pass rusher in the 2nd when its a depth only position at this point??

What position isn't "depth only" at this point? He had us taking a G already.
i respect the trade down decision with your said players scooped up, but i just think we should get more than a third round pick for dropping 19 spots from our first rounder
This would be the best picks for the Draft if we trade our First with San Diego for their 2 and 3 rounds. If we sign a OT in free agency which seems like we are going to.
(49) Bobby Massie OG Ole Miss : We can use a guard and this kid is built to our need.
(62) Mohamed Sanu WR. Rutgers: We can use a great route runner that cuts corners like a pro.
(78) Tyrone Crawford DE. Boise St: With Justin Smith getting older Baalke will address that by drafting a DE and with Smith mentoring him he could become just as good.
(92) Casey Hayward CB Vanderbilt: We have CB covered but Baalke will still address this and probably just start him off in special teams.
(125) Demario Davis OLB Arkansas St: We need depth at OLB and this kid is fast and opposite to Aldon he would be a good run blocker or pass rusher. He has the speed.
(157) Tommy Streeter WR Miami (FL): We can still address WR this draft and with a 6'5" WR still on the board why not he can evolve into something else.
(199) Scott Wedige C Northern Illinois: We need to find a replacement for Goodwin and this kid could be the answer.
(237)Damon Harrison, DT, William Penn: We also need to address DT and build on it Issac Sopoaga took all snaps this season and so he need a back up.

And Trent Baalke will grab some Undrafted free Agents
Damien Jackson FS Ole Miss: We need to address the leaving of Reggie Smith and this kid could evolve
Elvis Akpla WR Montana St: We just need to continue building our WR corps to build challenges. Fast and good hands.
Do not like

Originally posted by valrod33:
Do not like

this. I think we get Hill at the 30th.
nice, I would replace Toon with Streeter but that's a little nitpicking
[ Edited by kronik on Apr 6, 2012 at 11:16 PM ]
(49) 2a f/m San Diego- Amini Silatulo, G/T, Midwestern State (62) 2b- Jonathan Massaquoi, DE/OLB, Troy (78) 3a- f/m San Diego- Antonio Allen, S, South Carolina (92) 3b- Nick Toon, WR, Wisconsin (125) 4- Ladarius Green, TE, Louisiana-Lafayette (157) 5- David Molk, C, Michigan

I totally would be down with this trade down. However I would go another step.

49- Kevin Zeiter- Guard wisconsin- safer guard pick in my opinion.
62- Billy Winn DE Boise State for a 3-4
78- Turbin RB Utah
92- Marvin Jones, WR Berekley- have season tickets to Berkeley, stud WR with bad qb play
125- Brandon Lindsey OLB pittsburgh- a Lamar Woodley clone
157- Devon Wylie KR Fresno State.

I know two WR's is dumb, but Wylie is a KR, Ginn is only under contract for one year.
If the above players are gone then I would go this route

1st wr
hill

2nd anyone of these guards
amini-silatolu
kevin-zeitler
kelechi-osemele

3rd RB
robert-turbin

4th TE
michael-egnew

there is no 5th, 6th or 7th because I would use these to move up as necessary to get the players in the 2nd thru 4th round as necessary.
Not bad...but I see Baalke trading up to get a few choice players rather than trading down. The roster is full now...very few spots to win. Why not trade up to gain quality vice quantity. I don't see more than 4 rookies making the team.
Share 49ersWebzone