LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 248 users in the forums

David Wilson/Lamar Millar

I can really see us taking one of these two RB's at #30. Their value is right around there, and Harbaugh loves running the ball. Gore is also approaching 30, and Kendall Hunter, while impressive, doesn't seem like an every down back. Given that we have so few needs, we can go with BPA, and I think there is a very good chance that we regard one of these guys as the best on our board when we pick.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Draftology:
I can really see us taking one of these two RB's at #30. Their value is right around there, and Harbaugh loves running the ball. Gore is also approaching 30, and Kendall Hunter, while impressive, doesn't seem like an every down back. Given that we have so few needs, we can go with BPA, and I think there is a very good chance that we regard one of these guys as the best on our board when we pick.

Im of this school of thought as well. We all know were going to draft an RB this year, if either of them are there I would rather have them then almost anyone else

On another note, if its possible to re-watch the VTect-Miami game I need to find out how. They torched each others's D.

Miller: 166 yards on 18 carries with a long of 37 and 1 TD
Wilson: 128 yards on 23 carries with a long of 18 and 0 TD
Man I've been hollering Miller. the dude is going to be good. He can also return kickoffs. Pair him with maybe Brandon Boykin in the second, and we upgrade our special teams as well. Miller reminds me of McCoy from Philly.- he can score on any play.
I think with the signing at manningham and if we sign schwartz, we might actually look at taking an rb at the first round. I would love to have lamar. Gore would love to mentor a fellow cane.
David Wilson is one of my favorite players in the draft; with the other being Kendall Wright. I was hoping a month ago that we would be able to fill a couple of needs via free agency, giving us a chance to draft for BPA and it's really possible now.

I'm not opposed to picking Miller, he's also a great back. Just give me either!
[ Edited by YungAce on Mar 19, 2012 at 9:38 PM ]
Miller at #30 all the way. Frank was the X-factor for years, but not anymore. in this offense, we need a legit workhorse. Trade 'Cane for 'Cane. I'm all in
id rather trade back into the 2nd and grab Martin. But i agree we need a RB bc our offense depends on a solid running game
[ Edited by JustinNiner on Mar 19, 2012 at 9:36 PM ]
I'd love miller at 30
Lamar would be a good KR. but PR is where I think the team will suffer the most if Ginn is gone.
Miller's burst and vision through the middle is elite, but I just hate drafting RBs in the first. Definitely wouldnt be pissed about it though, still the prospect of developing Hill or adding a large TE like Fleener is a little more enticing IMHO.

As I posted in my mock draft, I'm 100% on board with drafting a RB at #30.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 5280High:
Miller's burst and vision through the middle is elite, but I just hate drafting RBs in the first. Definitely wouldnt be pissed about it though, still the prospect of developing Hill or adding a large TE like Fleener is a little more enticing IMHO.

my thoughts exactly.

if Hill, Fleener, Wilson/Miller are on the board you pick Hill.
If Fleener, Wlison/Miller is on the board you pick Fleener
if Wilson/Miller or BPA any other position you pick Wilson/Miller.
Originally posted by sfout:
my thoughts exactly.

if Hill, Fleener, Wilson/Miller are on the board you pick Hill.
If Fleener, Wlison/Miller is on the board you pick Fleener
if Wilson/Miller or BPA any other position you pick Wilson/Miller.

I can agree that, although I do prefer Fleener. I don't think it's quite over yet for Frank Gore however. People loved to quote Bill Walsh saying it's better to cut a player a year early, but in the case of Gore, it may be 2 years early. He had some great games this season, and had about as many stinkers as any of the elite backs in the NFL. I don't think they give him a 5 year extension if he wasn't good for at least 3. With that said, I would love a scenario where we could pick up Fleener, Miller, and Streeter (although I see a team reaching for him, even though he is still raw).

Pulling that off would be a coup and could perhaps set our offense for the short and longterm.
We can get a good running back in the 3rd or 4th or later round.

TE/ WR in the first unless Glenn is availalbe

Guard in the second
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Wilson the one that always wears a suit?

I was thinking the same thing today. Wouldn't be mad with an rb and jones in the second
Share 49ersWebzone