LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 238 users in the forums

MartysoFresh's Mock 1.0

My mock has changed dramatically because of free agency so here's what I had to scrap together after a little research. Once again THIS CHANGES ALMOST EVERYDAY BECAUSE OF FA, so this is as of right now. 49ers biggest needs are WR, CB, G and then depth at LB. Not necessarily in that order, but those are the ones. I feel that we need to start with the OL situation because we no longer have Snyder and its come to my attention that A.Davis plays somewhere as good as the guy next to him so we cant have Kilgore step in yet unless FO knows he's ready. * = pick depends on FA

FA Done moves- WR - Randy Moss
CB/KR/PR -Parrish Cox
CB - Carlos Rogers
ILB -Tavares Gooden
FB/SP -Rock Cartwright
SS/SP - C.J Spillman

FA Re-sign – Ted Ginn- Make him designated Return man or let him walk. I heard he want to be know as a WR that can also play ST and he wants WR money. If he can improve his hands, that would be nice. Would love to have sucha dynamic return man but if he walks for Detroit, Parris Cox will feel in.

FA targets- OG Geoff Schwartz- only 25yr. Can play both OG/Swing OT. Offer him a 3-4yr deal

OLB Manny Lawson for depth(was originally Jarrett Johnson but he's gone) Offer a 2yr deal to be a back up

WR Mario Manningham - Self explanatory

or

Brandon Llyod- Self explanatory as well

(Stephen Hill/Coby Fleener gone scenario w/trade back{Panthers})

Panthers need a NT, CB, and LB. They'll get Dontari Poe at #9 and trading up with us so they can jump over the vikings and 9 other teams to get CB Stephon Gilmore at #30 would sound good to them

RD2. Jared Crick DE or (Peter Konz/Kevin Zeitler) - depends on if we land a Schwartz or not. I doubt Konz makes it past the Colts at #34 but if he's there, we take him.

RD2. Brian Quick WR - 6'4, 220lb. This guy doesnt get as much credit as he deserves, ran a 4.55 at the combine. Has great body control, great awareness, balance and even better hands. Watching Moss ip close and personal could do alot for his career in the future. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oh5X0_c1DZo&feature=related

RD3. Robert Turbin RB - 5'10, 222lb.(4.44 40yr time) Very similiar to Trent Richardson physically. Turbin is know as a smashmouth North/South kind of runner, he's an excellent blocker, and has great hands. Lined up at Wr on some plays in college and scored on fade routes. Would be the prefect guy to take over once Gore decides to hang up the cleats. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8ywX06YgAA

RD3. Trumaine Johnson CB (can also play FS) 6'2- 206. Above average height for a corner and that is what we need on this team in order to get rid of some mismatches. Could develop into a starter one day or even fill the role as a back-up FS to Goldston. Good speed and good instincts for the ball, great potential

RD4. Senio Kelemete/ Brandon Brooks OG - This pick could changed depending on what happens in FA but either one of these players could fill a glaring hole at RG one day big guys that move well

RD5.T.Y Hilton(5'10) /Joe Adams(5'11) WR - Both of these guys have PR abilities and great game speed. If you've youtube'd either one of them, you would know that these are some hard guys to keep up with when they have the ball in their hands. Would be great pick when looking for a slot reciever

RD6. Duke Ihenacho SS / Miles Burris OLB/ Kelcie McCray SS - I dont know much about Burris. Kinda just saw him on other mocks and was just looking for depth here. Duke(SJSU, where Whitner just happens to be taking some classes at) caught some interest from the Niners and could be a good back up behind Whitner.

RD.7 Tank Carder ILB- I kinda just like the name and we need depth behind Willis and Bowman. We saw how good Grant was, maybe can make this guy good too

RD.7 Cliff Harris CB/KR/PR - (7th rd tender pick assuming Grant gets picked up by somebody) - I mentioned his name in another thread and a few people believe he could be a steal if he could sort out his off the field issues. He was considered a top corner before he got dismissed from the team. Low Risk pick.

now we have depth at almost every position and plenty of talent. I'd leave it up to the coaches to take care of the rest. Im open to all fixes, edits, comments, and critism.
[ Edited by martysofresh on Mar 16, 2012 at 2:21 AM ]
Good job. Everything makes sense. Really like the b.quick pick and the
R. Turbin pick. Would be very pleased
if things turned out like this. Good Job
nice job
how many posts after me until someone complains about manny lawson....i guess 3
Originally posted by TalkinBoutWILLIS:
how many posts after me until someone complains about manny lawson....i guess 3

Manny would be great at least in the limited role of covering tall TEs.
Good job. Especially like 2nb and 3rd round picks. Would be happy if it we draft this way....
Lawson is not returning here, certainly not to be a backup. The rest of the offseason I'm fine with.
Originally posted by SFrush:
Lawson is not returning here, certainly not to be a backup. The rest of the offseason I'm fine with.

Yea, He's the only "quality" OLB without a 2nd or 3rd round tender on him. Any other OLBs that I missed?
Good post.

I really like the draft.

Got my barf bag out when I saw Manny Lawson. Don't care for the FA moves except Schwartz.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Good post.

I really like the draft.

Got my barf bag out when I saw Manny Lawson. Don't care for the FA moves except Schwartz.

Lol. I need somebody post a list of OLBs then. But yes. In all honesty, I truly think manningham is slightly overrated, but talented. Lloyd is aging but still good, but both are good and both would probably want no less than #2 money

if this happens....Superbowl baby!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone