There are 240 users in the forums

Peter Konz

Originally posted by pete98146:
All the mocks that I've seen have Konz going in the early 20s. Doubt he'd be there at #30. Althought I've heard he didn't do well on the bench press....

only 18 reps, one of the lowest among all offensive lineman. From what I've seen, he doens't over power or maul guys. What he does do well at is keep his pads low, sets up and holds the block and doesn't get beat. He looks like he has a lot of quickness, great balance and moves well in space, always seems to sink low in his pads.

I don't think you really put much stock into reps.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by pete98146:
All the mocks that I've seen have Konz going in the early 20s. Doubt he'd be there at #30. Althought I've heard he didn't do well on the bench press....

only 18 reps, one of the lowest among all offensive lineman. From what I've seen, he doens't over power or maul guys. What he does do well at is keep his pads low, sets up and holds the block and doesn't get beat. He looks like he has a lot of quickness, great balance and moves well in space, always seems to sink low in his pads.

I don't think you really put much stock into reps.

Knowing that they test Bench Press at the Combine, he still performed poorly. That makes me worry about his offseason work ethic. Would not consider him a first rounder anymore. I don't want to worry about the shape a first rounder will show up in.
Ive heard some speculation that seahawks are interested in Mario Williams so if thats happen id say for sure draft Konz or some other good O-liner bc we will have to fortify the line for sure!!! maybe he can play guard???
Huge Wisconsin fan and Konz is one of the more rounded OL to come through the factory line. He's a definite mauler and a tough kid. Played through Rose Bowl with a nasty ankle injury. Can run and pass block well.
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
Huge Wisconsin fan and Konz is one of the more rounded OL to come through the factory line. He's a definite mauler and a tough kid. Played through Rose Bowl with a nasty ankle injury. Can run and pass block well.

For Real. He's so tough, they won't let him in the weight room.
I was just messing around with the Draft contest. I ended up having the Niners drafting Peter Konz at 30. Would you consider this a horrible pick? (like i said i was just messing around. just wondering what the rest of the folks think. )
  • sfout
  • Veteran
just so this thread doesnt get locked without a reply. no Konz at 30 is not a bad pick, he is easily in the top 5 most likely available players for us at that pick. He very well could end up as our pick but only if Hill, Wright, or Fleener is not around, we might even look to a DT like Devon Still at 30 rather then draft another OL when the 9ers already believe they have "seven starting OL" on their roster.
i think there is already a konz thread

either way would love this pick future pro bowl C and can play RG next year
thanks for the replies guys. I never thought of landing/getting Konz at 30. Its a trip to actually sit down and elimanate folks from the draft board. It was a surprise for me. (sorry mods didnt know there was a Konz thread. lock away.)
He's highly rated almost everywhere.

Some feel he'll go before we pick -maybe Bears or Ravens

Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
He's highly rated almost everywhere.

Some feel he'll go before we pick -maybe Bears or Ravens

i see bears taking him

they already got a #1 WR they need to fix that o line

i see them taking glenn or konz
He'd be a solid pick and a BPA type of guy if he's there at #30. Most drafts are showing him just out of reach of the Niners. Only thing that might have him slide a bit is low bench press at the combine. I also wonder if he was aided by playing next to Zietler or vice versa.
[ Edited by pete98146 on Apr 13, 2012 at 3:39 PM ]
Its a horrible pick because the Bengals are taking him at #21
I had Fleener going to the Broncos (thinking he'd be a good present for Peyton). And because the Niners need just about any other position than a third string TE in the first round.

Late the hatin' commence...
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
I like his teammate Kevin Zeitler better, This bio of has me hoping we draft him
Kevin Zeitler bio
Share 49ersWebzone