There are 196 users in the forums

Hey MadDog, OTC!

Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Sorry for the delay.

It always comes down to who is on the board. Impossible to say at this point. The team will probably sit on the pick, and wait to see who falls in their lap.

I think these players I really like will be off the board when the team picks, but if they are available, to me, it is a no-brainer:
1) Peter Konz- I think he is one of the best players in this draft, and immediately starts at center or right guard.
2) Stephen Hill- While he is super green, anyone that tall, quick, explosive, and seemingly a hard worker, is going to have a great shot at being a high-impact player.
3) Janoris Jenkins- To me, he is right there with Claiborne as the best cover corner in the draft. If this kid can put it all together, he has Pro-Bowl skills
4) Cordy Glenn- I like Glenn better than any lineman not named Konz, Kalil or DeCastro.

There are many more other guys I think highly about that I assume will be long gone by the time the team picks. Here are some high second round players I see outperforming many people's expectations: Mohamed Sanu and Brandon Thompson. I could see the team selecting these guys.

I will be on the Webzone when the team picks, and break down my best available board in advance.

I also like Hill. You are right, with that pick there are so many players that can be available. So hard to pick in the late first round and be right. Top 10 is so much easier to gauge.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
We need Hill to rob a 7-11 or something so he can fall to us.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
We need Hill to rob a 7-11 or something so he can fall to us.

Entrapment opportunities needed
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ishkabibel:
Nobody on this board was hyping Alden Smith with our pick.

A few were hyping Aldon Smith though.
Agreed, it's been a lot easier these past 8 years or so having top 10ish picks. You can really narrow it down. Much tougher at the end of round one.

I think last year it was Amukamara vs Quinn vs Peterson (although in the back of our minds we knew he wouldn't be there)

I made a list pre draft who I would be ecstatic if they fell.... who I would be happy with.... and who I would understand. I had Aldon in the last category. Not that I didn't like him it's just that I thought he would be more of a project and take a few years to contribute. I wanted someone who could contribute from day 1. I think a lot of people felt that way. Then you got the group that wanted Baalke gone and went overboard with it... "the chicken little group"
I know I wasn't asked, but I'm giving my opinion anyways!!!

I think the most LIKELY pick is OG Kevin Zietler or the 49ers try to trade down.

I think the guys Niners want the most that MIGHT fall to us are Konz, Fleener, and Hill. All 3 though I think are likely to go before we pick.

Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by ishkabibel:
Nobody on this board was hyping Alden Smith with our pick.

A few were hyping Aldon Smith though.

I don't think I posted very often before last years draft, so I might not be able to back up my claim with past posts. But I was on the Aldon Smith bandwagon. There are certain players that I happen to catch a game of and they immediatley jump out of the screen at me after just seeing them once. Aldon Smith was that guy....as a FRESHMAN.
Share 49ersWebzone