LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 267 users in the forums

Updated Mock V4

I'm not sure I see any splashy move coming in free agency. We kept most our own guys and slightly addressed WR. Peyton Manning news was interesting but things are about the same going forward as we could have expected.

Signed:
Alex Smith
CJ Spillman
Ahmad Brooks
Carlos Rodgers
Dashon Goldson
Randy Moss
Mario Manningham
Larry Grant
Perrish Cox
Tavaras Gooden
Will Tukuafu

Key Losses
Josh Morgan'
Ted Ginn
Blake Castonzo
Adam Snyder

Trade Pick 30 to Cleveland for their 2nd(#36) and 4th(#99)

2nd from Cleveland- OG Kevin Zeitler Wisconsin- He is the drafts 3rd ranked Gaurd after DeCastro and Glenn and this is the perfect spot for him value wise. We address our only open starting spot with at least someone who will be added to the competition. We also pick up an early 4th for only dropping 6 spots.

2nd- WR Brian Quick Appalacian State- Moss is signed for 1 year but who knows what that means. Manningham could end up our #2 guy or our slot. We have no WR signed past 2013 except Kyle Williams. Here's a little about Quick: Perhaps the nation's premier wideout at the NCAA Division I FCS level … likely one of college football's top pass-catchers at any level … widely regarded to likely be the first FCS player selected in the 2012 NFL Draft … in line to make serious runs at Appalachian's all-time records for receptions (69 behind DaVon Fowlkes' seven-year-old record of 200), receiving yards (802 yards behind Rick Beasley's 31-year-old record of 3,124), touchdown catches (five behind Bob Agle's 43-year-old record of 25) and yards per reception (Quick leads Beasley by .1 yard with a 17.7 yards per catch for his career) … enters his final campaign as the active FCS leader with 2,322 receiving yards and 17.7 yards per catch for his career … was a standout basketball player in high school who did not play prep football until his senior year … still possesses the leaping ability of a premier hoops player … boasts terrific hands … due to late start in the sport, has worked extremely hard to become an excellent route-runner … is one of only two players remaining on ASU's roster that played in the historic 2007 victory at Michigan (Gordy Witte, Jr. being the other). He also ran 4.55 at the combine at 6'4 220.

3rd- CB Josh Norman Coastal Carolina- I know, I know....We resigned Rodgers and Picked up Perrish Cox, who I believe will compete for a starting spot, and is a consideration in the return game. What we did in free agency to me made this a BPA draft. Norman could be #1 CB someday. 6'0 197 Perhaps the most impressive prospect of all this entire week, Norman turned heads every day in practice with his quick feet, closing burst and natural ballskills. He looks natural in reverse with good hip action and body flexibility. Norman intimidated physically with imposing size for the position at 6-0, 203 pounds with 32 ??-inch arms, showing safety size with cornerback skills. He was considered a late-round prospect entering the week, but now looks like a borderline third/fourth round pick. 200 lb CB's that can cover make great Safety's. We are thin at safety and you can never have too many corners....

4th- from Cleveland- RB/WR/KR/PR- Chris Rainey Florida- A luxury pick from the trade down. Another weapon for Harbaugh to play with and another player capable of taking over the return duties. The former Florida do-everything back just cares about proving to NFL teams that he belongs in the league. He did his best to convince them Tuesday morning during UF's Pro Day in Ben Hill Griffin Stadium. Rainey didn't run the 4.1-second 40-yard dash he boasted about before the NFL Combine, but the 5-foot-9, 180-pound speedster clocked times of 4.3 and 4.33 Tuesday.

4th- DT Derek Wolfe Cinncinatti- After 2013 Sopoaga, RJF, and Justin Smith's contracts expire. While I believe we have the depth for 2012, this pick is a luxury now with a look to the near future. This kid has been in many of the webzone mocks so I'm not gonna go in depth on him. For 2012 he can rotate at DE to keep those guys fresh. DL seem to take a while to develop also.

5th- WR Ryan Broyles Oklahoma- Rroduction, Production, Production he's been the most prolific receiver in the school's long history. Broyles set freshman record for receiving yards (687) and tied for the most receptions (46), in addition to scoring 10 touchdowns and averaging nearly 10 yards per punt return (24-238, with one TD). He earned multiple All-Big 12 accolades after his sophomore year as a receiver (89-1,120-15) and punt returner (31-492-1), including a Sun Bowl MVP performance at the end of the year (13-156-3) -- despite suffering a slight fracture of his left shoulder blade during the year. His 2010 season further solidified his place as a legitimate top 50 prospects (131-1,622 yards-14, 34-368 on punt returns). The Walter Camp All-American and first-team All-Big 12 selection lacks great height, girth, and straight-line speed for his size. But his ability to make plays down the sideline, over the middle, in the slot, and as a returner should allow him to have a long NFL career. ACL tear end of Senior year is only reason he's not an early 2nd rounder

. He expects to hold a private workout day of his own in April, before the NFL draft is held from April 26-28.

6th- Brandon Lindsay OLB/DE Pittsburgh- Haralson could not be in SF mich longer, we need some youthful depth at OLB. He's 6'2 254 was a top recruit at LB that moved to DE as a true freshman. Ideal 3-4 OLB potential.

7th- Baalke likes small school CB's in the 7th, doubt that changes
I would be very happy if the draft went that way. Zeitler is a solid pick, Quick has the tools and plenty of potential, and I really like Norman at CB. I haven't seen a lot of mocks with us getting Rainey, but I actually like that a whole lot.
wat about a running back in the 5th instead of another wr
nice , although i think we draft a RB at some point. i wouldnt consider Rainey a true RB.
That would be a really solid draft even though I'm not sure on Quick. Is Cleveland coming up for Tanehill?
Originally posted by Gore_21:
That would be a really solid draft even though I'm not sure on Quick. Is Cleveland coming up for Tanehill?

Kinda makes no sense being that Cleveland already has 2 1st rounders. Not sure why they would want a 3rd
switch out quick with streeter and im a happy fan
I'd be down with that.
Originally posted by Gore_21:

I have Cleveland taking Trent Richardson at #4, and Kendall Wright at #22. Then Tannehill is still sitting there at 30 and the phone rings....After free agency I dont think alot of teams will reach for him. Cleveland gives McCoy some weapons first, and could go Weeden in the 2nd but Tannehill falls a bit and they jump on it
Originally posted by 228niner:
wat about a running back in the 5th instead of another wr

ginn resigned, RB for sure

How many WR's and CB's do you expect the Niners to carry? Your draft leaves them with 8 WR's and 7 CB's. They could use help at other positions like NT, RB. C, and FS. Just saying.......
Originally posted by saniner:
I would be very happy if the draft went that way. Zeitler is a solid pick, Quick has the tools and plenty of potential, and I really like Norman at CB. I haven't seen a lot of mocks with us getting Rainey, but I actually like that a whole lot.

My mocks keep changing. I really thought we would sign a gaurd. Zeitler makes sense even at 30 because of the need. We could go in alot of directions but I love Quick, Norman....Rainey wont happen now that Ginn resigned. To redundant with skills Ginn, K Williams, and Hunter have
Share 49ersWebzone